Trump The Divider

Tiberius

NEO: Nathan Phillips and the surprise video:

Phillips got his video and the story went out. He got his interviews and he got to frame the story, and although almost every word he said was wrong, he never thought his narrative could be disproved.

The only reason it was disproved (for those with eyes to see and ears to hear) was that someone else was videotaping the whole thing, not just the part he wanted to air. Almost certainly unbeknownst to Phillips, someone else had started recording long before Phillips moved into the crowd of boys.

That “someone” was apparently part of the Black Israelite group that was harassing the teenagers with racial and other threats and insults…

That was the longer video that showed that it was the Covington students who were being abused and who were actually being rather polite and non-confrontational under some very trying circumstances…

That was the video that proved Phillips was lying. And that was the video he never thought would exist.

And if that longer video hadn’t existed, Phillips would have succeeded in the technique that Professor Jacobson has described, because no one would have believed the students against the word of this righteous Native American elderly guy.

No wonder Phillips is now muttering that he won’t have an Obama-style “beer summit” (root beer summit?) with the Covington kids because “He (Sandmann) stole my narrative.” Somebody stole his narrative, but the rules of the identity politics left gives him no choice who to blame.

WELL, THAT’S THE TRUTH: Joy Behar: We jumped to conclusions about the Covington Catholic kids because we desperately want Trump out of office.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Attempts by some in the media (and random people online) to find any embarrassing moment involving anyone remotely associated with Covington, no matter how long ago or unrelated or misleadingly put forth, is almost a worse smear than the initial one.

Concern over having this boy show up for the NBC interview

ZYl_sZq4_bigger.jpgPoliMath‏ @politicalmath
FollowFollow @politicalmath

PoliMath Retweeted TODAYSHOW

Do not do this. Do not let your kids do combative interviews with media figures.

I would never in a million years allow these ***** vultures do this to my kid.

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

Ya....well there are also videos of the MAGA teen squad acting like total effing dbags before the whole native American thing....so there is that....

Wait - MAGA hat not so cool anymore - come on bro - REPRESENT!

^^^^

Another douche who thinks it’s okay to bully minors. 

Pull yourself together, you sound like a kook 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

^^^^

Another douche who thinks it’s okay to bully minors. 

Pull yourself together, you sound like a kook 

TH3 aka Baskin didn't bother to give us a video link to those boys misdeeds. I wonder why?

On 1/21/2019 at 11:55 AM, 3rdnlng said:

The hate was multiplied by 10 just because of the hat that he wore. Without the hats I doubt this would have been even picked up by the media. It certainly wouldn't be seen as the brouhaha they made it out to be.

this is what I was thinking. If they had been wearing Cubs hats it would be nothing.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

this is what I was thinking. If they had been wearing Cubs hats it would be nothing.

I did notice the one kid with a Dolphins hat.  

I assume he was raised that way, and am not going to recommend running him through a wood chipper.  His parents, though...

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, teef said:

i'm on the other end.  at 5'9", and very adorable, i don't think anyone has been intimidated by me ever.  if anything, i'm oddly approachable. 

I'm 6'2 ⅜. I'm fairly built. Not a giant or monster but I'm not fat/obese and when I'm in shape or like I'm getting back in to now I definitely show it.  

This causes people at bars who want to do something to stare me down, single me out or look to get my attention. Generally I don't even care, sometimes I intentionally loosen them up and disarm them/de-escalate because I just don't want to have to bother and, well, believe it or not, I'm easy going as hell and approachable to many. Though, others see me as intimidating as ***** and compare me to the demeanor of Jason Statham in his normal role.

Anyway, my point is, it's about the confidence - not size - that you exude which makes people want to challenge or enter your space.

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

I'm 6'6" or a bit taller,  drifting from 270 to 310 depending on my feelings about eating and drinking sugary stuff for the past few months.

I keep to myself and try to be pleasant if i'm forced into an unwanted discussion.

i do unintentionally bump into people or door frames due to my huge wingspan, when someone whirls around in anger and sees me they quickly change the look on their face and i say "sorry" and all is fine... cowards....

I haaate bumping in to doors and walls. I've broken 2 in the last year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm 6'2 ⅜. I'm fairly built. Not a giant or monster but I'm not fat/obese and when I'm in shape or like I'm getting back in to now I definitely show it.  

This causes people at bars who want to do something to stare me down, single me out or look to get my attention. Generally I don't even care, sometimes I intentionally loosen them up and disarm them/de-escalate because I just don't want to have to bother and, well, believe it or not, I'm easy going as hell and approachable to many. Though, others see me as intimidating as ***** and compare me to the demeanor of Jason Statham in his normal role.

Anyway, my point is, it's about the confidence - not size - that you exude which makes people want to challenge or enter your space.

I haaate bumping in to doors and walls. I've broken 2 in the last year.

I'm bigger than both of you, and I don't bump in to anything.  What the hell's wrong with you two?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm bigger than both of you, and I don't bump in to anything.  What the hell's wrong with you two?

I'm 6' and I break at least 3 doors a year. Believe it or not, the shorter you are the more easy it is to smash through doors like a kool-aid man.

• Haha (+1) 1