FIXING #30 OFFENSE,HELPING JOSH SUCCEED-keeping score

Pete

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

So what is the plan to fix the 30th ranked offense, the 31st passing?  How are we going to fix our offensive line?  How are we going to put Josh in a position to succeed?  What do you got Mr Beane?

So far:

Frank Gore

Tyler Kroft

In fairness, it does come off a little panicky  We are less than 7 hours in.  When we lose out on both FA Centers and the top 3 WR's, I may join you.  

I think Gore was cheap and any player you hope to start that's under 7 mil is a drop in the bucket.

But we shall see...

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yet, somehow it feels like the Bills are up against the cap.

Exactly. 

Which then forces a team like us to have to overpay to make up for the fact that we’re not a big market team, not a sexy location, don’t have much O talent..

Edited by Playoffs?

Just now, White Linen said:

Do you think its just Gore and Kroft?

IMO we need at least 2 starters on offensive line.  There is not much offensive line available in FA- and they are being signed quick.  Hopefully we can get Saffold.  Morse and Williams are good.  But there will be bidding wars on all 3.  If we lose out, it forces our hand in draft.  And ideally we don't start 2 rookie oline

1 minute ago, Pete said:

IMO we need at least 2 starters on offensive line.  There is not much offensive line available in FA- and they are being signed quick.  Hopefully we can get Saffold.  Morse and Williams are good.  But there will be bidding wars on all 3.  If we lose out, it forces our hand in draft.  And ideally we don't start 2 rookie oline

We’re kind of f’d If we have to rely on 2 rookies starting on the line (with a few veterans that are not that good).  Yeah, I’m panicking just a little. Would be nice to have a little security before the draft.  

If youre investing in Josh Allen, give the guy some protection that is good!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

We’re kind of f’d If we have to rely on 2 rookies starting on the line (with a few veterans that are not that good).  Yeah, I’m panicking just a little. Would be nice to have a little security before the draft.  

If youre investing in Josh Allen, give the guy some protection that is good!

Is is pretty important

I want veterans on this offensive line.....I actually think we have guards now that Spencer Long was brought in early......and I want to see the bills continue Wyatt Teller's development.

but put veterans between them........please upgrade at center and right tackle

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

and I think Kroft and Gore will be good Bills(Gore is a warrior)- but I think we way overpaid.  And money could of been spent better.  If we make a couple big signings, Kroft and Gore will look much better

Gore isn't going to do anything here if we don't fix our oline . 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I get it,  but my point is let them get some stuff done - then we'll grade them.  So far I'm really not liking these numbers being handed out, so I'd much rather see a measured approach. 

Trent Brown at $16.5 mil - heck no. 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh no, there goes your baseless rant.  Morse signing with the Bills.  What are you going to complain about now Pete 7 hours in?  

like I stated above, once we make a big signing, the Kroft and Gore signings look much better.  We needed a veteran center.  Morse is a good one

Just now, Pete said:

like I stated above, once we make a big signing, the Kroft and Gore signings look much better.  We needed a veteran center.  Morse is a good one

I deleted my previous post since you addressed me in the other one :)

And glad youre off the ledge now.  Didnt mean to single you out, but the over the top panic you were throwing around in all kinds of threads and this one was a bit much so early into the "process" lol.  :beer:

24 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Quit being so damn obnoxious.  You think they're just sitting around?  They have said more times than I can count they think you build through the draft and use FA to fill some holes.  They've also said they want to use some cap space to keep some of their guys like White.

One decent OT has been signed by my count and you're acting like a little kid whose Mom doesn't get him the candy on the way out of the store.  Are you holding your breath till you turn blue right now?

I don't see what's particularly obnoxious to wonder about the plan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I deleted my previous post since you addressed me in the other one :)

:beer:And glad youre off the ledge now.  Didnt mean to single you out, but the over the top panic you were throwing around in all kinds of threads and this one was a bit much so early into the "process" lol.  :beer:

:beer: cheers brother.  This helps us go BPA draft too.  Josh is a stud.  If Beane has another solid draft our Bills should make some noise

• Thank you (+1) 1