Will/Should Trump Sign The Compromise Bill?

Tiberius

Yes or no

Key lawmakers announced a tentative deal late Monday that would avert another government shutdown at the end of the week while denying President Trump much of the money he’s sought to build new walls along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The agreement came together during intense hours of closed-door negotiations at the Capitol, as lawmakers resurrected talks that had fallen apart over the weekend in a dispute over new Democratic demands to limit immigrant detention. Democrats ultimately dropped some of those demands, which had come under fire from Republicans, clearing the way for a deal.

Hurdles remained, and Trump’s ultimate backing was in doubt after quick opposition emerged from conservatives. But lawmakers on both sides said they were motivated to find agreement by the looming specter of another government shutdown Friday night, three weeks after the last one ended.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/top-lawmakers-meet-to-revive-stalled-border-talks-with-shutdown-days-away/2019/02/11/3cd0fc1a-2dff-11e9-813a-0ab2f17e305b_story.html?utm_term=.66e9d1dd2e5c

Walls are racist. 

To be not racist we need to:

1. Have open borders

2. Tax the rich 70-90%

3. Use formerly rich peoples money to provide:

a. Universal healthcare

b. Universal basic income

c. Universal education

d. Housing for any person who doesn’t have it

e. Defund homeland security

f. Ensure Black Panther wins best motion picture

Failure to comply with those extremely reasonable and affordable measures is racism. 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Walls are racist. 

1. Have open borders

2. Tax the rich 70-90%

a. Universal healthcare

c. Universal education

Failure to comply with those extremely reasonable and affordable measures is racism. 

You left out the Grammy song of the year 

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Well, gee, contrary to the way the 'mocrats operate (a la Pelosi's you have to sign it to read it....) just maybe The Donald should read it BEFORE he signs it, eh?

Not unusual for things to be passed without reading them, usually they just want a pork package tossed in 

Edited by row_33

27 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I think he will sign it and go an alternative route for the wall.  Which will face very strong legal resistance.

I think so too. 

And his alternative route will take money from the USACE's CA wildfire relief, which will cause an interesting *****-fit.

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

In terms of will he sign it??? Guess it depends on what Hannity, Ingraham,  Carlson, and Ducey tell him to do no?

When did you become this stereotypical, all-too-predictable Tibs /34/baskin-like purveyor of far-left nothing-else to-offer nonsense?

Seriously. We already have those guys to post the first thing they get each day off Vox.com. Be different.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

When did you become this stereotypical, all-too-predictable Tibs /34/baskin-like purveyor of far-left nothing-else to-offer nonsense?

Seriously. We already have those guys to post the first thing they get each day off Vox.com. Be different.

i am going off his decision to not sign the first extension back in December that triggered the first shutdown. He told McConnell he would sign the resolution..only to back out when those opinion folks, along with Rush, went nuts. 

I firmly believe that is why you are not hearing a peep from his camp on this deal, he wants to see how the wind is blowing with his base first, and especially the tone his nightly call with Hannity.

BTW, i will respect the dude much more if stands up for his principles. He knows the Dems shoved the assinine bed thing in there just so's they had something to bend on...and it is usually him using this age old negotiating technique. I am sure he is pissed the way this played out...but he is in a bit of a corner no

w. Dems outplayed the Republicans on this on so far...

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i am going off his decision to not sign the first extension back in December that triggered the first shutdown. He told McConnell he would sign the resolution..only to back out when those opinion folks, along with Rush, went nuts. 

I firmly believe that is why you are not hearing a peep from his camp on this deal, he wants to see how the wind is blowing with his base first, and especially the tone his nightly call with Hannity.

BTW, i will respect the dude much more if stands up for his principles. He knows the Dems shoved the assinine bed thing in there just so's they had something to bend on...and it is usually him using this age old negotiating technique. I am sure he is pissed the way this played out...but he is in a bit of a corner no

'Garbage compromise': Hannity warns Republicans not to back spending deal

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Walls are racist. 

1. Have open borders

2. Tax the rich 70-90%

a. Universal healthcare

c. Universal education

You forgot the gov't to give money to anyone who can't or is unwilling to work.

Edited by pop gun

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

is that doable? 

Apparently so, from what I've heard on the news this morning.  Relief money is apparently not earmarked, but part of a more general USACE fund.  And as CINC, the President has pretty broad authority to move that money around.

• Thank you (+1) 1

A House Democratic aide tells me that negotiators also agreed that the deal would include "substantial" expenditures to address the humanitarian plight of migrants arriving at the border.

Such money would go towards “medical care, more efficient transportation, food and other consumables,” to “upgrade conditions and services for migrants,” as the original Democratic proposal at the start of conference committee talks put it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/12/with-new-border-deal-republicans-are-trying-negotiate-trumps-surrender/?utm_term=.3d220bfec134

Good, I like it when we help poor people 

17 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think you'd be wise to hold off claiming victory until this has all played out. It appears that the dems have done nothing for the DACA people, increased the "beds" allowed and moved off of their stance on the morality of the wall. Trump can only move so fast and the money that would be appropriated here along with additional funds taken from elsewhere keeps construction going. The really good negotiators think many steps ahead and leave their opponent thinking they've done well.

“The border city of El Paso, Texas used to have extremely high rates of violent crime – one of the highest in the entire country, and considered one of our nation’s most dangerous cities,” the president argued in his State of the Union address. “Now, immediately upon its building, with a powerful barrier in place, El Paso is one of the safest cities in our country. Simply put: Walls work, and walls save lives.”

The argument has a certain simplistic appeal: the border city was incredibly dangerous, then it got a wall, and now it’s incredibly safe. Ergo, border walls are effective at improving security.

The problem, of course, is that Trump either has no idea what he’s talking point or he assumes you’re easily fooled.

According to law enforcement data, the city had low crime rates well before a border barrier was constructed between 2008 and mid-2009.

Violent crime has been dropping in El Paso since its modern-day peak in 1993 and was at historic lows before a fence was authorized by Congress in 2006. Violent crime actually ticked up during the border fence’s construction and after its completion, according to police data collected by the FBI.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-trumps-lie-about-el-paso-texas-so-important

Fun day! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I think you'd be wise to hold off claiming victory until this has all played out. It appears that the dems have done nothing for the DACA people, increased the "beds" allowed and moved off of their stance on the morality of the wall. Trump can only move so fast and the money that would be appropriated here along with additional funds taken from elsewhere keeps construction going. The really good negotiators think many steps ahead and leave their opponent thinking they've done well.

I did say ‘ so far”. As I said , if Trump sticks to his guns and really believes in the wall, I hope he does not agree to this. 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Keep watching. 

This is all bait.

Could be. 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Could be. 

Almost 100% certain it is. I get there by first understanding he can get the money for the wall without Congress and without an EO (meaning they won't be able to stop him with an injunction). The left knows this, and has known it for awhile. Trump knows this, and has known this, for just as long if not longer. 

This is all a show - either to make the democrats expose themselves and their true platform for 2020 and beyond, or because they're really negotiating something else entirely outside of the public eye.