REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - I tend to value your opinion MAJBobby because it differs from that of the majority.  It's not just that though - you also tend to have your opinion rooted in stats/analysis or in things that others may try and turn their eyes away from.  At the same time, on Sundays - you root for the team to win.  I hate people that want to be right so badly that they are willing to root against their own team to prove their point.  I don't think that you think this way. 

You've just been let down for.. however long you have been alive and continue to support the team anyway.  I think the new regime has shown that it has an idea where it stands as a franchise in the NFL, and have gone about trying to rebuild that perception.  Until they do, I entirely support your opinion to have a negative opinion of the front office.  The Bills have burned every one of us... so many times.  They've hired idiots, done things for money purposes only, and have been playing catch-up for like 20 years.  

Appreciate it. 

I wasn't sure about letting Gilmore walk, also wasn't sure about Poyer either, but this regime shown me they new what they were doing on that side of the ball.  They won me over (do I think they overpaid Star - Yep) but for the most part have let that go too.  But in terms of the offense I am not sure that they can build that they way they have built the defense (McD specialty).  And their moves on that side of the ball (with the exception of Allen for the most part) have not dispelled that thinking.  

Example they went and drafted their nice new rookie (everyone knew they would last year) but THEIR choices to surround, develop and protect him are well disgusting to this point.  I am not sure they know what a modern NFL team on offense looks like, and it is this year to prove they do or just like with TT they will dee my fire up the fire McD train.

1 minute ago, MPT said:

I rarely agree with you about football topics, but I totally understand this comment. A lot of people around here simply can not handle criticism. I wish we could have debates without one side resorting to the "you're not a real fan" trope.

I also agree with you that the Bills are probably not at the top of a lot of offensive playmakers' lists due to their own actions (or inactions).

However, I'm still glad he didn't end up here. He might have been a great player for us, but he also could have just been another malcontent. Wasn't worth the risk to me, considering the salary he'd demand. Brown was a sixth round pick-- there's no reason we can't find our own guy in the draft. Let's just hope they do.

I love to discuss things, but the major just wants to bash whatever the irganization does.  Honest debate great!  Mindless negativity just to be negative (or vice versa being honest), no.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

From the top turnbuckle!!

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Breaking the bank for a 31 year old with a Whaley-type long term contract & ton of guaranteed ?, who is one of the least “team oriented” divas we’ve ever seen? Yep, I’ll stick with the process happily as we move forward in FA and the draft. We will be just fine without him, mark it down. But again, they took a shot, can’t be mad at them either way. 

Yes, because we are the only team with cap space. Forgot about that. Gotta find folks to fit that locker room culture. I guess I should check the free agents to see what Carolina receivers are available. And by fine, I assume you mean 7-9, because that seems to be the gold standard at One Bills Drive.

Edited by jkirchofer

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

If I had my druthers I'd have the steelers put him on the pine and let him languish.

They won’t do it.  Too much money to pay a guy to sit and gripe.

Just now, K-9 said:

What good is talent when it has a propensity towards quitting? 

Thats what I thought.

^This + being on the wrong side of 30 + wanting to get more $$ than ODBJ (and possibly Tyreek HIll) = GTFOH

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Appreciate it. 

I wasn't sure about letting Gilmore walk, also wasn't sure about Poyer either, but this regime shown me they new what they were doing on that side of the ball.  They won me over (do I think they overpaid Star - Yep) but for the most part have let that go too.  But in terms of the offense I am not sure that they can build that they way they have built the defense (McD specialty).  And their moves on that side of the ball (with the exception of Allen for the most part) have not dispelled that thinking.  

Example they went and drafted their nice new rookie (everyone knew they would last year) but THEIR choices to surround, develop and protect him are well disgusting to this point.  I am not sure they know what a modern NFL team on offense looks like, and it is this year to prove they do or just like with TT they will dee my fire up the fire McD train.

And to be fair this post argues against my stance thus far.  Actual argument stated well.  

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

They won’t do it.  Too much money to pay a guy to sit and gripe.

yeah but they still have so much money on the books that IMO they should let him hold out till week 10 each year till the numbers come down to the point where they actually save some coin.

I know they won't but I wish they would

Here's the thing.  We have people here blasting the Bills for not doing this trade, yet a number of other teams in the league have backed out as well.  So why is it only our team that's wrong?   It just may be the Bills are smart here, and it's the player that has the problem.  Or his agent.  My guess is Rosenhaus has put into ABs head that by playing this game he'll get released and then can negotiate with anyone.

This post will be largely ignored in this giant thread, but if you follow this story, you will see that the deal fell apart b/c Brown refused to come to Buffalo.

This is a serious problem for this organization and, contrary to popular opinion at this forum, the Bills cannot overcome this simply by throwing around money.  Everyone has money to throw around, and for many, Buffalo is regarded as the worst landing spot in the league.  If not dead last, certainly bottom 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

This post will be largely ignored in this giant thread, but if you follow this story, you will see that the deal fell apart b/c Brown refused to come to Buffalo.

This is a serious problem for this organization and, contrary to popular opinion at this forum, the Bills cannot overcome this simply by throwing around money.  Everyone has money to throw around, and for many, Buffalo is regarded as the worst landing spot in the league.  If not dead last, certainly bottom 3.

WOE IS US. We should just give up now, am i right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

So did this really fall apart because AB refused to play here? If so, that's not great for us. I'm happy the trade didn't happen, but it's yet another reminder that we struggle to bring in quality players when they are given a choice. The fact that AB reportedly said he wouldn't report to the team if traded here is not a great thought.

Edited by ndirish1978

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You might be right, but at 3am in the morning you are certainly not right yet.

Also the guys you idolize must have shown some interest in the guy you villanize. 

I gotta say it's weird seeing so many grown men, I'm assuming you're grown, idolize and fawn over a coach and gm. I know the Bill's haven't been great in those areas, but it's just odd.

I'm right and you know it.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It sounds like Brown is demanding that whoever acquire him also make him the highest paid WR in the league. We have no way of knowing if it was Buffalo's lack of willingness to acquiesce to that deal that ultimately killed the trade, or whether it was Brown's dislike of the city of Buffalo. It's all conjecture based on assumption.

If it WAS simply Brown's dislike of Buffalo that undid the deal, well....Buffalo's image problem isn't new in the NFL. It's been used as a threat against players for years ("Keep messing up and I'll trade you to Buffalo!"). It's always been this way. It hasn't stopped Buffalo from landing some marquee free agents over the years.

Edited by Logic
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Appreciate it. 

The big thing I liked was that they shot their shot and made moves necessary to get out of "QB Purgatory" and get Allen.  They have committed to this kid more than Whaley ever did with EJ, and they'll likely make no excuses if it fails.  They didn't make ill-advised commitments based off of small sample sizes - or extend mediocre flawed QBs.  

They did a real crap job with him in year 1 - no stable vets, lousy WRs, and holes all along the o-line.  I don't think they're going to be able to solve all of those problems in a year, but what encouraged me was how they evolved as the season went along.  They added WRs who fit a new role in Mckenzie and Foster, and cut loose vets that didn't work out.  Hopefully this communication came from Daboll that - we need to beat man coverage more consistently, we need more consistent effort, we need to get more creative, we need to adjust our approach because of the lack of production.  It was refreshing to see after years of guys like Dennison forcing a system on players and watching said system inevitably fail.

Year 2 needs to be a continuation of that evolution:  Using motion to create mismatches, improvements on the o-line to help allen with blitz identification, wide receivers who can separate out of their breaks - and who put in that extra effort to get open when the QB scrambles.  Allen's year 2 step needs to be improving on timing, mechanics, and pocket awareness.  He needs to get a LOT better at the easy stuff.

For Beane though - this shows me he is willing to play aggressively.  He's not afraid to bring in anyone who he thinks could help the team win games.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Hence why it is really important that Josh takes big time strides this year.

However, I do think the weather/city shortcomings are seriously overblown... The facilities, coaches, team culture, camaraderie and the fans are all top notch, and if anyone is making a choice based on anything other than those aspects (aside from $, which we have), then I don't want them on my team anyway!

• Like (+1) 2