Jump to content
Rico

RIP Red Cashion

Recommended Posts

One of my favorites - First Down Cashion.
RIP.

Image result for first down cashion meme

Edited by Uncle Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen, I give you the finest call ever made by a referee:

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ocemur said:

Gentlemen, I give you the finest call ever made by a referee:

 

 

Thats referee Ben Dreif.  Cashion was known for yelling first down with a lot of enthusiasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Thats referee Ben Dreif.  Cashion was known for yelling first down with a lot of enthusiasm.

Then I sit corrected, I will take your word for it. Then again, I took Youtube's word for it that is was Cashion. It's almost like you can't trust the internet for 100% accurate information any more.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ocemur said:

 It's almost like you can't trust the internet for 100% accurate information any more.

  • When could you ever?💀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ocemur said:

Then I sit corrected, I will take your word for it. Then again, I took Youtube's word for it that is was Cashion. It's almost like you can't trust the internet for 100% accurate information any more.

 

Ben Dreith.  Just sayin'.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With most refs, you don't realize they're not working anymore until they die.  I have no idea when Cashion retired, but the memory of his calls is so fresh.

 

The exception to this of course is Ed Hochuli who thought his words of wisdom were the reason we all watched the game.  Happy happy happy that he's retired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God Bless you, Red.

 

First downnn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ocemur said:

Then I sit corrected, I will take your word for it. Then again, I took Youtube's word for it that is was Cashion. It's almost like you can't trust the internet for 100% accurate information any more.

I think Cashion was also one of Nick O’Leary’s grandfathers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic referee.  Loved his voice and his first down calls.  He still comes to mind fairly often.  

 

RIP.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved listening to this guy during the game he was the best ! The NFL lost a good one when he retired he needs to go in the HOF as a contributor his first down call was legendary !! 

 

RIP !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Utah John said:

With most refs, you don't realize they're not working anymore until they die.  I have no idea when Cashion retired, but the memory of his calls is so fresh.

 

The exception to this of course is Ed Hochuli who thought his words of wisdom were the reason we all watched the game.  Happy happy happy that he's retired.

Now I'd only his son wasn't on the field as well. Flag happy punk...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Now I'd only his son wasn't on the field as well. Flag happy punk...

Yet another case of the kid not making a ‘hair on the old man’s keister’?  There’s a lot of that going on nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

 

Ben Dreith.  Just sayin'.

 

 

Still a great clip... back in the days when they had some entertaining personalities.

 

RIP Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×