Jordan Howard being shopped

Alphadawg7

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bears reportedly shopping Jordan Howard.  

Any interest?  

I’d like to see what they want for him, he’s been pretty productive over his first 3 years and can catch too.  I wouldn’t trade a high pick given the depth of the RBs in the draft, but if we could get him for a day 3 pick, I think it’s worth looking into.

5th round pick?

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

This thread didn’t work out the way you expected, eh?

I don’t follow?  I wasn’t expecting anything, just saw he was available and was curious if anyone else would be interested 

I'd trade for him.  He is an above-average RB.   I keep seeing we need Kamara.  Well, if you could just go out and "find" Kamara, every team would have him.  Plus, the Pats**** do not have Kamara.  They have a bevy of RB's who are able to do different things.  Howard, Shady, and draft-pick is a decently well-rounded backfield, IMO.  

The key to all of this is having a great OL.  

Edited by RyanC883

19 hours ago, Logic said:

Everything Beane and McDermott have said and done point to them wanting to get at least one last good year out of McCoy and Ivory. It seems very clear to me that they will lean on McCoy and Ivory at the running back position this year -- maybe only drafting depth or a role player later in the draft -- and then they'll have a serious youth movement at the position NEXT year at the earliest. 

I believe they take one look at the Bills roster and its littany of needs (2-3 o-linemen, 2 tight ends, 2 WRs, Edge rusher, 3T, Defensive depth) and figure they can get by on another year of McCoy and Ivory. I happen to agree with their assessment that neither guy has yet lost a step. 

For the reasons above, and because of the fact that I can't imagine them wanting to invest serious money in a running back when they already pay quite a bit to McCoy and Ivory, I can't imagine them wanting to have anything to do with Jordan Howard.

If anything, draft a young running back with one of your 5th round picks and call it a day. 

Very little cap impact by releasing Ivory -unsure of dates as he has a roster bonus and a workout bonus.  If you can upgrade that 1B running back position I say go for it.  If you don't have to use draft capital - even better.  RBs usually come cheap.  Once the Bell contract drops - it'll likely be tevin coleman as the next large contract.  

I do think Latavius Murray, CJ Anderson, Jay Ajayi, Mark Ingram and to a lesser extent Alex Collins, Spencer Ware, and TJ Yeldon - are better options at 1B RB than Ivory.  If you had to use 3-5 mil in cap for them vs the ~3 for Ivory, I would do it.

I would like the move for a late round pick. I think you could cut Ivory and trade a 6th for Howard then you have your early down back in Howard (Who is cheaper and younger than Ivory) your uber third down back in Shady, while also drafting a RB in the mid rounds to take over for Shady and add some depth. I wouldn't make the move for anything higher than a 6th as I think this regime has proven to be pretty good at drafting in rounds 5 and higher. 

49 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

He is average.  I would rather take a swing at a draft pick.  The fact he does not fit a modern NFL offense worries me.

He looks slower each year. I agree with the Bills just drafting a guy. For a big guy he doesn’t make his own yards. He takes what’s blocked and he does that painfully slow.

Hard pass.