Kyle Crabbs’ Mock Draft 5.0: Bills take DE Clelin Farrell

YoloinOhio

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/28/crabbs-2019-nfl-mock-draft-5-0/

9. Buffalo Bills: Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson

Talk about a doomsday scenario for the Bills. Cody Ford, Jonah Williams, D.K. Metcalf and Ed Oliver are all off the board.

Bills Mafia is going to tell me Buffalo should trade down here, but I disagree. The draft is seven rounds long for a reason: there’s no need to force the issue at 9. A very talented pass rusher has fallen right into Coach McDermott’s lap.

The Bills staff prefers prototype players, Ferrell’s length, pass rush counters and run setting all fit the mold of a DE the Bills would covet.

Nothing wrong w/ Ferrell, but this mock they has QBs picked at #10 and #13.  I have little doubt the Redskins want to move to #9 in this scenario pretty badly.  If we got an extra 2nd or high 3rd I would have to believe we would do that.

• Like (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, cage said:

Nothing wrong w/ Ferrell, but this mock they has QBs picked at #10 and #13.  I have little doubt the Redskins want to move to #9 in this scenario pretty badly.  If we got an extra 2nd or high 3rd I would have to believe we would do that.

And if Lawson is signed to the 5th year of his rookie contract, where would they put the rookie.  Hughes on one side and Lawson on the other side.  They will address DE (Depth player) in later rounds..can't see them taking a DE unless he can be moved to OLB.

8 minutes ago, ganesh said:

And if Lawson is signed to the 5th year of his rookie contract, where would they put the rookie.  Hughes on one side and Lawson on the other side.  They will address DE (Depth player) in later rounds..can't see them taking a DE unless he can be moved to OLB.

It depends on if they are thinking short term or long term. This staff seems to think more long term. I don’t think with Hughes in his 30s that would preclude them from drafting a DE if he’s the best player available on their board. even if they keep both him and Shaq. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It depends on if they are thinking short term or long term. This staff seems to think more long term. I don’t think with Hughes in his 30s that would preclude them from drafting a DE if he’s the best player available on their board. even if they keep both him and Shaq. 

They may have thought long term in years 1 and 2 of their tenure, but I have a feeling they'll be less so in off-season #3.  The honeymoon is over now that they've executed their plan to move out the contracts they didn't like.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Clue about what? It’s not a prediction. It’s January. Mock drafts are just discussion points. 

Geez don’t get your panties in a bunch.  All i was saying there’s a lot of mocks and mostly different opinions on who they will take. 

34 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I hope does play out like this, then Bradbury is still available, pick him at 9. Ferrell not needed.

Virtually nobody that I've seen (and I look at every mock draft I can find on the internet) has Bradbury going in the top 15, to say nothing of the top 8.  

45 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Trent Murphy is the other issue.  He was invisible in 2018, but he is under contract with some unpleasant dead cap issues if released.  His ineffectiveness appeared to be connected with a longer than expected recuperation from injury.  The Bills may be hoping he can become a factor in 2019.  In any case, Clelin Ferrell would end up as a rotational player for the Bills.  It would be an impressive rotation, however.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ganesh said:

15 total sacks by your top 3 edge rushers isn’t amazing... if they get a legitimate pass rusher, Lawson will be a rotational player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cage said:

Is it little doubt or is it that is what you want the Redskins to do.

51 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I hope does play out like this, then Bradbury is still available, pick him at 9. Ferrell not needed.

Bad franchises draft for need.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thank you Kyle Crabb.  Great insight.  Are you done?

Good...in this scenario the Bills are going to trade down, and in any scenario if they have an offer they can't pass up.

EDIT:  I am confident in this GM and Coach getting 3 Starters (or rotational guys) in their first three picks and hopefully 4 in their first 5, if they get an extra second or third rounder due to trading down.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

You don’t worry about that if Ferrell is your BPA. 

• Like (+1) 2