India v. Pakistan

Paulus

1551295754621.jpg

What sucks is that after CNN picked this up (72hour delay), the real news has been harder to find. 

eird-al-yankovic-tin-foil-hat-160x160.jp

Okay, does this have anything to do with the China trade war? China capitulated after the first terrorist attacks killed 40 Indians, right? I mean, these are how negotiations are won on a geopolitical level. 

Edited by Paulus

When these two countries fight, they really go at it.  Lots of shelling, large tank battles, aerial dogfights and covert operations.  They sorta sneak in all the aspects of a world war in like 48 hours of battle royale before they say "eh" and do a ceasefire.  

IMO, this is a more likely nuclear flashpoint than anywhere else in the world because of that historical pattern of ratcheting up the war real quick.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Huh??  Kind of cloudy here in the OC today.  Well it's been a rainy winter so it's not really serious.  

I'm in San Clemente. Did you look at the ocean, yesterday? Or, the sky, today? 

I have lived next to Camp Pendleton for years now, and this is an increase in activity. Apaches are headed to SD from Irwin, offshore drills at Las Pulgas, whatever the ***** they're doing in the Ocean with the boats and such. 

*That said, perhaps "serious activity" was a streeeeech. 

There is this, too...https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-tv-us-map-targets-vengeance-nuclear-strike-analysts-putin-arms-race/

screen-shot-2019-02-27-at-13-03-28-pm.pn

Edited by Paulus

17 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I'm in San Clemente. Did you look at the ocean, yesterday? Or, the sky, today? 

I have lived next to Camp Pendleton for years now, and this is an increase in activity. Apaches are headed to SD from Irwin, offshore drills at Las Pulgas, whatever the ***** they're doing in the Ocean with the boats and such. 

*That said, perhaps "serious activity" was a streeeeech. 

There is this, too...https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-tv-us-map-targets-vengeance-nuclear-strike-analysts-putin-arms-race/

screen-shot-2019-02-27-at-13-03-28-pm.pn

Crazy.  Within 10 minutes of my reply to your post I get a text saying my flight out of Orange County was canceled!  

We always know when something's coming up because the boys in Pendleton are making lots of noise. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Crazy.  Within 10 minutes of my reply to your post I get a text saying my flight out of Orange County was canceled!  

We always know when something's coming up because the boys in Pendleton are making lots of noise. 

Marines have some battalion-level live-fire exercises going on this week.  They also have one amphibious group coming home - probably today - and one exercising with a carrier group near the So. Cal. Test Range.  Don't know what the Army or Air Force would be doing - Air Force is probably golfing.  Army, if @The_Dude and our new moron are any measure, is probably in coloring-book training.

But two ARGs, a CVBG, and a battalion of artillery is a pretty busy day.  If the Army breaks out the 64 count Crayolas, it could get crazy...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, The_Dude said:

Churchill said this would happen. He said the uncivilized savages would be at each others throats if they were left to their own devices. Churchill knew the kindest fate for all of them was for them to remain subjects of Her Majesties Government. It’s not like the Irish who were obviously civilized. They’d be better off under British oversight. The biggest issue with colonialism was that it didn’t last long enough.  

This could be nothing. But it could also turn into July 1914 quickly. Nobody in Europe in July 1914 thought war imminent. 

Truly prescient considering the country had a long history of conflict between Hindus and Muslims.  If only the Brits in their infinite wisdom could foresee the issues with nation building based on a strategy of "you all look the same to us so be a country and get along.  By the way, the [insert ethnic minority] are our favorites and they're running this show. K bye!"

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Marines have some battalion-level live-fire exercises going on this week.  They also have one amphibious group coming home - probably today - and one exercising with a carrier group near the So. Cal. Test Range.  Don't know what the Army or Air Force would be doing - Air Force is probably golfing.  Army, if @The_Dude and our new moron are any measure, is probably in coloring-book training.

But two ARGs, a CVBG, and a battalion of artillery is a pretty busy day.  If the Army breaks out the 64 count Crayolas, it could get crazy...

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/02/26/army-apache-blackhawk-helicopters-la-hollywood/

giphy.gif

POTUS negotiating with the Chinese/Russians in Vietnam. (Pakistan/India)

Chinese/Russians negotiating with the VPOTUS  in Columbia. (Venezuela)

Kids are being distracted by Cohen on the Television.

*Trudeau hearings for the sissies up north.*

Edited by Paulus

52 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Tom, are you a cripple? I wonder because it would explain a lot. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

We're about 25-30 miles from Pendleton as the crow flies and they often shake our house. It's awesome.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

***** MV.  Up on a ridge in Laguna Niguel with all the rich people.  I clean their toilets. 

You clean the stuff I drink out of, awesome!

Whats worse than cleaning toilets in Corona?

Living there. And, this is factually correct.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Counterpoint: Hal Turner is a mentally deficient little dipshit.

While I would normally agree, sometimes even a blind squirrel can find a nut.

Original tweet was deleted, so no longer appears above:

*fog of war*

Edited by Hedge

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So...things are getting back to normal...

They certainly are, because in the midst of the biggest military escalation in decades between two mortal enemies with nukes, the top 3 trending global topics on Twitter circus are Kardashian related. 

6 minutes ago, GG said:

They certainly are, because in the midst of the biggest military escalation in decades between two mortal enemies with nukes, the top 3 trending global topics on Twitter circus are Kardashian related. 

Have you seen her new hair color yet?

58 minutes ago, GG said:

It'll start trending when one of the Big Seven (WaPo, NYT, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC) reports it's Trump's fault.  

I traveled to India a few dozen times on business between 2006 and 2016. Early on, I befriended an area commander for the Indian Home Guard. He was surprisingly candid about some of the things he discovered as a commander in the Indian military.

At lunch one day, he brought up Pakistan, asking, "Do you know our first move if Pakistan attacks us?" He then put his arms up in surrender. He proceeded to tell me just how bad the corruption was in his country, and the story both fascinated and horrified me at the same time. I always knew that corruption existed there, but I never imagined it could be so widespread and public! Many politicians don't even try to hide it until they're indicted. Even then, if they skimmed enough through the years to bribe the courts, they're never tried.

Giving one of the most egregious examples, he said that years earlier, the Indian military ordered 100 fighter jets from overseas. By the time the money for it passed through the hands of all the politicians, India received TWO planes. I asked him why nobody went public with it, and he said, "Who do you think stole the money? All the people who could have gone public with it. Everyone here is corrupt at some level. Everyone. We have nothing to fight Pakistan with, and that will only become obvious once they destroy us in a very short war."

Of course, that's just one man's story, and who knows his motivation for sharing it. But if even 1/4 of what he told me is true, I fear for India.

Edited by Golden Goat

He’s assuming that Pakistan isn’t equally corrupt. :)  

Civil and political corruption does not equate to military might and capability. In all those, India surpasses Pakistan.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, GG said:

He’s assuming that Pakistan isn’t equally corrupt. :)  

Civil and political corruption does not equate to military might and capability. In all those, India surpasses Pakistan.

No question Pakistan is corrupt, especially way up top. Given how strict they are; however, I'd be surprised if it were as open and widespread as India.

I hope I never find out the answer to the military question in my lifetime.