Bills re-sign Jordan Phillips

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Glad to hear this.  I was worried about a long term commitment.  He made a few mental mistakes and let himself get carried away against his former team. 

If he can get that under control and put the same performance out there, I’d be happy to go long term with him next season. 

Good, one hole less to fill.

While I'm not 100% sold on the guy, he certainly has ability, and with Kyle retiring, the added continuity he brings, will help.

Probably a 'prove it' type deal, but not necessarily especially 'cheap'. I like how he genuinely seems to want to be in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Glad to hear this.  I was worried about a long term commitment.  He made a few mental mistakes and let himself get carried away against his former team. 

If he can get that under control and put the same performance out there, I’d be happy to go long term with him next season. 

He may have wanted  a 1 year deal on his side too - if his market wasn’t great this time around and he has a big year, could be more lucrative next year

1 minute ago, Buddo said:

Good, one hole less to fill.

While I'm not 100% sold on the guy, he certainly has ability, and with Kyle retiring, the added continuity he brings, will help.

Probably a 'prove it' type deal, but not necessarily especially 'cheap'. I like how he genuinely seems to want to be in Buffalo.

Yes, he’s been really open about that since he got there. Good to see. 

• Like (+1) 3

Love it. He seemed like our pest Defensive Tackle last year. And with Kyle retiring, if we didn't retain Philips we would have had a major hole at position. We still have to add depth here but position looks a lot better with Jordan in the fold. What a great addition he was considering when we got him