Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Another Fan

22 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

You should ask @Boyst62 for online dating advice, like what apps to try, what interests get the most attention, should you post dick pics, etc. 

I got him, bro. @Royale with Cheese

"I'm cultured and only use proper nouns when discussing myself.  I'm a ***** delight.

Also, if it's important: father of 2, divorced, former Guess Jeans model, college educated, 5'10⅜", not funny, seldom interesting, can hold my breath for over 67 seconds."

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think SDS would be open to that here?

With the current filters in place?  No.

--------

INTJ - Master race

But I can be extroverted and own the room if I'd like, just think people are stupid and boorish usually.

Edited by Boyst62

3 hours ago, Mr Info said:

There is a general consensus that introvert/extrovert are not black & white. Rather, there is an ambivert. For example, someone who behaves as an extrovert in social situations but an introvert otherwise. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2016/04/26/9-signs-that-youre-an-ambivert/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201711/are-you-extravert-introvert-or-ambivert%3famp

who knew. 

being that i am an introvert at heart, i have never done well in group social settings. any more than three other people and i tend to clam up and look for a way out. though i have to confess that it has gotten easier over the years as i have kind of learned what the art of conversation is all about. not that i am able to always practice it but at least i now understand the basics of it.

back when i was thinking of going into business for myself, the biggest question mark i had was how was i going to be able to interact with people i had never met before. would i be able to come out of my shell enough to sell people on myself and my abilities. it was hard to take the final step and just say ***** it, it's either going to work or it isn't. i then began to find out something about myself that i never knew i had in me. i also found out that i actually enjoy it, i enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and getting to know them in a brief sort of way.

the biggest difference between the social atmosphere and the business atmosphere is that usually there is a purpose in the business environment and those encounters are mostly brief. whereas that is not usually the case in a social setting and because of that, i still struggle to this day. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've been told that it can be tough to get a date online because girls get their inbox filled up every day.  You're like a needle in a haystack.

Have you heard the same?

be careful, there are psychos out there. 

when this happens, you run like hell and don't turn back.

3pt0h1.jpg

Edited by Foxx

We are attending a St Jude fundraiser in downtown Atlanta tonight. Bill Cowher will be there getting recognized for something or other.  Aside from the masses here for the Super Bowl, there will be hundreds of people at this function. I know maybe 3-4 who will be at our table. That’s plenty for me. 

As to the point made by @plenzmd1, if I’m sitting at a bar alone, it’s pretty easy to get one of the other drunks to start talking with me. In Orlando one time for the NCAA hoops tournament I bought a pitcher for a bunch of guys from Wisconsin. The rest of the week I was an honorary member of their family! They tried to adopt me!! The point is......beer can result in poor judgement.   

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've been told that it can be tough to get a date online because girls get their inbox filled up every day.  You're like a needle in a haystack.

Have you heard the same?

Yes it’s a numbers game but all the women are there looking for dates too.

Just like in a bar, if you’re too superficial or you’re a 4 and only approach 10s, you’ll have a low hit rate.  You still need to put in some effort.

But overall I met a ton of girls that way.

27 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm perfectly content being left alone to my own devices. With that being said, if I'm out in a crowd with my wife I'm usually the guy that's talking to strangers. 

as one who rarely initiates conversation, i always gravitate to the smokers or those with different lifestyles, they like to talk to strangers.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

We are attending a St Jude fundraiser in downtown Atlanta tonight. Bill Cowher will be there getting recognized for something or other.  Aside from the masses here for the Super Bowl, there will be hundreds of people at this function. I know maybe 3-4 who will be at our table. That’s plenty for me. 

As to the point made by @plenzmd1, if I’m sitting at a bar alone, it’s pretty easy to get one of the other drunks to start talking with me. In Orlando one time for the NCAA hoops tournament I bought a pitcher for a bunch of guys from Wisconsin. The rest of the week I was an honorary member of their family! They tried to adopt me!! The point is......beer can result in poor judgement.   

and what else did they try to do to you?

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

no they don't, most people have a relationship and DO THINGS with other people, they PUT UP WITH their in-laws for half their weekends

you have some real bug up your kiester over being an introvert, let it go, relax and unclench...   :D

sorry, you want a "scientific" answer to all this.....

good freakin luck, sport....

I'm simply talking about it because this is a thread where people talk about a topic.

Oh, well...

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

I'm an introvert and a "professional" extrovert, trained in public speaking, the country club chit-chat and the uncomfortable times sitting at a table with strangers.  It's on a level of professional acting.  I look like I belong but I'd love nothing more than to run for the exits and find a forest without a soul in it.  

Public speaking/events exhaust me.  It's a 2:1 ratio.  For every event I have to present or glad hand, I need twice the amount of alone time to recover.  

Besides being a podiatrist, the job in hell for me is a car salesman.  Couldn't handle people all day, every day.  

Sounds like social anxiety rather than introversion. Or maybe both.

Being a sales person would be hell, for sure.

5 hours ago, teef said:

i think as we get older, we all prefer more alone time, simply because it becomes harder to come by.  i college and in my younger years, i'd go out just to make sure i didn't miss anything.  if i had more than an hour alone, i'd get antsy.  now quiet in my life is a commodity.  my wife and kids are leaving on sunday for a week to florida.  i can't begin to tell you how excited i am to have the house to myself.

You sound like an extrovert. I empathize with your struggle.

Just think...next week you can get up and not have to out on pants

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

you would be surprised ..Lots of top producers in large enterprise sales are "introverts"...

That is a little surprising. You can be an introvert without being socially anxious, but the two often coincide, I think.

Maybe being introverted helps a sales person be more efficient in some way.

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That is a little surprising. You can be an introvert without being socially anxious, but the two often coincide, I think.

Maybe being introverted helps a sales person be more efficient in some way.

It really can ,  especially in large enterprise software deals. So much of that sale is understanding the structures of the customer, the politics involved, the business needs, implications to bonuses, who wants who to fail, etc ...in other words doing your freaking homework and spending eons of time on minutiae and making sure you have every base covered.

Guys like me sometimes tend to think we can get by with strong compelling presentations and relationships with the right people..and sometimes we can get blindsided like a mofo!!!

38 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It really can ,  especially in large enterprise software deals. So much of that sale is understanding the structures of the customer, the politics involved, the business needs, implications to bonuses, who wants who to fail, etc ...in other words doing your freaking homework and spending eons of time on minutiae and making sure you have every base covered.

Guys like me sometimes tend to think we can get by with strong compelling presentations and relationships with the right people..and sometimes we can get blindsided like a mofo!!!

Makes sense. I'd probably get overstressed at that type of job. All my meetings are small and with a team I'm familiar with, usually.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m more of an innie than an outie.

I have a date tonight. With my wife. It’s the other thousand people who will be at the event that annoy me. 

Swinging again? 

:D

9 hours ago, dpberr said:

I'm an introvert and a "professional" extrovert, trained in public speaking, the country club chit-chat and the uncomfortable times sitting at a table with strangers.  It's on a level of professional acting.  I look like I belong but I'd love nothing more than to run for the exits and find a forest without a soul in it.  

Public speaking/events exhaust me.  It's a 2:1 ratio.  For every event I have to present or glad hand, I need twice the amount of alone time to recover.  

Besides being a podiatrist, the job in hell for me is a car salesman.  Couldn't handle people all day, every day.  

I can relate... amen brother

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Swinging again? 

:D

Swinging to the tune of a million plu$ dollar$ raised for St Jude Children’s Hospital in the live auction alone! Great night and a greater cause. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Introvert.  I have no problem spending time alone, and have a hard time with a break the ice and conversations about nothing with people.  If the conversation and person is interesting, I can talk to them for a while.

16 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Interesting that even Ellen considers herself an introvert despite how full of life she always seems to be

https://www.today.com/allday/ellen-degeneres-ann-curry-i-dont-lot-attention-1C9383852

how on earth did you voluntarily read something about her?  are you okay?  held in a hurricane cellar as a slave and forced to read this?

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah. Introversion is not social anxiety.

turns to it when I'm drained of all life essence having to pretend to care about 6 people's cats that died decades ago.

16 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

you would be surprised ..Lots of top producers in large enterprise sales are "introverts"...

we know that we better find something we are good at and beat it to death into the mud the rest of our existence

23 hours ago, Gugny said:

Generally speaking, the smaller the crowd, the more extroverted I am.  I'm okay in larger crowds, as long as I know at least a few people.  Large crowds where I don't know anyone - I get out of that situation as quickly as possible.

So, in a crowd of one, you’re the life of the party? 

• Haha (+1) 1