REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I keep hearing Brown was willing to come to Buffalo, it was the contract he is seeking that derailed the trade.  

Not doubting you, but do you have a source? All I've heard is that he told Rosenhaus no dice to Buffalo, period. I would prefer your scenario.

The most legitimate seeming reports right now -- and this seems to validate what Vic Carucci reported -- are that the reason no one has acquired Brown yet is because he's seeking too much money on a new deal.

If it's true he wants $20M a year, then, well...sayonara, Mr Big Chest! 

Edited by Logic

10 hours ago, Doc said:

That was also way before the advent of social media, and especially Twitter. There were many players who wouldn’t play in Buffalo unless top dollar was offered, and those guys you mentioned we’re all at or near the highest paid at their positions at the time of their signing. 

So let me get this straight..............first you said that the Bills weren't active in free agency in the 1990's(when they, in fact, were)............and now you are saying that players in recent years not taking a DISCOUNT to play in Buffalo is proof that players simply don't want to come to this area?:doh:

It's the losing Doc.  

Let me be clear on this because some of you asshats are all over the place. 

If we don’t sign AB, then he’s an aging diva who deserves to lose every game.  Beane is a genius. 

If we do sign AB, then we signed the best receiver in the league, have the cap space, made Allen immediately better.  Beane is a genius. 

What don’t you get?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If we don’t sign AB, then he’s an aging diva who deserves to lose every game.  Beane is a genius. 

If we do sign AB, then we signed the best receiver in the league, have the cap space, made Allen immediately better.  Beane is a genius. 

What don’t you get?

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So let me get this straight..............first you said that the Bills weren't active in free agency in the 1990's(when they, in fact, were)............and now you are saying that players in recent years not taking a DISCOUNT to play in Buffalo is proof that players simply don't want to come to this area?:doh:

It's the losing Doc. 

I never said they weren't active in free agency: I said they didn't sign many of the top FA's.  And those guys were well-compensated.  Just like Mario, you pay them what they want and they will come.

26 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What don’t you get?

That about sums it up.

I can't wait till this saga is over so we can move on to the next overdramatic subject.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

LaCanfora makes no sense, this should not be a surprise to anyone. Beckham's deal is $18M in AAV so what kind of agent would not be in the 18-20M range for Brown? If the Bills or any other team was not willing to give him that kind of number that's perfectly fine, but they had no business even calling Pittsburgh to kick the tires.

Much more likely the sticking point is length of the deal and/or percentage guaranteed. I have to think teams are down with it for 3 years but more than that, I could see teams not being comfortable at his age. And he's spoken publicly about guarantees so could be an issue there

You are going to overpay in Free Agency for a player in most cases....If Brown were an upcoming Free Agent....I am sure he would have easily received this contract over 3 years.  A 3rd and 5th seems like a bargain...Strange unless they dropped the price after our deal fell through …. or the rumors of him refusing to come to Buffalo are true and Beane did his best to cover it up.

Edited by Magnum Force

12 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

I really wonder if his decision had anything to do with Poyer... you’re telling me a 3rd and a 5th plus 2.8 mil more than he was already making was too rich for Buffalo? Gotta be more to the story then we’ve heard

Well there is the side that says he literally said he would not show up to Buffalo...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

That about sums it up.

I can't wait till this saga is over so we can move on to the next overdramatic subject.

You mean when we make a massive offer to Dez Bryant for no reason, then everyone does a 180 & says he's got more potential than Brown anyway since he's 4 months younger?

On 3/8/2019 at 9:12 PM, KD in CA said:

I think you’re confusing service contracts and investments.

I know they are going to go to work until they decide not to. Players are one injury from done. So Warren Buffet doesn’t go to work, he just invests? 

1 hour ago, Magnum Force said:

It's surprising that the Steelers didn't come away with one of the Raiders' 1st round picks.  

Hopefully this is official and we can throw away these Brown threads.

Edited by njbuff

3 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

LaCanfora makes no sense, this should not be a surprise to anyone. Beckham's deal is $18M in AAV so what kind of agent would not be in the 18-20M range for Brown? If the Bills or any other team was not willing to give him that kind of number that's perfectly fine, but they had no business even calling Pittsburgh to kick the tires.

Much more likely the sticking point is length of the deal and/or percentage guaranteed. I have to think teams are down with it for 3 years but more than that, I could see teams not being comfortable at his age. And he's spoken publicly about guarantees so could be an issue there

There were several teams that inquired. The reason is because at the time the teams knew that he may or may not get that money. He’s got a lot of issues to where the risk is there on the guaranteed money. He either plays for someone, or sits out and makes nothing. It only takes one team but it took this long because it was a a very difficult deal to make. Of course they inquired. 

3 hours ago, End The Drought said:

I really wonder if his decision had anything to do with Poyer... you’re telling me a 3rd and a 5th plus 2.8 mil more than he was already making was too rich for Buffalo? Gotta be more to the story then we’ve heard

It’s not 2.8 more. It’s 30 mill more. AB’s former contract wasn’t guaranteed. That’s the crux of the entire thing. And he’s got a ton of issues which bring risk so it adds to the balance of what you are willing to give to and how much you are willing to guarantee. There is a reason he only went for a 3rd/5th.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well, with 2700 replies across 3 separate threads, I’d say this topic has been thoroughly beaten into the ground.

I’m glad it’s over, I’m glad the asshead is not coming to Buffalo.  

Buffalo is, however, going to him.  Check out our 2020 schedule...

https://fbschedules.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/

Anyone for a little Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1