Bills' Dion Dawkins feels he’s on ‘hot seat’ after taking foot off gas pedal

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Lots of players regress in their second year after a successful rookie season because they feel as though they have it figured out and it will be "easy" to maintain. That is not enough to release a talented player.  The question now is what he will do with it now that he recognized what happened.  

If he gets his act together then fine, but his statement makes it sound like he stopped putting in the work. 

Marcell was exstremely talented.  How did that work out when he stopped putting in the work.

15 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

If he took his foot off the gas then lets get rid of him as well.  

We already had one fat lazy man and sent him to Jax.  Either you put in the work or you go.  One bad apple ruins the bunch.

I honestly think that just in his second year, and as the standalone starter at LT, in the NFL I can see where you would get comfortable with your job, as he said.

The things is the true pros know you have to play and train like your team is about ready to cut you.

It's not challenging for a roster spot...it is challenging yourself.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

Am I dreaming this, or did he struggle at RT as a rookie trying to reverse all the mechanics? Not that it couldn’t be overcome, but I seem to recall some difficulties there. Was he a LT in college, I assume? 

I pray Teller turns out to be starting caliber. One less hole to fill. No idea where they all land, just add some talent and coach them up to be a strength rather than a pitiful weakness. 

I thought it was someone else who struggled switching sides. Kouandijo maybe? It had to do with a leg injury and the way he had to kick out from the line. (could have been both but not sure on Dawkins)

20 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I thought it was someone else who struggled switching sides. Kouandijo maybe? It had to do with a leg injury and the way he had to kick out from the line. (could have been both but not sure on Dawkins)

Dawkins played poorly on the right side.  He couldnt beat Mills for the job.

Lovely- another Mike Williams

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Am I dreaming this, or did he struggle at RT as a rookie trying to reverse all the mechanics? Not that it couldn’t be overcome, but I seem to recall some difficulties there. Was he a LT in college, I assume? 

I pray Teller turns out to be starting caliber. One less hole to fill. No idea where they all land, just add some talent and coach them up to be a strength rather than a pitiful weakness. 

Teller is raw- would love to see him pan out. I have my doubts, the dude looks slow as molasses- can we have some guys that can pull or get to the next level of the D? 

16 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Call McDermott and let him know.  Maybe he’s unaware 

A coach can ask a player to meet a certain weight, but much of this is on the player to put in the work in the offseason. They're only allocated so much time to actually spend with the team. But nice retort.

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like he could be moved to RT or G depending on who we acquire. As in, they won’t look at only the other positions on the line to upgrade. That’s the right idea. 

Exactly. This is the main reason Mcd likes position flexibility . Why bring in these types of players if your not gonna look to take advantage when the situation presents itself.

Edited by BillsFan1988

5 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I predict if Dawkins moves to LG he makes multiple pro bowls and gets the "10 M per year" contract anyways. I would't mind poaching Trent Brown from the pats to allow this move......

Only if Brown gets to wear his Pats jersey during gms . That way the refs give him the Pat treatment . "Holding what holding"?

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Lovely- another Mike Williams

Teller is raw- would love to see him pan out. I have my doubts, the dude looks slow as molasses- can we have some guys that can pull or get to the next level of the D? 

Teller is very raw, but I love the way he throws guys around. Does he have the stuff to be a quality starter? I really couln’t say. 

48 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

It would not surprise me to see Dawkins make that proverbial year 2 jump in year 3. I was disappointed in him this year.

I nearly expect it.

But he need to be ready to move , for the sake of the Team.
Ps i am a Teller fan in the right offense. so moving Dion to RT might be what Bills want to challenge him with.

OTAs and preseason etc should be fun for Dawkins : )
I bet they move him around

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

At least Teller gets in fights! Someone has to put Kiko in a corner 

no love for Mills getting ejected....

On 1/15/2019 at 12:42 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

So he thought OK, I've got this, then got torn up for 6 months and now he needs to change? And some of you still praise this guy? Because he admitted it?

He got complacent way too easily. Not a fan of his attitude. He'll never be great. I've defended him, but those quotes are bad.

Spot on take. Don’t admit that to the media. Take it up with your teammates or coaches, or family and friends. But the Buffalo News?? Bad look for Dawkins.