Sign in to follow this  
Southern Bills Fan

ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

10 hours ago, njbuff said:

Why are people automatically assuming that Mahomes would work here.

What if Mahomes had to play as a rookie with Buffalo? 

Mahomes being a star here is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever. 

Allen had to start as a rookie and Mahomes got a chance to sit back as a rookie. BIG DIFFERENCE.

If Allen becomes a franchise QB here, no one will care about Mahomes, but if Allen busts.................... oh boy.

Maybe because he's a damn good QB?

Would Peyton Manning or Tom Brady not have worked had Buffalo drafted them too?

8 hours ago, Yav said:

This right here is as accurate as you can get. Mahomes was 50% vs NE and that's because they doubled Hill and did a good job covering Kelce. Hill had 1 catch and the other targets were poorly placed balls that should have been pics but the NE secondary can't catch. If that was a Bills QB at 50% this board would be pissed. All season if you watch KC (and I did with Sunday ticket), you'd see that Mahomes just chucked the ball up and his playmakers adjusted and hauled the balls in. Mahomes struggled with zero coverage against NE for the second time because he struggles to read the D. He's got a strong arm yes but has to leave his feet to get it over the line. Sorry but I'll take Allen, he's got a stronger arm, he's taller and appears to be more athletic. Other than that they are both green. 

That's simply not true at all.

I watched a youtube video analyzing Mahomes and he is actually amazing at reading complex defenses's. 

Edited by NJKBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Maybe because he's a damn good QB?

Would Peyton Manning or Tom Brady not have worked had Buffalo drafted them too?

That's simply not true at all.

I watched a youtube video analyzing Mahomes and he is actually amazing at reading complex defenses's. 

I guess you’re a better judge of his ability than Romo who actually pointed it out during the game. Mahomes didn’t know what to and the play resulted in a sack. But hey you watched YouTube so yea he’s amazing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Yav said:

I guess you’re a better judge of his ability than Romo who actually pointed it out during the game. Mahomes didn’t know what to and the play resulted in a sack. But hey you watched YouTube so yea he’s amazing. 

So he gets confused on one play and suddenly he doesn't know how to read defense's? LOL

He had 50 TD passes in his 1st year as a starting QB in the NFL. I'm pretty sure he knows how to read defense. 

Edited by NJKBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Yav said:

He's light years ahead of Josh Allen.  

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

How could we even be certain they would of taken Mahomes if they took a QB that year? Why because he lit the NFL up a year later? Because the Chiefs traded to take him at the Bills spot? Deshaun Watson was still available and no one could really predict Mahomes would set NFL records in his second season.

Even Pegula himself wanted Mahomes..  along with a lot of people on this very board and myself..  He had that IT factor that jumped out at you if you watched him play.  And obviously Andy Reid liked him so much to trade up to get him.

Unless Allen goes into the Hall of Fame, this is going to get brought up forever.

Edited by HeHateMe

On 1/10/2019 at 6:05 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Does that explain why he DOUBLED Alex Smith's TD production with those very same weapons? Didn't think so.

Mahomes is great.  

However, Bills would not make this trade IMO and this article is about what the Bills would do, not fans.  Some fans aren’t not sold on Allens future, and that’s fair, but I’m pretty confident that both McD and Beane are fully on board the Allen train.  And White is already a top DB and Edmunds really grew in second half the season and looks to have Pro Bowl potentially in his future.  

Just like KC won’t make that trade, neither will the Bills.  Bills love Allen, White, and Edmunds.

Mahomes threw 50 TDs and is still sitting at home like the Bills to watch the SB.  If Beane and McD are confident they have a franchise QB in Allen, you don’t trade him and two potential Pro Bowl defenders for anyone.  Ask Brees how it was for all those years throwing for all those yards and not making playoffs or even having a winning record because the D was weak.  KC defense failed them too or they would be in the SB.  Rodgers is at home every year along with Rivers, Ryan, etc because the defense has mostly been an Achilles heal on their teams over the years.  

But I get why some people here would do it, especially if not sold on Allen.  I just believe that McD and Beane are both of the same opinion that they found their QB and that Josh will be a special QB as well.  So trading him and giving up two of the bright young defenders to come out of last 2 drafts doesn’t seem like something they would do IMO.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Allen is going to be good but the Bills would make that trade.  

If you make the trade the article suggests: T White, Z Jones, Edmunds, for Mahomes.

You will still have Allen.

What would you do with Allen?

Edited by cba fan

Why is this thread still going?  Mahomes plays for KC and Allen plays for Buffalo.  NOTHING is going to change that.  rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat.  20 pages of regurgitation.  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

So he gets confused on one play and suddenly he doesn't know how to read defense's? LOL

He had 50 TD passes in his 1st year as a starting QB in the NFL. I'm pretty sure he knows how to read defense. 

1 play...um okay. 

Problem is early in the season NE used zero on him and he didn't know what to do. In the championship game when it mattered NE pulled the same coverage and once again he didn't know what to do. But yea, he's awesome, I mean you watched a YouTube video and all. 

Or....and this would make a lot more sense, we just kept the pick and saved a ton of draft capital from the 2018 draft used to trade up.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

He's light years ahead of Josh Allen.  

Time will tell. 

Right now he's on a better team with WR that actually catch the ball (minus KB) and he's playing behind a better OL and he's throwing to one of the best TE in the game. 

I guess by those standards yes he's "light years" ahead of Allen. 

In actuality he's 1 year ahead of Allen and he's sitting at home watching the Super Bowl just like 30 other starting QBs.

Lets see what he does in years 3 and 4 after the salary cap catches up with KC, and this offseason it could be. They are going to be over the cap I believe this offseason and will need to make some serious decisions and lets all keep in mind they still need to address the defensive side of the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Mahomes is great.  

However, Bills would not make this trade IMO and this article is about what the Bills would do, not fans.  Some fans aren’t not sold on Allens future, and that’s fair, but I’m pretty confident that both McD and Beane are fully on board the Allen train.  And White is already a top DB and Edmunds really grew in second half the season and looks to have Pro Bowl potentially in his future.  

Just like KC won’t make that trade, neither will the Bills.  Bills love Allen, White, and Edmunds.

Mahomes threw 50 TDs and is still sitting at home like the Bills to watch the SB.  If Beane and McD are confident they have a franchise QB in Allen, you don’t trade him and two potential Pro Bowl defenders for anyone.  Ask Brees how it was for all those years throwing for all those yards and not making playoffs or even having a winning record because the D was weak.  KC defense failed them too or they would be in the SB.  Rodgers is at home every year along with Rivers, Ryan, etc because the defense has mostly been an Achilles heal on their teams over the years.  

But I get why some people here would do it, especially if not sold on Allen.  I just believe that McD and Beane are both of the same opinion that they found their QB and that Josh will be a special QB as well.  So trading him and giving up two of the bright young defenders to come out of last 2 drafts doesn’t seem like something they would do IMO.  

If I was completely sold on Allen, I probably don't make the deal. My reservations are such that I WOULD make the deal as Mahomes is a known commodity at this point. Allen has every chance in the world to prove the Bills(and you) right.

That doesn't mean Allen has to put up video game numbers, as he doesn't have that type of personnel and likely won't for the foreseeable future. All he really needs to do is put up a solid season and close the gap with Mahomes.

Edited by LSHMEAB

25 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

If I was completely sold on Allen, I probably don't make the deal. My reservations are such that I WOULD make the deal as Mahomes is a known commodity at this point. Allen has every chance in the world to prove the Bills(and you) right.

That doesn't mean Allen has to put up video game numbers, as he doesn't have that type of personnel and likely won't for the foreseeable future. All he really needs to do is put up a solid season and close the gap with Mahomes.

Agreed on all this, and that was my point.  I feel pretty confident that both McD and Beane are sold on Allen and why I do not believe they themselves would make this trade.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed on all this, and that was my point.  I feel pretty confident that both McD and Beane are sold on Allen and why I do not believe they themselves would make this trade.

I think Mahomes is so much better than Allen that it's not even funny, but I don't think McD & Beane would make this deal.

And Mahomes being so great goes well beyond talent around him... The dude played like this in college without the talent around him, as seen by his W/L record compared to his stats & play in-game, then came into the league & put up HISTORIC numbers. There have been young QB's starting for the first time surrounded by great talent throughout NFL history, but Mahomes took that to another level. He outplayed seasoned all-pro Hall of Fame QB's, he did things people have never seen before (throwing no-look passes, switching hands mid-scramble & throwing a left handed pass for a 1st down, etc.) and did everything in his power to deliver the Chiefs an AFC Championship win. 

That's not just "good" or "great" play that can be glossed over, and being named MVP in his first season as a starter will be just another bullet point after his 5,000 yard, 50 TD, 318 yards per game season. We'll be lucky if Allen scores 50 passing TD's in 3 seasons as a starter, and if he ever breaks 4,000 yards passing in a season once. And a Bills QB being named MVP? Pretty much impossible. But I'll tell you one thing, if Allen delivers us a home AFC Championship playoff game like Mahomes did, I don't care what his stats are. All will be fine with me, and I'm sure McDermott & Beane would feel the same too.

They've attached themselves to this horse, and they'll ride him to success or failure. If Allen pans out and Edmunds bombs, it'll still be ok for them. White has proven he's a top level corner, though anyone & everyone would take a top level QB over a CB. So really Edmunds & White don't matter in this scenario, it's all on Allen. If he can at least become a top 1/3 QB, I think Bills fans will be satisfied.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Then, we are run by stupid people and given their offensive moves, it’s hard not to argue that.  They badly need an offensive consultant.

Mahomes & JuJu + keep all your picks or Allen + Zay + plus 2 trade ups 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Has anyone realized yet the OP has four Bills players in it but talks about trading three?  Who gets traded?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Has anyone realized yet the OP has four Bills players in it but talks about trading three?  Who gets traded?

It's been pointed out multiple times that the story the OP was quoting was saying the Bills would gladly trade Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds for Patrick Mahomes.

Allen was not part of it..........because he wasn't acquired with any assets from the Chiefs trade.

But the mods chose to just let him use a misleading title........which is their prerogative...........and it doesn't really matter if you throw in Allen or not.......Mahomes is the MVP and youngest player to ever throw 50 TD passes..........he's amazing........it's a slam dunk.........hell throw in Milano and Dawkins if they need to.:lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's been pointed out multiple times that the story the OP was quoting was saying the Bills would gladly trade Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds for Patrick Mahomes.

Allen was not part of it..........because he wasn't acquired with any assets from the Chiefs trade.

But the mods chose to just let him use a misleading title........which is their prerogative...........and it doesn't really matter if you throw in Allen or not.......Mahomes is the MVP and youngest player to ever throw 50 TD passes..........he's amazing........it's a slam dunk.........hell throw in Milano and Dawkins if they need to.:lol:

Ray Ray McCloud is where I draw the line though. 

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Yav said:

1 play...um okay. 

Problem is early in the season NE used zero on him and he didn't know what to do. In the championship game when it mattered NE pulled the same coverage and once again he didn't know what to do. But yea, he's awesome, I mean you watched a YouTube video and all. 

I admit you're right man. 50 touchdown passes and 5,000 plus yards passing is just terrible. 

He sucks 🙄

Edited by NJKBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1