India v. Pakistan

Paulus

Churchill said this would happen. He said the uncivilized savages would be at each others throats if they were left to their own devices. Churchill knew the kindest fate for all of them was for them to remain subjects of Her Majesties Government. It’s not like the Irish who were obviously civilized. They’d be better off under British oversight. The biggest issue with colonialism was that it didn’t last long enough. 

This could be nothing. But it could also turn into July 1914 quickly. Nobody in Europe in July 1914 thought war imminent. 

Edited by The_Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Churchill said this would happen. He said the uncivilized savages would be at each others throats if they were left to their own devices. Churchill knew the kindest fate for all of them was for them to remain subjects of Her Majesties Government. It’s not like the Irish who were obviously civilized. They’d be better off under British oversight. The biggest issue with colonialism was that it didn’t last long enough. 

This could be nothing. But it could also turn into July 1914 quickly. Nobody in Europe in July 1914 thought war imminent. 

Showing off your knowledge of history again?

Very few people thought Irish were civilized at the time of their war for independence.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Showing off your knowledge of history again?

Very few people thought Irish were civilized at the time of their war for independence.  

15 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Churchill said this would happen. He said the non-white savages would be at each others throats if they were left to their own devices. Churchill knew the kindest fate for all of them was for them to remain subjects of Her Majesties Government. It’s not like the Irish who were obviously white. They’d be better off under British oversight. The biggest issue with colonialism was that it didn’t last long enough. 

Clarified it for you, GG.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Is that a fact-based opinion or on the color of heir skin?

If you want to know if the English aristocracy thought they were better -- sure. But not uncivilized. Sure they'd say so, but Darwinism and all. Further, the attitude of the British are just that, and the Irish had good relations with America, Germany, and many other parts of Europe. 

Just now, DC Tom said:

Clarified it for you, GG.

And was Churchill wrong? Yes or no?

While skin color came into play for Churchill's perspective it does not mine. The British were obviously superior though, they just misdiagnosed the reason. 

Edited by The_Dude

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

If you want to know if the English aristocracy thought they were better -- sure. But not uncivilized. Sure they'd say so, but Darwinism and all. Further, the attitude of the British are just that, and the Irish had good relations with America, Germany, and many other parts of Europe. 

Tell that to Jonathan Swift.   At the turn of the century, only Italians occupied a lower rung than the Irish on the civilization meter.  But hey, they were white, so that counts for something in your book.

Just now, GG said:

Tell that to Jonathan Swift.   At the turn of the century, only Italians occupied a lower rung than the Irish on the civilization meter.  But hey, they were white, so that counts for something in your book.

1. Which century?

2. Where are you getting that?

3. From whos perspective?

4. Not true on the white thing. There are many white savages. 

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

1. Which century?

2. Where are you getting that?

3. From whos perspective?

4. Not true on the white thing. There are many white savages. 

Try reading history and understanding contemporary accounts of the people

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I know I’m going regret this...

But are there any nations comprised of non-white non-savages?  

Many? No. Since you said nations, there aren't many. Most white people are civilized and there's a reason for that -- the gladius and scutum. With the gladius and scutum most whites were introduced to civilized ways. But, I don't hold Russians in a high regard. They're white. But ask me what I think about the Goths, and the Gauls...I wont speak highly of them, and it is their great fortune and to their benefit that Rome pulled them from the darkness. Again, and I'll be very clear, I do not believe in racial superiority. I believe in cultural superiority. 

1 minute ago, GG said:

Try reading history and understanding contemporary accounts of the people

That's what I thought....

Thanks for playing.

Edited by The_Dude

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Many? No. Since you said nations, there aren't many. Most white people are civilized and there's a reason for that -- the gladius and scutum. With the gladius and scutum most whites were introduced to civilized ways. But, I don't hold Russians in a high regard. They're white.

That's what I thought....

Thanks for playing.

Translation - I don't want to do the homework

Just now, Hedge said:

Back to the intent of the thread:

Oh goddamn. 

Seriously, what's China's reaction gonna be if hostilities increase? They've been feuding a bit with India lately and China hates Haj almost as much as me. 

1 minute ago, Hedge said:

We are the news now.

Look for yourself and don't believe him: It's being covered. Border skirmishes between India and Pakistan in Kashmir is not new, so they haven't pre-empted all programming everywhere. 

With the exception of your personal scoop that Pope Francis and the Grand Imam are conspiring to create a single world religion, I haven't seen any scoops that put you in line for the Pulitzer, so I won't be putting a lot of stock in the "we" just yet. 

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Look for yourself and don't believe him: It's being covered. Border skirmishes between India and Pakistan in Kashmir is not new, so they haven't pre-empted all programming everywhere. 

With the exception of your personal scoop that Pope Francis and the Grand Imam are conspiring to create a single world religion, I haven't seen any scoops that put you in line for the Pulitzer, so I won't be putting a lot of stock in the "we" just yet. 

What? 

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

What? 

Hedges believes that the Pope and Grand Imam are conspiring to create One World Religion. It's one of my favorite conspiracy posts here in a long time. 

This is right up your alley man. Can I count you as a supporter of that idea?

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Hedges believes that the Pope and Grand Imam are conspiring to create One World Religion. 

He's right. All you have to do is look at the history of the current Pope's ecumenical spirit, and you'll see that's EXACTLY his goal.

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

A conflict between two nuclear powers is unfolding and I just checked CNN, Fox, Dailywire, BBC, and MSNBC, and they're not covering it yet. Amazing. 

not to minimize what is happening but... these two nations have been fighting each other for an eon or two.

Edited by Foxx

43 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Airstrikes are pretty serious development, though.  Usually they just trade sporadic artillery fire.

47 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

43 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Hedges believes that the Pope and Grand Imam are conspiring to create One World Religion. It's one of my favorite conspiracy posts here in a long time. 

stop being a putz. are you that small that you have to continue something in a different thread? 

oh, wait... i've read your other posts.....

• Haha (+1) 1