Potential Bills FA target Tyrell Williams considers himself a #1 WR

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, DJB said:

As long as hes not paid like a #1 id be interested for the Bills

He is going to command number one WR money. Wither or not he is worth it he is worth that is irrelevant because free agents almost always get overpaid and there are a ton of teams with lots of cap space that need WR's to pair with young QB's. 

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Every damn ball he catches goes for 15+ yards. He's turning 27 next month. He's 6-4 yet runs the same 4.45 as Zay. No one says he's a #1 caliber we yet, but let's sign him and let Josh decide. Every time I saw him play for the Chargers, he looked great. I don't want a 30 yr old Tate or even Funchess. Get this done OBD and then draft the best we in the 2nd round.

He's on my list of UFAs I'd sign, I just see him as a complimentary WR (in Woods/Marvin Jones mold) not a  true number 1.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Instead of over paying for 3 or 4 mid level guys, I would go big game hunting.  Full court press one of the edge rushers and interior lineman and then sign some young guys to prove it deals after the rush dies down.  Bringing a guy in because you have the money is not the answer imo. Especially, where the draft meets your value. 

So who is your big game on the DL? Do you have specific names?

They will no doubt be in demand and still have to agree to come here..

I think their immeadiate needs are on offense, and if they cant find a big name then I'll be happy with 3-4 mid levels if you are using Tyrell Williams as an example of a mid level guy....

Fill your needs in FA and look to the draft for BPA, although they have enough picks to find a decent WR and OL piece in the draft on top of what they pick up in FA...

Edited by Aussie Joe

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Getting him for 3 @ 29 would be robbery. I just have a feeling about him. I think he and Josh would have instant chemistry. 

I think he gets at worst 12 million aav and could get as high as 14-15 million aav. Personally I am not sure which vet WR the Bills will land. T.Williams and Tate are going to command huge money, I am not sure who else is really good on the market, John Brown will get paid close to 10 million aav not sure if he is a quality WR2 or not. There doesn't seem to be much else on the market other than Cole Beasely or maybe a released veteran like DeSean Jackson. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Comes down to what him and his agent feel his worth is.  I imagine that is more than what Buffalo feels his worth is.  4 to 6 mil a year is a stretch to me.  I think he will ask for more.  The wr class is deep l, the FA market is shallow.  I think they would be better off looking elsewhere for outside help than FA.

I don't think you understand how big contracts will jump with the new cap for each team.  THere's a lot more money and players are asking for more. The great players will all be looking for 20 plus million and up.  Mid level players are needed as well as a few great players.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

So who is your big game on the DL? Do you have specific names?

They will no doubt be in demand and still have to agree to come here..

I think their immeadiate needs are on offense, and if they cant find a big name then I'll be happy with 3-4 mid tiers if you are using Tyrell Williams as an example of a mid tier....

Fill your needs in FA and look to the draft for BPA, although they have enough picks to find a decent WR and OL piece in the draft on top of what they pick up in FA...

Clowney and  Lawerance are the top ofcourse. I also really like Frank Clark.  Depending on what position you think he is best at Barr is intriguing as well.   Buffalo has a pile of cash.  Imo they would be better off paying a premium for a premier position.  Depending who is available on the Oline, that needs to be a priority obviously as well.  The Wrs are very poor.  No real value outside of getting a guy on a prove it deal coming off an unproductive rookie deal.

speedy John Brown will not cost as much or command as long of a contract, will stretch the field by outrunning almost any db in the league. Speed kills, and with an arm like Allen's the safety will have to respect that. He is only a year and a half older. Then draft another receiver in the first 3 rnds. I would not want to overly commit $ and length of contract to Williams, an udfa with one good year 2 yrs ago.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I don't think you understand how big contracts will jump with the new cap for each team.  THere's a lot more money and players are asking for more. The great players will all be looking for 20 plus million and up.  Mid level players are needed as well as a few great players.

I would rather pay 20 mil for a priority position than 10 mil for a guy who will never meet the production.

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Clowney and  Lawerance are the top ofcourse. I also really like Frank Clark.  Depending on what position you think he is best at Barr is intriguing as well.   Buffalo has a pile of cash.  Imo they would be better off paying a premium for a premier position.  Depending who is available on the Oline, that needs to be a priority obviously as well.  The Wrs are very poor.  No real value outside of getting a guy on a prove it deal coming off an unproductive rookie deal.

These D Line guys would be great but they need to become available in the first place...and then agree to come here...

Barr I will pass...

I disagree that either Williams or Tate are "very poor".. we could do with either...

Just now, Mat68 said:

I would rather pay 20 mil for a priority position than 10 mil for a guy who will never meet the production.

Except no team needs a number 1 WR to go to the super bowl.  You need plenty of options though. Reliable receivers and pass catchers at the RB and TE positions.  Julio, Beckham, Green...were any of those offenses even top ten this season?  It's just unnecessary and riskier because all your eggs are in one basket and if the guy gets hurt, you're screwed.  Tyrell looks like a solid receiver and would pair nicely with a 2nd-4th round rookie receiver. That seems to be where the value of the position is in the draft.  

3 minutes ago, teef said:

Stats do not lie. 

Actually according to TBD they do all the time and are meaningless 

anyways what kind of contract you looking for.  Let’s do this. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Except no team needs a number 1 WR to go to the super bowl.  You need plenty of options though. Reliable receivers and pass catchers at the RB and TE positions.  Julio, Beckham, Green...were any of those offenses even top ten this season?  It's just unnecessary and riskier because all your eggs are in one basket and if the guy gets hurt, you're screwed.  Tyrell looks like a solid receiver and would pair nicely with a 2nd-4th round rookie receiver. That seems to be where the value of the position is in the draft.  

NO and KC do. I guess they didn’t make the SB cause of that though. 

Like I have stated in other threads about Williams, he has decent hands, excellent straight line speed, and is a strider.  However, he is not a crisp route runner.  He would be a solid #2 or #3, but he's not worth #1 money.  He really excels at shallow drags and medium crossing routes because he can out run the defender and turn an 8yd crosser into 15-20 yard gains.   He's a decent bomb threat.  Where he struggles is trying to sell double cut moves because of his long legs, he tends to round his cuts. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Like I have stated in other threads about Williams, he has decent hands, excellent straight line speed, and is a strider.  However, he is not a crisp route runner.  He would be a solid #2 or #3, but he's not worth #1 money.  He really excels at shallow drags and medium crossing routes because he can out run the defender and turn an 8yd crosser into 15-20 yard gains.   He's a decent bomb threat.  Where he struggles is trying to sell double cut moves because of his long legs, he tends to round his cuts. 

That's a bingo!