Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

NO doesnt have the MONEY to give him the contract we can......

So.....let him take his tour

Unfortunately, looks like the 'Aints begged Brees to rework some cap numbers in order to make some room...who knows though. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/report-bills-host-pass-rusher-ziggy-ansah-visit

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

NO doesnt have the MONEY to give him the contract we can......

So.....let him take his tour

I read they structured bress contract and have 11 million to spare after signing brown.

The Saints already spent on their defensive line on Thursday, signing defensive tackle Malcolm Brown to a 3-year deal worth $15 million total. They should still have room to sign Ansah if he wants to go there, as the Saints re-worked Drew Brees' contract to create $11 million in cap space.

Report: Bills host pass rusher Ziggy Ansah on a visit

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Well if he left it usually means one of 3 things. Either A) His medicals didn't check out B)His medicals didn't check out and the Bills wanted to sign him for less money to protect themselves or C) His medicals cleared but he wanted more than what Buffalo wanted to give up.

or d...which means he wanted to check out the digs in da big easy...can you blame him?....no, but then again, you leave without signing, don't come back.  too much money for him.

blessing in disguise...

go slap up sheldon richardson ( if he's not already somewhere else) and dangle a let's see what ya got one year deal in front of him. could be very good if he gets the obd tude. then we can draft sweat and ximines. sign daniel wise(3 tech dt) in the 4th and we are set.

Edited by billsredneck1

I did sound like Beane wasn't done yet though.  He said after this weekend his focus would be the draft.  Which means he is still kicking tires. Still has about $20 million to play with if he wants.   

Edited by Mark92

Saints just lost Alex Okafor today to KC. He was someone I thought that the Bills should have considered. I hope that they get Ansah.

Just now, Mark92 said:

I did sound like Beane wasn't done yet though.  He said after this weekend his focus would be the draft.  Which means he is still kicking tires.  

He also kept reiterating that they have plenty of money should “a marquee player become available either in FA or via trade.” Maybe they are still working on a trade for a star? Julio? Green? Clowney? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Saints just lost Alex Okafor today to KC. He was someone I thought that the Bills should have considered. I hope that they get Ansah.

Interesting though that Okafor got $8m a year from KC and I'm assuming the Saints didn't/can't offer that. I would expect Ansah to cost more than that on a short term deal.

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Well if he left it usually means one of 3 things. Either A) His medicals didn't check out B)His medicals didn't check out and the Bills wanted to sign him for less money to protect themselves or C) His medicals cleared but he wanted more than what Buffalo wanted to give up.

Or D) he wants to go to New Orleans and weigh his offers. Or E.) New Orleans upped their offer.  Or F). His medicals checked out the Bills wanted him but he decided Buffalo wasn't a fit for him or F2) He was hoping we would up the offer with a healthy check up and we didn't. 

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I guess this means they are doing their backup plan.  Trading for Clowney.

I'm betting we trade for Ogbah from the Bowns. Cheaper trade option. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Interesting though that Okafor got $8m a year from KC and I'm assuming the Saints didn't/can't offer that. I would expect Ansah to cost more than that on a short term deal.

If the Saints want Ansah they will find the money. They’ve been doing it for years. Loomis doesn’t even apologize for it. They will have no issues making the offer. Ansah is a backup there though. If that matters maybe he goes to the Bills.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He also kept reiterating that they have plenty of money should “a marquee player become available either in FA or via trade.” Maybe they are still working on a trade for a star? Julio? Green? Clowney? 

Unless something major changes it won't be Green--Mike Brown already said no to that

Edited by thebandit27

With all the injuries, I'm guessing Ansah doesn't have a huge market.

He's lasted four days on the market (which is forever in free agency) and only has two visits lined up.

Knowing the way Beane works, we probably gave him a good offer, but not something that blew him away and kept him from cancelling his visit to New Orleans.

We'll see how it goes.  Sometimes a player comes back to his first visit (Kevin Johnson) and sometimes they don't (Dwayne Allen).

• Like (+1) 1