Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why domyounthink Kraft wants a jury trial. I'm truly curious as to why you thinks so.  Hit me...

Wtf do I care?  It isn't remotely plausible that he didn't commit an illegal act.  Your obsessive fandom has blurred your vision.  I'm sure his billion dollar legal team can find a loophole or dupe a jury.  Whoop de friggin do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Wtf do I care?  It isn't remotely plausible that he didn't commit an illegal act.  Your obsessive fandom has blurred your vision.  I'm sure his billion dollar legal team can find a loophole or dupe a jury.  Whoop de friggin do.

there it is...

25 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

People with money very rarely get convicted. In our legal system, money talks more than justice. It is what it is. Kraft has a PR problem, but not a single criminal concern.

I'm confused.  I thought she was the manager.

35 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Huh?  Are you saying he didn't do anything illegal or just that he'll get another happy ending at trial or both?

I doubt even he really thinks that Bobby wasn't doing anything illegal.

Kraft was going to a rub and tug - this is illegal.   He didn't just stumble in there unawares.  He was a frequent flier.  

Maybe he does have a conscious and that's why he asked for the 50 year old .....   easier to explain to any hottie he may have to drag around to public events.  

The prostitution case against Patriots owner Robert Kraft linked to a Florida sex-trafficking ring could be a long shot for prosecutors — partly because the women he was caught on video with are the 45-year-old spa manager and a 58-year-old licensed masseuse, according to legal experts.

Wang, identified by police as the manager of the massage parlor nicknamed “Lulu,” was arrested and faces charges of maintaining a house of ill fame and deriving profits from prostitution. Mingbi, an employee of the spa, has not been arrested or charged and is believed to be cooperating with authorities. Kraft was seen tipping them $100 each before leaving.

9 hours ago, Doc said:

I doubt even he really thinks that Bobby wasn't doing anything illegal.

You would be wrong as always...

You can't wrap your head around the discussion of how he's planning his legal defense and come at the prosecutions evidence.  It's exactly what you and your lawyers would do.  It's pretty straightforward.

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Closer to home   -- Bills fans can line the steps to the court house with *****'s 

fake man pieces ......  darn filter 

i'd rather they go to their job and take care of their kids

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You would be wrong as always...

You can't wrap your head around the discussion of how he's planning his legal defense and come at the prosecutions evidence.  It's exactly what you and your lawyers would do.  It's pretty straightforward.

LOL!  If you're claiming he didn't do anything illegal, you're a bigger joke than I thought.

And I guess we won't have to hear any guffawing from you in the future about a Bills player getting in trouble with the law or the legal defense mounted for him.  So that's something.

• Like (+1) 1

I always love when rich/famous people do this. They are caught doing something illegal where theres pretty good proof they actually did what they have been accused of, but because they have money for the best legal teams, they will go to court and fight it based on some loophole or minor thing that they can find to get the case thrown out (or just threaten to drag things out to the point where it's not economically feasible for the other side to continue fighting it and they drop it).

His legal team will probably go to court and fight it based on the video somehow being illegal and cant be used as evidence, or that he was actually dating the woman whole did things to him and he was not paying for the sex act. Maybe he will also say that he never gave them permission to fo the act and because of his age he was unable to refuse them doing the act and that he was sexually assaulted? Most people would just accept the deal they offered, take the slap on the wrist and walk away, but when you have money sometimes you decide to waste some of it along with time and try to get out of trouble in a harder way

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  If you're claiming he didn't do anything illegal, you're a bigger joke than I thought.

And I guess we won't have to hear any guffawing from you in the future about a Bills player getting in trouble with the law or the legal defense mounted for him.  So that's something.

You don't read so good.

What he did is illegal.  Again, I'm discussing his legal defense.  I'm not sure how to help you figure out this conversation at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I always love when rich/famous people do this. They are caught doing something illegal where theres pretty good proof they actually did what they have been accused of, but because they have money for the best legal teams, they will go to court and fight it based on some loophole or minor thing that they can find to get the case thrown out (or just threaten to drag things out to the point where it's not economically feasible for the other side to continue fighting it and they drop it).

His legal team will probably go to court and fight it based on the video somehow being illegal and cant be used as evidence, or that he was actually dating the woman whole did things to him and he was not paying for the sex act. Maybe he will also say that he never gave them permission to fo the act and because of his age he was unable to refuse them doing the act and that he was sexually assaulted? Most people would just accept the deal they offered, take the slap on the wrist and walk away, but when you have money sometimes you decide to waste some of it along with time and try to get out of trouble in a harder way

Really??  On what planet does the perp say, "I know I could probably get off on a technicality where all the evidence against me gets tossed......but I'm just going to plead guilty anyway!"?

What I don't understand is why so many here would pretend that they would, if they were caught, mount no defense and just confess and plead guilty.  Especially when the DA has telegraphed to you that their evidence is shaky enough that they are willing to offer a deal where they won't even charge you with a crime!   ("Just pretend you would have been found guilty in court"!)

It doesn't take a lot of money or a legal dream team to figure out what to do for the perps picked up in this sting. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

come on ---  

Who will have reasonable doubt when the video of him getting yanked around is shown in court?  

In an article in WSJ it seems as the defense will look to get video thrown out.  The request to judge was to monitor and record while the warrant allowed monitor.  Good enough to succeed - who knows.  I do know he will hire good lawyers to fight on his behalf.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:31 PM, Bills Survivor said:

Yea she's like a third of his age, the dude is a creep.  Kraft mac n' cheese sucks, his team are renowned cheating scoundrels, and he's buddies with the belligerent fool they trot  around to distract the liberals and corral poor white conservative support while GOP cronies continue to kraft policy redirecting wealth to the ultra-rich.  I rarely wish ill on anybody but this guy would certainly meet the exception. 

Big fan, are you?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i'd rather they go to their job and take care of their kids

they can do it on their lunch hour.....     

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

In an article in WSJ it seems as the defense will look to get video thrown out.  The request to judge was to monitor and record while the warrant allowed monitor.  Good enough to succeed - who knows.  I do know he will hire good lawyers to fight on his behalf.

how else would you monitor??    Have someone working on the inside? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

come on ---  

Who will have reasonable doubt when the video of him getting yanked around is shown in court?  

He's not charged with getting yanked.  He's charged with soliciting them to yank him for money.

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Really??  On what planet does the perp say, "I know I could probably get off on a technicality where all the evidence against me gets tossed......but I'm just going to plead guilty anyway!"?

What I don't understand is why so many here would pretend that they would, if they were caught, mount no defense and just confess and plead guilty.  Especially when the DA has telegraphed to you that their evidence is shaky enough that they are willing to offer a deal where they won't even charge you with a crime!   ("Just pretend you would have been found guilty in court"!)

It doesn't take a lot of money or a legal dream team to figure out what to do for the perps picked up in this sting. 

Everyone’s moral outrage is laughable. Why isn’t there any discussion of the other 199 johns? Oh that’s right, they don’t own the Patriots., No one cares about the victims, they just want Kraft burned at the stake for something half of them have done.

2 minutes ago, iinii said:

Everyone’s moral outrage is laughable. Why isn’t there any discussion of the other 199 johns? Oh that’s right, they don’t own the Patriots., No one cares about the victims, they just want Kraft burned at the stake for something half of them have done.

It's just the overall cluelessness of how this would go for any of those guys---like Kraft has some magical lawyers that will bamboozle the DA and his sink his otherwise open and shut case.

Staring at that conviction and that evidence, all of these poster would certainly just "plead guilty"!

I think some may just be disingenuous, but the rest are that clueless.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

It's just the overall cluelessness of how this would go for any of those guys---like Kraft has some magical lawyers that will bamboozle the DA and his sink his otherwise open and shut case.

Staring at that conviction and that evidence, all of these poster would certainly just "plead guilty"!

I think some may just be disingenuous, but the rest are that clueless.

Agreed 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's not charged with getting yanked.  He's charged with soliciting them to yank him for money.

I believe a John would have to order the "special" to get the yank.    

Otherwise every customer would get the treatment.   

ordering the special is the solicitation   ....  

I'm not a lawyer but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night 

1 hour ago, iinii said:

I don't think there's a lot of moral outrage.  It's more that it makes Kraft look like a pathetic old creep.  The idea of a 77-year old billionaire having to get his jollies at a low-rent rub joint makes the guy a laughing stock, more than anything.  That's the part of this incident that Kraft can never live down, whether he beats the rap in court or not. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Most people dont have high priced lawyers who will be able to drag this through the courts and have video evidence of them actually committing the act thrown out and walk away completely free. 

Were they willing to offer the deal because they know their evidence us week and wouldnt stand up in court, or were they offering it so they could avoid having +/- 200 court cases for John's busted on basic prostitution charges? The sting was to bust up a self trafficking ring, the prostitution charges are just extras. Even if it went to court, as long as none of them were already registered sex offenders/had previous criminal convictions or other charges, they probably would end up with a fine and some community service. So basically they are offering these guys a plea deal to forgo taking it to trial.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, iinii said:

Because no one knows who the other 199 John's are, and this is a football board where the most famous person in this bust is the owner of a football team. Why is no one talking about the other people caught up in the current college entrance scam other then the 2 actresses? I doubt it's because they have hatred for Netflix and Fuller House, but it's because they are the ones who are well known....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You don't read so good.

What he did is illegal.  Again, I'm discussing his legal defense.  I'm not sure how to help you figure out this conversation at this point.

Oh, the hypocrisy!  No, I read fine.  I said "even [you don't] think that Kraft didn't do anything illegal" to which you said "wrong again as usual."

Whatever, glad we cleared that up and obviously his team is going to spin it to make it not look like what it was.  There's no secret in that newsbreaker.

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Most people dont have high priced lawyers who will be able to drag this through the courts and have video evidence of them actually committing the act thrown out and walk away completely free. 

Were they willing to offer the deal because they know their evidence us week and wouldnt stand up in court, or were they offering it so they could avoid having +/- 200 court cases for John's busted on basic prostitution charges? The sting was to bust up a self trafficking ring, the prostitution charges are just extras. Even if it went to court, as long as none of them were already registered sex offenders/had previous criminal convictions or other charges, they probably would end up with a fine and some community service. So basically they are offering these guys a plea deal to forgo taking it to trial.

Yet to date, No one has been charged with human trafficking.

When the DA decides to prosecute, the accused's right is to have his/her day in court.  You understand that, right?  The DA will drop the charges (as in this case) or offer a plea to a reduced sentence to avoid trial.  In this country, a defendant is entitled to refuse any plea (or "nonplea") deal offered.  Defendants don't "drag [the DA] through the courts" (LOL, WTF are you talking about??).

It wouldn't take "high priced lawyers" for you to better understand the system.  Just more education.

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh, the hypocrisy!  No, I read fine.  I said "even [you don't] think that Kraft didn't do anything illegal" to which you said "wrong again as usual."

Whatever, glad we cleared that up and obviously his team is going to spin it to make it not look like what it was.  There's no secret in that newsbreaker.

"Spin"?  It's called mounting a defense.  It's what the PD would do as well for an indigent client if he/she thought the evidence was as shaky as the DA seems to think it is.

Would you have your attorney accept a deal that doesn't charge you with a crime, but forces you to admit not guilt, but that you would have been found guilty of a crime in court (even though it might be clear by the DA's own behavior that that might not be likely)?  Would you keep paying a lawyer who said "I think you're guilty, so just admit it".  IS there such a lawyer??

Of course you wouldn't!  So just admit it and move on.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Spin"?  It's called mounting a defense.  It's what the PD would do as well for an indigent client if he/she thought the evidence was as shaky as the DA seems to think it is.

Would you have your attorney accept a deal that doesn't charge you with a crime, but forces you to admit not guilt, but that you would have been found guilty of a crime in court (even though it might be clear by the DA's own behavior that that might not be likely)?  Would you keep paying a lawyer who said "I think you're guilty, so just admit it".  IS there such a lawyer??

Of course you wouldn't!  So just admit it and move on.

My bad.  It's "spin" when it's someone on the Bills but "mounting a defense" when it's someone on the Cheaters.  The fact of the matter is that no matter what you call it, it's trying to get out of legal trouble because you have money and everyone does it.  If you don't see your own hypocrisy, don't worry, I can continue to keep pointing it out to you.

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

My bad.  It's "spin" when it's someone on the Bills but "mounting a defense" when it's someone on the Cheaters.  The fact of the matter is that no matter what you call it, it's trying to get out of legal trouble because you have money and everyone does it.  If you don't see your own hypocrisy, don't worry, I can continue to keep pointing it out to you.

Yes!  Only rich people DARE to to challenge charges against them.  Poor people simply accept the prosecutor's charge!

You see, it always comes down, in its essence, to a simple question---which you can never answer.  Rather I should say,  you choose not to answer.

Rich man, poor man---they all will seek to escape conviction whether they are truly guilty or not.  This is so fundamentally true that it otherwise is never even questioned---except those stuck in a hopeless line of reasoning that forces them to attack the messenger, rather than accept the inevitable truth of the message.

Come on doc....you can do it.  Answer the simple question I asked you.