2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Bills Meetings so far based on where they're likely to be drafted at this point in time:

Organized by where these players are likely drafted (at the moment at least):

Trade down or #40 pick:
OG/OT Dalton Risner
C Erik McCoy
OT Kaleb McGary

Round 3 or later:
OG Dru Samoa

Guys who also were on Senior Bowl Rosters.

39 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Bills Meetings so far based on where they're likely to be drafted at this point in time:

Organized by where these players are likely drafted (at the moment at least):

For #9 pick:
DT Ed Oliver
DE Brian Burns
DT/DE Rashan Gary
WR DK Metcalf
OT/OG/C Jonah Williams
OT/OG Cody Ford
OT Jawaan Taylor

Trade down or #40 pick:
WR Kelvin Harmon
WR Hollywood Brown
WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside
TE Irv Smith Jr
OG/OT Dalton Risner
C Erik McCoy
OT/OG Bobby Evans
OT Greg Little
OT Kaleb McGary

Round 3 or later:
WR Riley Ridley
TE Isaac Nauta
OG Dru Samia
RB Bryce Love

If we somehome came away with Ed Oliver and Dalton Risner I would be a very happy man. 

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If we somehome came away with Ed Oliver and Dalton Risner I would be a very happy man. 

I was doing what I would consider to be an A+ draft (without trading down) and that was my exact first two picks. Would be ecstatic.

Green, Blue, and Purple = good

The obvious takeaways from here:

-insert eye emoji- Metcalf, Harry, Isabella, and Jennings to an extent

D004qx2WoAAsXTT.png:large

Edited by DCOrange

14 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I was doing what I would consider to be an A+ draft (without trading down) and that was my exact first two picks. Would be ecstatic.

Green, Blue, and Purple = good

The obvious takeaways from here:

-insert eye emoji- Metcalf, Harry, Isabella, and Jennings to an extent

D004qx2WoAAsXTT.png:large

I might be in the minority here, but I really don't like the wide reciever class. Metcalf and Harry are interesting, I wouldn't touch either in the top ten. I hope we just go BPA. 

• Like (+1) 1

Right Now Mock Wise I would go:

Rd 1:  Metcalf if he makes it to 9

Rd 2:  Chris Lindstrom

My alternate would be:

Rd 1: Ed Oliver

Rd 2:  Chris Lindstrom or Dalton Risner

BUT if Metcalf can help push a guy like Allen down the board to #9 I'd go

Rd 1:  Josh Allen

Rd 2:  Chris Lindstrom; Dalton Risner

Rd 2 wouldn't change.  I think building the line from the inside out is a good way to go.

• Like (+1) 1

For the record

Would not be opposed to a stud LB IF the bills thought he was special.

Still on the trade down train.......I feel like good players are going to be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft

IF we go defense in the 1st......we better have a free agency plan to fix this offense

We have the resources for all of this......now they gotta execute

4 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Bush projects as a WIL so I feel he goes Day 2.  He'll of a football player but most teams have greater needs on Day 1  

Makes sense. I’m assuming D Bush has issues with sifting through traffic and getting off blocks? Admittedly, I only watched one Michigan game this year, and wasn’t keying in on LBer play. 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, DCOrange said:

The Tampa Bay Bucs website that has tremendous sourcing within the organization is already referring to White as “Bucs LB Devin White” so I don’t think he’s gonna be available at 8 lol

I would be disappointed if we go WR. We must get multiple guys over 270 lbs. OL(DL as well) is the engine of the car. Metcalf won't be as much of a factor  w/o the O able to protect. Josh will be running for his life. And we should stop picking up linemen that other teams don't want. At some point we must secure the line(s) so the skill guys can perform. Just my opinion but a WR is targeted 10-12 times a game, or less,  where linemen are keys to majority of plays. PLEASE GM. OL and pass rushers---> not cast-offs and 5th round picks. 

4 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

Right Now Mock Wise I would go:

Rd 1:  Metcalf if he makes it to 9

Rd 2:  Chris Lindstrom

I like these as the Bills first two picks...

I like OL with the second pick if they don't trade down ( first if they do...), however we need to see what they do in FA first...depending who they do/don't pick up then Risner & Bradbury are also in play...

Another point - I'm betting regardless of who Beane wants, he is pulling the trigger early and moving up.. possibly to around the mid to late 20's to get him..

48 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I like these as the Bills first two picks...

I like OL with the second pick if they don't trade down ( first if they do...), however we need to see what they do in FA first...depending who they do/don't pick up then Risner & Bradbury are also in play...

Another point - I'm betting regardless of who Beane wants, he is pulling the trigger early and moving up.. possibly to around the mid to late 20's to get him..

My dream draft would be

1. Metcalf

2.  Lindstrom or Risner

3. Tillery

4.  Benny Snell or Darrell Henderson

With Free Agent additions at RT, C, TE, pass rusher.  

45 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would not rule out Christian Wilkins at 9.  He is worth that pick, in my opinion.  Of course, there are other players worthy of that pick as well, but Wilkins could be BPA on their board at 9.

I agree. I think if Jawaan Taylor is there it could be the pick otherwise Oliver or Wilkins. 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would not rule out Christian Wilkins at 9.  He is worth that pick, in my opinion.  Of course, there are other players worthy of that pick as well, but Wilkins could be BPA on their board at 9.

Wilkins should most certainly be in play at 9.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021009/article/2019-nfl-scouting-combine-team-top-offensive-prospects

2019 NFL Scouting Combine Team: Top offensive prospects

With the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine wrapping up on Monday, NFL.com draft analyst Chad Reuter identified his top standouts from the event at each position for his All-Combine Team, beginning with the offense. This team goes deeper than a starting lineup would allow at certain positions -- like RB and TE, defensive line and in the secondary -- to mirror the league's move toward the heavy use of rotations, and the nickelback, in those areas.

Selections noted as good team fits for Bills:

WR DK Metcalf

TE Fant and Hockenson

LG Mike Jordan

OT Kaleb McGary

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri: The Matthew Stafford-like passer continues to win the postseason process. Lock ran faster than anticipated (4.69-second 40-yard dash) and dazzled scouts with his A+ arm talent. He throws deep with ease and flashes the ability to take a little steam off his passes for increased accuracy. With his outstanding upside, Lock could sneak into the conversation as a top-10 pick despite his inconsistent production at Missouri.

my favorite takeaway from this article

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020526/article/2019-nfl-scouting-combine-winnerslosers-dk-metcalf-is-rare

Edited by Pete

so if Bosa, Quinnen, Kyler, Haskins, DK, Lock and Josh Allen all go top 9-that leaves Gary, Greedy, Oliver, Devin White, Taylor, Swift, Dillon, Fant, Burns, Bradbury, Ford, Hockenson, Williams available.  The Bills must trade down if that plays out IMO!   That's 13 players that will be starters.  We could trade down 10 spots and still get a great player, and more draft compensation.  No-brainer if you ask me

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

so if Bosa, Quinnen, Kyler, Haskins, DK, Lock and Josh Allen all go top 9-that leaves Gary, Greedy, Oliver, Devin White, Taylor Swift, Dillon, Fant, Burns, Bradbury, Ford, Hockenson, Williams available.  The Bills must trade down if that plays out IMO!   That's 13 players that will be starters.  We could trade down 10 spots and still get a great player, and more draft compensation.  No-brainer if you ask me

How was her 40 time?

On 3/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, SWATeam said:

You might want to check Tremaine's 2016 and 2017 stats.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:37 PM, thebandit27 said:

30+ TFLs and 10 sacks in 26 games constitutes not making plays?

Because those were Edmunds' stats.

That's actually pretty great for a 19 year old 

On 3/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, Jay_Fixit said:

This is quite incorrect.

Ah yes, a bunch of "I googled the stats so I am right guys".

It was well known that Tremaine often relied on athleticism and not instincts in college. Just like in the NFL, he was late to plays and made up for it with speed. Just like in the NFL, misdirection plays fooled him quite a bit. I liked his growth but he's got a lot to work on still.

I also don't understand the age point, of course they are young, it's college football???

The year is 2019, it's okay to criticize players on the team even if they had a decent year and are a nice guy.

Edited by Elite Poster

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

Ah yes, a bunch of "I googled the stats so I am right guys".

It was well known that Tremaine often relied on athleticism and not instincts in college. Just like in the NFL, he was late to plays and made up for it with speed. Just like in the NFL, misdirection plays fooled him quite a bit. I liked his growth but he's got a lot to work on still.

I also don't understand the age point, of course they are young, it's college football???

The year is 2019, it's okay to criticize players on the team even if they had a decent year and are a nice guy.

You clearly don't pay attention if you think that (a) I don't criticize Bills' players or draft picks and (b) I don't watch these kids in college.

You made a dubious claim and got called on it. No need to double down by making yourself look worse