Who's more overrated...goff or mcvay

Hebert19

51 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's how they upload the bug into his phone........

As for the original question, could be a little of both. McVay hasnt really done anything as a coach yet, while having one of the most stacked teams in the league and people keep talking about how great and innovative he is and teams are searching to find the next him.

Goff on the other hand also hasnt won anything and everyone already seem ready to consider him a future HOFer, along with Wentz. 

As for the backlash on McVay for  not going with Gurley, if it was something he just decided not to do, McVay is an idiot. But I can almost guarantee real soon we are going to hear the Rams come out and say Gurley has been playing with a serious injury and is probably scheduled for surgery to fix......

I agree that neither McVay or Goff has done anything to garner HOF talk.  

Both are still young so, who knows what they will do in a few years.   

Only the Shadow knows 

Goff looked pretty bad last night.  But if you told me that would have been the end result before the game, it wouldn't have been an earth shattering take..

Remember when Tyrod put up 3 points on Jax?... I wonder if Rams fans (actually don't know if they exist) are looking to move on from Goff?

Or, quite a bit could be chalked up to BB having his D ready to play lights out, and with a game plan to dare the Rams to beat them with the run, which almost never needed adjustment throughout the game as it turns out. Shades of XXV, where BB took away many of the Bills passing options and shut down one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL in the process. Maybe D still matters just a little bit?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Goff is a very Foles-like QB.  With a stout run game and the ability to use play action, he can light your hair on fire.

But he's also where Foles was a few years back in "feeling pressure" that really isn't there.  In a way, their run game and play-action have masked that they haven't developed that aspect of his game.  Belicheck peeled his chrysalis off and revealed him for the slug-like pupating thing that he is.

That might be an apt comparison, and I wouldn't want my team to sign Foles either. To me, you either sign a difference making QB or you stick with rookie contracts. Goff and Foles, to this point, are not difference makers IMO. They can get the job done if everything around them is good, but I wouldn't want to spend $20+ million per year on that; would much rather stack the rest of the roster with talent like the Rams have done up to this point.

Goff, IMO.

Goff never, ever scrambles or runs.  I guess I am jaded because of Josh Allen, but sometime it is necessary to run as QB.  Pats did a good job collapsing pocket but he needs to make decisions faster and scramble once in a while.  His DNA is definitely a pocket passer.  I also noticed that he didn't check down quick enough ... he had receivers or RB off to side but didn't pass quick enough so they could make a play ... as if he was waiting for something to open up down field.

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Or, quite a bit could be chalked up to BB having his D ready to play lights out, and with a game plan to dare the Rams to beat them with the run, which almost never needed adjustment throughout the game as it turns out. Shades of XXV, where BB took away many of the Bills passing options and shut down one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL in the process. Maybe D still matters just a little bit?

You know I respect you quite a bit, Huds, but you seem to be misinformed.

From what many across the land say forget about Tom and forget about BB.  The reason why the Patriots keep winning world championships or going to the SB is because the Bills, Dolphins and Jets are so bad and can't compete against them.  

Please ignore the fact that we scored more points in both our games against a team that owns us than the NFC Champion Greatest Show on Turf, The Sequel did last night. 

Oh, and this just in:  people are stupid.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That might be an apt comparison, and I wouldn't want my team to sign Foles either. To me, you either sign a difference making QB or you stick with rookie contracts. Goff and Foles, to this point, are not difference makers IMO. They can get the job done if everything around them is good, but I wouldn't want to spend $20+ million per year on that; would much rather stack the rest of the roster with talent like the Rams have done up to this point.

Look, Goff might not be a top 5 qb, but I don’t think teenage girls overreact more to one game than football fans.  Yeah, I’d hate if Josh Allen put together back to back seasons where he totaled 60 tds.  I definitely would be thinking about a replacement. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You know I respect you quite a bit, Huds, but you seem to be misinformed.

From what many across the land say forget about Tom and forget about BB.  The reason why the Patriots keep winning world championships or going to the SB is because the Bills, Dolphins and Jets are so bad and can't compete against them.  

Please ignore the fact that we scored more points in both our games against a team that owns us than the NFC Champion Greatest Show on Turf, The Sequel did last night. 

Oh, and this just in:  people are stupid.

Donuts, thanks as always for keeping it real. I am now all cleared up, and will learn to toe the company line better next time...it's our own fault that the Pats keep winning. Maybe if the Rams were coached by that new fella taking the league by storm, they would've showed up with some offense...I can't quite remember his name though?

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think McVay is overrated.  He, however, committed the blunder that every other coach in the NFL tends to do.

NFL coaches sans Belichick, are very very predictable human beings.  They run the same schemes, same plays they've run all year even in big games.  The Patriots study film better than any other team.  If they know what's coming, you're in deep trouble.  It's why they were able to shut down the Chargers.  It's why they exploited the Chiefs defense.  They more than likely had a staffer study the Rams all year long.  

If you're a Patriots opponent and expect to beat them, you need to install a special gameplan just for them and hope your players are smart enough to figure it out in the week before the game.  Not just a play or a series, but a WHOLE PLAN.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I dont know if I would call him garbage, you have to remember who was coaching the other side.  He wasnt very good though.  Reminderme of TT without the ability to run.  Woods must have been having dejavu.

It wasn't just this game though, Goff struggled in several games late in the season.

36 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

No because everyone is clamoring to hire someone in his mold...give him Oakland or Bill's roster and see how good a coach he is. 

You don’t crack into the nfl HC ranks at that age without being awesome. Facts are still in his favor Unfortunately for the overhyped narrative 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who’s more overrated- the 23 year old quarterback who just went to the SB or the 33 year old coach who went to the SB?  Great question.  

Of course this board puts down MVP Mahomes because he only scored 31 points and couldn’t stop the Pats on defense.  

Mahomes should not have lined up offside when he intercepted Brady's pass, otherwise KC would have been in the Super Bowl, so yes he deserves the put downs ?

Just now, Stevie Ray said:

Mahomes should not have lined up offside when he intercepted Brady's pass, otherwise KC would have been in the Super Bowl, so yes he deserves the put downs ?

Perhaps he should have put up more than 0 points in the first half.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Remember the outrage earlier in the year when McDermott said that "game plan trumps talent" (or something like that)? He is getting that from seeing the Patriots and Belichek. It doesnt matter who they seem to plug in to play with Brady on BBs Patriots, they still find a way to beat you because of BBs gameplanning and schemes, or Voodoo

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that it helps to have 2 game plans that you practice and keep on the back-burner for playing Belichick.

If you go with the things that your team has used in the past he will have schemed a way to stop it.

The 2nd game plan is the one you use after the half when he has figured out how to stop the first one.

I did not watch this SB, but it sounds like Wade's D held the line pretty well till that one scoring drive and that the Rams threw a pick from the NE 4. Why is a team with Gurley on the roster having a shakey QB throwing the ball on the opponents 4 yard line...maybe i read the report wrong.

There are times a team just has to line up and win the 1 on 1 matches.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Perhaps he should have put up more than 0 points in the first half.

If Josh Allen scored 31 points in the title game after passing for 50 tds while carrying the 2nd worst defense in the nfl all year, only a stupid person could somehow find a way to knock him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Josh Allen scored 31 points in the title game after passing for 50 tds while carrying the 2nd worst defense in the nfl all year, only a stupid person could somehow find a way to knock him. 

Oh no, did someone criticize your Patsie?

I'm sorry, seabiscuit. I'll try not to blemish your precious again.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

What I don't get, is for all the Gurley-Goff-receivers talk, their offensive line was as dominant as you can get. Sure BB can scheme as good or better than anyone, but how come the Rams OLine couldn' make holes for the run or pass protect better? Schemes help, a lot, but still, that's a head scratcher. The Pat's D Line suddenly became one of the best during the playoffs. 

And who else was screaming at the TV at the end of the first half? Why didn't McVay use his two timeouts? The Pats* were at their own 2 yard line. Brady took a knee so was now at the 1. With 2 timeouts, it meant 2 more plays from the one! A safety was really possible as even kneel downs become problematic frm the one yard line. And it was only 3-0 at that point. I didn't hear commentator mention that then nor since.

Edited by Jerome007