Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yet to date, No one has been charged with human trafficking.

When the DA decides to prosecute, the accused's right is to have his/her day in court.  You understand that, right?  The DA will drop the charges (as in this case) or offer a plea to a reduced sentence to avoid trial.  In this country, a defendant is entitled to refuse any plea (or "nonplea") deal offered.  Defendants don't "drag [the DA] through the courts" (LOL, WTF are you talking about??).

It wouldn't take "high priced lawyers" for you to better understand the system.  Just more education.

So there is supposed to be video evidence showing Kraft, and others, being 'serviced' in this establishment. Charges have been laid for solicitation against him and others. Yes, everyone has the opportunity to have their day in court when charged with a crime. The DA can offer plea deals in cases to allow someone to admit guilt to a charge and save having to go to court, taking a reduced sentence for admitting guilt and not going to a trial. In this case, because solicitation isnt a major crime, they offered those charged the chance to skip going to trial.

Now, having a really good lawyer (the better ones are not cheap) can help to find loopholes or ways they can try to fight in court, even something where there is video evidence of the crime being committed. 

Theis kind of charge is something that in most cases where the person doesnt have any priors against them, ends up with  community service, fines, and in some cases a bit of jail time. They 'drag this through the courts' by fighting  such a small charge hoping to get it thrown out based on some loophole/technicality instead of paying a fine and community service.

Most people dont have the money like Kraft for lawyers to fight a charge like this instead of just taking a plea deal because they have video of them committing the crime.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So there is supposed to be video evidence showing Kraft, and others, being 'serviced' in this establishment. Charges have been laid for solicitation against him and others. Yes, everyone has the opportunity to have their day in court when charged with a crime. The DA can offer plea deals in cases to allow someone to admit guilt to a charge and save having to go to court, taking a reduced sentence for admitting guilt and not going to a trial. In this case, because solicitation isnt a major crime, they offered those charged the chance to skip going to trial.

Now, having a really good lawyer (the better ones are not cheap) can help to find loopholes or ways they can try to fight in court, even something where there is video evidence of the crime being committed. 

Theis kind of charge is something that in most cases where the person doesnt have any priors against them, ends up with  community service, fines, and in some cases a bit of jail time. They 'drag this through the courts' by fighting  such a small charge hoping to get it thrown out based on some loophole/technicality instead of paying a fine and community service.

Most people dont have the money like Kraft for lawyers to fight a charge like this instead of just taking a plea deal because they have video of them committing the crime.

WEO knows all this.  But again it's funny to see him contort himself trying to proffer a defense for Bobby whereas if this were a Bills player, he'd have them doing hard time already. 

Speaking of which, I'll bet ol' Bobby would rather have been taped stomping some crooked cop or being falsely accused of assault and robbery by a gold-digger than having film circulating of some handsome woman rolling his Boblet between her fingers like a joint.

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Court of Public Appeals (Opinion) has already been decided.

Bob Kraft is an idiot for going to the spa to get serviced.   

We Patriots fans feel the same way. He could have hopped on any of his jets and gone to Nevada. Most Bills' fans are actually more logical about this whole thing than fans from other teams. Other sites are "outraged" and feel he should be forced to sell. They still believe the human trafficking angle... 

Kraft was charged with 2 misdemeanors. Irsay (Colts) was charged with felonies related to a DWI, having hundreds of Oxy pills in his car, and $29K in cash in several paper bags. He was placed in cuffs and transported to the clink. Oh yeah, let's not forget about the dead woman found in his condo... Irsay got a 6 game suspension and a $500K fine. What Kraft did was far less serious. In fact, it wasn't serious at all...

53 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Again (and again and again),  a public defender could as easily call into question the admissibility of the tape and the traffic stop.  In fact, newspapers all over the country were posting stories within ONE WEEK of his arrest citing legal experts who immediately mentioned their doubts about that evidence.  Why do you keep insisting that it must take a rich man's army to call into the question the admissibility of that evidence?  Maybe Kraft's lawyers were just reading the New York Post late that week, like I was, and got the idea form the sources the NYP quoted.

And yes, this type of charge doesn't even really need a plea deal for a first time offender to get pretrial intervention/class, community service and a fine, as well as the conviction on his record.

But the DA didn't offer this.  He offered to not even charge Kraft with any crime at all....if Kraft would pay the same penalty---AND if he would admit that he would have been convicted at trial.  24 other johns busted in this case were also offered this deal.  None of them took the deal either.  In fact a lawyer representing several of them (some are professionals, some are immigrants) called the offer highly unusual.  Many lawyers have cited 4th Amendment concerns over the video.

So again, this is not about money in this case.  It's about how the DA and the Sheriff may have bungled a slam dunk case against human trafficking--a case in  which they haven't charged anyone with that crime yet.

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

WEO knows all this.  But again it's funny to see him contort himself trying to proffer a defense for Bobby whereas if this were a Bills player, he'd have them doing hard time already. 

Speaking of which, I'll bet ol' Bobby would rather have been taped stomping some crooked cop or being falsely accused of assault and robbery by a gold-digger than having film circulating of some handsome woman rolling his Boblet between her fingers like a joint.

So when I answered yes , I think he's guilty....that, to you, is defending him?  I've only described the potential defense his lawyers have (and every lawyer quoted in any article about this case has) laid out.  

Logic easily escapes you doc.  In fact, it avoids you.  It runs the other way--never to even be bothered by you.

Just answer my question doc...

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

So when I answered yes , I think he's guilty....that, to you, is defending him?  I've only described the potential defense his lawyers have (and every lawyer quoted in any article about this case has) laid out.  

Logic easily escapes you doc.  In fact, it avoids you.  It runs the other way--never to even be bothered by you.

Just answer my question doc...

I answered your question long ago weo.  It was in the post to which you snarkily replied "wrong again as usual."  You know, the one where I said even you don't think Bobby didn't do anything illegal (I know there was a double negative in there, so what I meant to say is "even you think he's guilty").

No I meant offering defenses for Bobby...because you want to see him (ahem) get off on a technicality.  So what if you say he's guilty?  You also thought Shady was guilty.  How many posts did you create laying out his defense?  Instead you'd have had him plead to the highest charge right off the bat.

You see, there is no "logic" when it comes to the blindfolded-dartboard reasons that cause you to like a person or not.  It seems that if a person is a Buffalo Bill, you immediately don't like him, which is a very odd position to take for a Bills fan.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yup, typical arrogant know it all who has to throw insults as part of his arguments against you because if your not in full agreement with his opinion, your a drooling moron who knows nothing.......

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yup, typical arrogant know it all who has to throw insults as part of his arguments against you because if your not in full agreement with his opinion, your a drooling moron who knows nothing.......

And that's why I say "opinions are like..."

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

I answered your question long ago weo.  It was in the post to which you snarkily replied "wrong again as usual."  You know, the one where I said even you don't think Bobby didn't do anything illegal (I know there was a double negative in there, so what I meant to say is "even you think he's guilty").

No I meant offering defenses for Bobby...because you want to see him (ahem) get off on a technicality.  So what if you say he's guilty?  You also thought Shady was guilty.  How many posts did you create laying out his defense?  Instead you'd have had him plead to the highest charge right off the bat.

You see, there is no "logic" when it comes to the blindfolded-dartboard reasons that cause you to like a person or not.  It seems that if a person is a Buffalo Bill, you immediately don't like him, which is a very odd position to take for a Bills fan.

Do tiur answer is “yes, of course I would do exactly as Kraft is doing regarding these charges against him.  Any sane person would”

see? That wasn’t hard. 

And you continue with this childish like/dislike sidebar.  And mischaracterizing describing well published legal opinions as “defending Kraft”. 

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

We Patriots fans feel the same way. He could have hopped on any of his jets and gone to Nevada. Most Bills' fans are actually more logical about this whole thing than fans from other teams. Other sites are "outraged" and feel he should be forced to sell. They still believe the human trafficking angle... 

Kraft was charged with 2 misdemeanors. Irsay (Colts) was charged with felonies related to a DWI, having hundreds of Oxy pills in his car, and $29K in cash in several paper bags. He was placed in cuffs and transported to the clink. Oh yeah, let's not forget about the dead woman found in his condo... Irsay got a 6 game suspension and a $500K fine. What Kraft did was far less serious. In fact, it wasn't serious at all...

Kraft is an idiot for doing what he did.  I agree his alleged crime is not all that serious.  

I do not share the opinion of the other Pats fan in this thread that because there have been no trafficking charges that no trafficking occured. To be clear, to me, there is zero reason to believe Kraft participated in the trafficking.  But assuming that it would be easy for law enforcement to prove trafficking when the women involved can't speak English and likely fear for their families in China is ridiculous.  That job was always going to be difficult.  Did they take the wrong approach?  Probably.  Does that make what Kraft did legal?  No.  At least one person thinks everything is fine because the whacker offer was a manager.  That's just weird.

I will say that I find it really strange that multiple billionaires were going to the same run down strip mall for sexual favors.  Personally I also find it disappointing if nothing is being done behind the scenes by the johns to at least try to assist in the larger matter.  Maybe it is being done.  I realize that they are not obliged to help but the women are human and if this is their plight I'd find it unconscionable for these johns to ignore it.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do tiur answer is “yes, of course I would do exactly as Kraft is doing regarding these charges against him.  Any sane person would”

see? That wasn’t hard. 

And you continue with this childish like/dislike sidebar.  And mischaracterizing describing well published legal opinions as “defending Kraft”. 

Again, oh the hypocrisy!  The difference between you and me is that while I dislike Kraft, he was caught engaging in illegal activity and he should admit it but get a slap on the wrist.  You're still raw that Shady didn't get nailed for the Philly cop thing or the alleged burglary and assault you think he orchestratedm despite evidence to the contrary or no evidence. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, oh the hypocrisy!  The difference between you and me is that while I dislike Kraft, he was caught engaging in illegal activity and he should admit it but get a slap on the wrist.  You're still raw that Shady didn't get nailed for the Philly cop thing or the alleged burglary and assault you think he orchestratedm despite evidence to the contrary or no evidence. 

Oh I don't care at all about mcCoy---he is just a vehicle for my pleasure in making you contort yourself into a pretzel.  You're the one who is forever ass-burned that I felt he was guilty of stomping the cop.  (why didn't he just admit it! or roughing up and tossing out that woman from the party bus!).   Sounds silly, right?  Just admit it.  Got it.

And your take on Kraft is so phony because you would do the same thing he and the other johns are doing.  What does it tell you about which party feels fine with going to trial whereas the other would rather not?   That would lead you, too, to choose the possibility of being found not guilty and paying no penalty.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh I don't care at all about mcCoy---he is just a vehicle for my pleasure in making you contort yourself into a pretzel.  You're the one who is forever ass-burned that I felt he was guilty of stomping the cop.  (why didn't he just admit it! or roughing up and tossing out that woman from the party bus!).   Sounds silly, right?  Just admit it.  Got it.

And your take on Kraft is so phony because you would do the same thing he and the other johns are doing.  What does it tell you about which party feels fine with going to trial whereas the other would rather not?   That would lead you, too, to choose the possibility of being found not guilty and paying no penalty.

Plus she was a manager!

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

We all know who contorted themselves on McCoy WEO, considering he didn't face any charges for the cop thing or the robbery and battery (roughing up the woman on the party bus?  LOL!  OK), like I said he wouldn't.  I'm sure it started out as entertainment for you, but it certainly didn't end that way.  But Bobby's entertainment will live on forever, once that tape comes out.

And yeah, obviously everyone would do what he's doing.  Just like anyone charged with doing something illegal would do what they could to get out of it.  That's not some revelation.  But where's your sense of fairness there?  Illegal is illegal.  Or does the law only apply to some?  Or maybe merely allegations are good enough for you whereas video evidence is worthless?  I don't know.  You've got some set of double standards.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

We all know who contorted themselves on McCoy WEO, considering he didn't face any charges for the cop thing or the robbery and battery (roughing up the woman on the party bus?  LOL!  OK), like I said he wouldn't.  I'm sure it started out as entertainment for you, but it certainly didn't end that way.  But Bobby's entertainment will live on forever, once that tape comes out.

And yeah, obviously everyone would do what he's doing.  Just like anyone charged with doing something illegal would do what they could to get out of it.  That's not some revelation.  But where's your sense of fairness there?  Illegal is illegal.  Or does the law only apply to some?  Or maybe merely allegations are good enough for you whereas video evidence is worthless?  I don't know.  You've got some set of double standards.

You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble stating that after I first asked.

Yes, illegal is illegal and he committed an illegal act.  I'm not sure why you keep asking me that.  That's not what has been the topic here. It's the bolded part above.  Stop pretending to not understand what is being discussed--disingenuity is your forte, though.

Didn't face any charges?  Well that's exactly the offer in front of Kraft now, isn't it? No charge.  Good point.  Wow.

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Plus she was a manager!

When you are Robert Kenneth Kraft, you don't get the sex slaves.  You get the top pro in the building.

12 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

Good post 

seriously funny though 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

When you are Robert Kenneth Kraft, you don't get the sex slaves.  You get the top pro in the building.

Because no one having the title "manager" has ever been coerced into anything or under duress of any type.  I hope this incident didn't ruin her chances at being the next Microsoft CEO.  I'd think maybe Kraft could use some of his pull to help her out but he will probably mostly be pulling himself at this point.

Edited by 4merper4mer

51 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Because no one having the title "manager" has ever been coerced into anything or under duress of any type.  I hope this incident didn't ruin her chances at being the next Microsoft CEO.  I'd think maybe Kraft could use some of his pull to help her out but he will probably mostly be pulling himself at this point.

Good point.  Ben Franklin "coerced" her into handling the tiniest patriot.

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Kraft is an idiot for doing what he did.  I agree his alleged crime is not all that serious.  

I do not share the opinion of the other Pats fan in this thread that because there have been no trafficking charges that no trafficking occured. To be clear, to me, there is zero reason to believe Kraft participated in the trafficking.  But assuming that it would be easy for law enforcement to prove trafficking when the women involved can't speak English and likely fear for their families in China is ridiculous.  That job was always going to be difficult.  Did they take the wrong approach?  Probably.  Does that make what Kraft did legal?  No.  At least one person thinks everything is fine because the whacker offer was a manager.  That's just weird.

I will say that I find it really strange that multiple billionaires were going to the same run down strip mall for sexual favors.  Personally I also find it disappointing if nothing is being done behind the scenes by the johns to at least try to assist in the larger matter.  Maybe it is being done.  I realize that they are not obliged to help but the women are human and if this is their plight I'd find it unconscionable for these johns to ignore it.

The sheriff has just started to backtrack on the human trafficking angle.

22 hours ago, mannc said:

I don't think there's a lot of moral outrage.  It's more that it makes Kraft look like a pathetic old creep.  The idea of a 77-year old billionaire having to get his jollies at a low-rent rub joint makes the guy a laughing stock, more than anything.  That's the part of this incident that Kraft can never live down, whether he beats the rap in court or not. 

Sour grapes and envy?

22 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Because no one knows who the other 199 John's are, and this is a football board where the most famous person in this bust is the owner of a football team. Why is no one talking about the other people caught up in the current college entrance scam other then the 2 actresses? I doubt it's because they have hatred for Netflix and Fuller House, but it's because they are the ones who are well known....

If it wasn’t Kraft would there be 60+ pages?

29 minutes ago, iinii said:

If it wasn’t Kraft would there be 60+ pages?

Maybe not 60 although maybe pretty close if the owner was from another AFC East rival, but there would still be a big post if it was another owner in the league. Without any ties to NFL owners or players, it's a couple pages in 'Off the Wall' with most people posting any photos of the owner,  manager, or workers asking 'Would ya?'....

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maybe not 60 although maybe pretty close if the owner was from another AFC East rival, but there would still be a big post if it was another owner in the league. Without any ties to NFL owners or players, it's a couple pages in 'Off the Wall' with most people posting any photos of the owner,  manager, or workers asking 'Would ya?'....

It really boils down to, since the Bills are red headed stepchildren to the Pats, we must throw rocks.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Like everyone else?

On 3/26/2019 at 8:44 PM, Augie said:

Gronk passed the bar? I did NOT see that coming! 

Yes he passed an arm bar and gave a witness a concussion.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:49 AM, Doc said:

"Dating" the women.  :lol:

That was not $100 he passed each of them, it was his business cards - same he gives the zebras.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, iinii said:

Everyone’s moral outrage is laughable. Why isn’t there any discussion of the other 199 johns? Oh that’s right, they don’t own the Patriots., No one cares about the victims, they just want Kraft burned at the stake for something half of them have done.

Your outrage is laughable. it seems you have guilty conscious being in "half" (made up) with 50+ tug.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:22 PM, mannc said:

I don't think there's a lot of moral outrage.  It's more that it makes Kraft look like a pathetic old creep.  The idea of a 77-year old billionaire having to get his jollies at a low-rent rub joint makes the guy a laughing stock, more than anything.  That's the part of this incident that Kraft can never live down, whether he beats the rap in court or not. 

It was hardly low rent with $100 to mama and tugger for 15 minutes.

15 hours ago, Doc said:

You see, there is no "logic" when it comes to the blindfolded-dartboard reasons that cause you to like a person or not.  It seems that if a person is a Buffalo Bill, you immediately don't like him, which is a very odd position to take for a Bills troll;.

Corrected.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:34 PM, apuszczalowski said:

Most people dont have high priced lawyers who will be able to drag this through the courts and have video evidence of them actually committing the act thrown out and walk away completely free. 

Were they willing to offer the deal because they know their evidence us week and wouldnt stand up in court, or were they offering it so they could avoid having +/- 200 court cases for John's busted on basic prostitution charges? The sting was to bust up a self trafficking ring, the prostitution charges are just extras. Even if it went to court, as long as none of them were already registered sex offenders/had previous criminal convictions or other charges, they probably would end up with a fine and some community service. So basically they are offering these guys a plea deal to forgo taking it to trial.

Stop confusing irrational ranters with facts.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble stating that after I first asked.

Yes, illegal is illegal and he committed an illegal act.  I'm not sure why you keep asking me that.  That's not what has been the topic here. It's the bolded part above.  Stop pretending to not understand what is being discussed--disingenuity is your forte, though.

Didn't face any charges?  Well that's exactly the offer in front of Kraft now, isn't it? No charge.  Good point.  Wow.

Yeah...typically when no crime is committed, like in Shady's case, no charges are filed.  Bobby may escape charges, but that's because he's paying a ton of money to do so. 

Again if this had been someone else, you'd be calling them every name in the book and laughing at them for trying to weasel out of it.  But you're not, for obvious reasons.  But I don't expect you to have the insight to see it or the honesty to admit it. 

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah...typically when no crime is committed, like in Shady's case, no charges are filed.  Bobby may escape charges, but that's because he's paying a ton of money to do so. 

Again if this had been someone else, you'd be calling them every name in the book and laughing at them for trying to weasel out of it.  But you're not, for obvious reasons.  But I don't expect you to have the insight to see it or the honesty to admit it. 

For no extra money, he and the other 24 have been offered an "escape" from "charges"!  You still don't understand what is being discussed here. 

BY refusing a deal where there will be no charges....THAT is going to cost him some money, if wants to go to trial.  But there's no more fancy lawyerin' that his team can do that Celino and Barnes couldn't do at a fraction of the price.

It has nothing to do with money.  The PD would provide the same service.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

For no extra money, he and the other 24 have been offered an "escape" from "charges"!  You still don't understand what is being discussed here. 

BY refusing a deal where there will be no charges....THAT is going to cost him some money, if wants to go to trial.  But there's no more fancy lawyerin' that his team can do that Celino and Barnes couldn't do at a fraction of the price.

It has nothing to do with money.  The PD would provide the same service.

Yes, it is I who doesn't understand what's going on here...

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I had to block Mr. W.E.O.  It was this kind of belligerence that makes him impossible to talk to.  He is not nearly bright enough to be as confident as he is.  

Hey there!

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I had to block Mr. W.E.O.  It was this kind of belligerence that makes him impossible to talk to.  He is not nearly bright enough to be as confident as he is.  

Don't block him.  It's actually funny seeing him prove what I said about being a hypocrite and lacking insight. 

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Don't block him.  It's actually funny seeing him prove what I said about being a hypocrite and lacking insight. 

Maybe you're right doc.  Me saying he's guilty while also simply including the defense strategy his lawyers have planned  as it has already been reported in every news outlet for the past month is clearly "defending Kraft".

You went on and on about how he (and the rest I assume) should just "admit guilt"...until you finally admitted that neither you nor anyone else would do so in this case. 

Your beef is that I'm not calling him names like I may have (?) regarding that great citizen and father Lesean McCoy.  This has nothing to with facts ansthey have been exhaustively reported.  Your only point is that I'm not calling kraft funny names.  To me, they are both knuckleheads.  So what? 

Like I said, it always comes down to a simple question....which you ultimately answer in folding.   The sport for me is getting you there....

13 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

He reminds me of an anti-vaxer.  Like sure, they are fun to laugh and point at, but if you make the mistake of engaging them, they will drive you mad with frustration

Early on I got the impression that for you this was a very short trip on a very small bus.

G

6 hours ago, iinii said:

Like everyone else?

Get bent.

If it makes you feel better I think the other biilionaires and people of influence are equally disappointing as Kraft.  Maybe I should go on the Goldman Sachs board to complain about some of them. This is a football board.

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe you're right doc.  Me saying he's guilty while also simply including the defense strategy his lawyers have planned  as it has already been reported in every news outlet for the past month is clearly "defending Kraft".

You went on and on about how he (and the rest I assume) should just "admit guilt"...until you finally admitted that neither you nor anyone else would do so in this case. 

Your beef is that I'm not calling him names like I may have (?) regarding that great citizen and father Lesean McCoy.  This has nothing to with facts ansthey have been exhaustively reported.  Your only point is that I'm not calling kraft funny names.  To me, they are both knuckleheads.  So what? 

Like I said, it always comes down to a simple question....which you ultimately answer in folding.   The sport for me is getting you there....

I got you there long ago, WEO.  Your takes on Shady were legendary.  And while your "entertainment" there lasted a few weeks, mine has been on-going.  To see you make a hypocrite of yourself in this instance is icing on the cake and I couldn't have scripted it any better.

Glad to see you've finally come around on what people could, should and would do when faced with legal problems, not just not great citizens and fathers like Shady, but super-swell guys like Bobby.  But again, Shady never committed a crime, unlike Bobby, so you wanting him to admit to stuff he didn't do was always silly.

Edited by Doc