REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Because McD has a plan and direction he's trying to go in.  The other two were abysmally clueless.  You can't see that?

what is that plan and direction?

build a culture of swell guys?

his plan currently has a losing record, again, why is there so much faith in it?

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Through two years they have the same exact record as Marrone and Ryan.

I don't understand the blind faith in these guys.

especially after the coach says culture is the most important thing and it trumps everything else. 

Neither do I.  I am giving them a chance to let their vision play out.  We have not done that in forever and have paid for it with a bad to mediocre record.

6 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

I like what Sal says here- 

Sal makes a good point, I hope he is correct. But is trading for a big time WR realistic? AB didn’t want to come here and I have a hard time thinking any elite WR would either.

I’m not keen on taking Metcalf at 9, but maybe there isn’t much else Beane can do to bring in an elite WR talent.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Prove to me I am wrong.  They left.  They careers got better (well I guess with exception of Sammy). So it does not invalidate my point that this offense is HISTORICALLY inept at using WRs

Sammy is still dreaming of his 2015 stats, Hogan has been essentially the same - just a small bump in YPC, Goodwin stopped dividing his time between football and the olympics, and Woods definitely seems happy to be back home in LA.

8 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

If AB can ruin JA then JA needs to be release now, because he doesn't have it.

To me it’s simple. It’s easier to blame our offensive short comings on everyone else but Allen (deservedly so). However, once you start putting legit weapons around him, the pressure will be on to show he’s the guy.

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

This offense has only been around one year, completely different coaching staff before then. 

And GM and Team President etc.

The problem the bills have to overcome is the tarnished brand Ralph created and left over the last 20 years...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

To me it’s simple. It’s easier to blame our offensive short comings on everyone else but Allen (deservedly so). However, once you start putting legit weapons around him, the pressure will be on to show he’s the guy.

Now THIS is a reasonable take. Thanks!

:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Prove to me I am wrong.  They left.  They careers got better (well I guess with exception of Sammy). So it does not invalidate my point that this offense is HISTORICALLY inept at using WRs

MAJ, all of them played with Tyrod Taylor as their QB. That should say plenty

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

But by the same token, he'll be given an actual chance to show he's the guy.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

And GM and Team President etc.

The problem the bills have to overcome is the tarnished brand Ralph created and left over the last 20 years...

We need Josh Allen to be a franchise QB, that's all that matters. Look at the Rams and Browns, utter laughing stocks noone wanted to go anywhere near until they got their QB.

My concern is it could be a while before the media actually allows Allen to be seen as a good QB.

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

what is that plan and direction?

build a culture of swell guys?

his plan currently has a losing record, again, why is there so much faith in it?

Getting rid of a bund of high cost players who underperform their contracts (Darius for one) is part of it.  We paid the price for Overdorf's terrible contracts last year.

Nobody said anything about a culture of swell guys, just guys who actually care about football and the team and put it before themselves.

It has been 2 YEARS...at least give them this year with  $80M in cap space and 10 draft picks.

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Sal makes a good point, I hope he is correct. But is trading for a big time WR realistic? AB didn’t want to come here and I have a hard time thinking any elite WR would either.

I’m not keen on taking Metcalf at 9, but maybe there isn’t much else Beane can do to bring in an elite WR talent.

I don't see any reason why a guy like AJ Green or Julio would have a problem coming here.  But guys like AB and Odell are about making themselves bigger than the game and Buffalo is pretty much the hardest place in the league to do that.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

But by the same token, he'll be given an actual chance to show he's the guy.

I’m all for putting weapons around him and seeing what he can do. I believe it will only help his development. If for whatever reason he doesn’t pan out then we move on to the next guy. 

30 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

To be fair, the Super Bowl champions had the 3rd-most rushing attempts per game in the entire league last year, and actually had the most rushing attempts per game in the playoffs.

In the AFC Championship game, they ran the ball 48 times to KC's 12.  In the Super Bowl, they rushed 32 times to LA's 18.

Pass to score, run to win. 

Never gets old. 

37 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yep.  I don't mind a team that runs the ball.  But do it for a reason.  Like if you play say - the cardinals.  Who have the worst rush defense in the NFL.  The strategy should dictate in that game that you can probably just run it to either take a lead or keep a lead.  

But when you're playing a team like KC or the Rams or NE.  The strategy dictates that you need to get first downs, stay on the field, and score points.  Not - get a lead and run it til the games over.  You have to be able to do this to win.

Who is the #1 receiver for NE?

They certainly have players who can step up, but they win because if the game plan calls for a lot of running the ball, the players play their roll sans bitching.

If there is a mismatch, that is what they are going to exploit and egos take a back seat.

Players like AB can cycle thru teams over their career padding their personal stats, but when they are near the end of their career and want a ring, they will step into Belichick's office and say, "I'll be anything your team needs me to be".

One if the reasons NE can attract solid vets that still have a few miles left in the tank.

You don't need prima donna all stars to field a dominant team, just talented players who are well coached, who can execute their roles.

Edited by WideNine