Sign in to follow this  
buffaloboyinATL

Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Murray is not 5'11" Maybe when he first wakes up and is wearing heels. At best 5'8"

He’s listed at 5’9 I thought. Could be 5’8. I was looking for the pic of him next to Haskins at the heisman ceremony... Haskins is 6’3 and Murray looks at least 6 inches shorter 

22 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

If he was worth a 1st round pick last year, why wouldn’t he be worth a 1st rounder this year in a weaker QB class? If he came out this year he would likely have gone top 5.

Because a) people have gotten a chance to see him play in the NFL and b) know the Cards will be fire-sale'ing him.

As much as I have voiced my negative thoughts about Rosen, I would feel sorry for him if this was to come to fruition. 

This is pure speculation. NFL talking heads are just drumming up interest in the draft. What Kingsbury said months ago doesn't mean anything.

• Like (+1) 2

Anyone know if any college has ever had back to back #1’?

what about back to back in the same position? 

38 minutes ago, Capco said:

Ugh. 

Even if Rosen completely busts on the Patriots, we'll have to hear for months about how Belichick is such a genius for getting a top 10 pick from the previous draft by trading a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

I think if a QB with a workable skill set is smart and motivated enough, Belichick stands a chance to turn him into another Brady.

Rosen has the smart.... and skill base....  but would he capitulate to Belichick's way, and also put in the dedication/work?  Also, maintain it/stay focused after success

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Anyone know if any college has ever had back to back #1’?

what about back to back in the same position? 

I was watching their next QB Spencer Rattler in the Under Armor all American game last weekend and he looks like another one. #1 QB recruit in the country + Lincoln Riley .... whew 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was watching their next QB Spencer Rattler in the Under Armor all American game last weekend and he looks like another one. #1 QB recruit in the country + Lincoln Riley .... whew 

Would be crazy to see. Although, Tua will be the favorite for #1 next year, right?

26 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Rosen easily fetches a #1...

I agree that somebody would pay it.  I think if you polled all the NFL GM's in the league you'd probably find no more than what you can count on one hand that would agree that he is a first round talent.  Think about it, look at all the teams that passed up on him last year that needed QB's and there is nothing that he did this past year to increase his NFL stock from last year.  

With that said, again.....Some team would be willing to do it.

Allen on the other hand would be a near consensus top 5 overall pick.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Would be crazy to see. Although, Tua will be the favorite for #1 next year, right?

I don’t know but Rattler is a true freshman next tear... won’t be eligible until 2022. I don’t think Tua is a #1 overall talent at the moment but he’s only had 1 year and could improve. They will have a new OC next year. 

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s better than Rosen imo. 5’9 though and only one year of experience 

Rosen will be a solid QB, his line was worse than the Bills and it seems apparent to the organization that his coaching staff was really bad.

• Like (+1) 2

Kyler Murray the tiny baseball player?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know but Rattler is a true freshman next tear... won’t be eligible until 2022. I don’t think Tua is a #1 overall talent at the moment but he’s only had 1 year and could improve. They will have a new OC next year. 

Oh, I got you. I thought you meant next year and I didnt even think. 

I heard DJ say the other day that right now it looks like Tua in 2020 and Lawrence in 2021. 

I struggle with Tua simply because that school has never put out a good QB (at least since Saban has been there) - there’s a first for me everything, but I would be hesitant on that regard.

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

I agree that somebody would pay it.  I think if you polled all the NFL GM's in the league you'd probably find no more than what you can count on one hand that would agree that he is a first round talent.  Think about it, look at all the teams that passed up on him last year that needed QB's and there is nothing that he did this past year to increase his NFL stock from last year.  

With that said, again.....Some team would be willing to do it.

How about this... cards trade Rosen to giants for the 6th pick. Cards take Murray at 1. Then get a Jonah Williams or a top DL at 6. 

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Rosen will be a solid QB, his line was worse than the Bills and it seems apparent to the organization that his coaching staff was really bad.

I don’t think Rosen doesn’t have a chance to be good, he does. I just think Murray is a better prospect. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Oh, I got you. I thought you meant next year and I didnt even think. 

I heard DJ say the other day that right now it looks like Tua in 2020 and Lawrence in 2021. 

I struggle with Tua simply because that school has never put out a good QB (at least since Saban has been there) - there’s a first for me everything, but I would be hesitant on that regard.

That’s definitely the narrative 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

How about this... cards trade Rosen to giants for the 6th pick. Cards take Murray at 1. Then get a Jonah Williams or a top DL at 6. 

The Giants are in love with Manning. If I was a Cardinals fan, I would be terrified if that FO had 2 top 10 picks in the draft. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Seeming more and more like we picked the right Josh

Since I wanted Rosen it seems more and more I would make a horrendous GM as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you're the G-men, do you prefer Rosen to taking a shot with Haskins? I really think #6 is a high return for Rosen. Cards invest a #10, then, albeit under difficult circumstances, fella has a poor year, and his value increases . . . I am skeptical.

I was wondering this: what would do if you’re Murray?  Imo, football is so superior and exciting of a sport.  I like baseball but there’s no comparison to a football game.  That said, dude can make a lot more money and save his body a lot of pain.

i think I would go baseball but man, it would be a tough decision.

Just now, Leonhart2017 said:

Since I wanted Rosen it seems more and more I would make a horrendous GM as well.

Me too! But Rosen could still be good. I didn’t watch much of him last year but his lack of mobility seemed to be extrapolated by their trash OL.

19 minutes ago, GG said:

Where doe she have a higher probability of a longer career - starting QB, back-up QB, starting OF, bench player?

I honestly don't know how good he is in either sport. A lot of it depends on that. Just thinking out loud, my guess is that Drew Henson probably thinks he made a terrible decision in retrospect. He was a probable #1 overall NFL pick, but stopped playing football for 3-4 years and never got back in the groove. He of course completely flamed out in baseball. I don't think that would have happened in the NFL if he had remained committed to the sport. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

If you're the G-men, do you prefer Rosen to taking a shot with Haskins? I really think #6 is a high return for Rosen. Cards invest a #10, then, albeit under difficult circumstances, fella has a poor year, and his value increases . . . I am skeptical.

I would take Haskins over Rosen BUT I have no idea if he will be better. That’s just based off of watching them both in college. 

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s better than Rosen imo. 5’9 though and only one year of experience 

I was just about to write this. Listed at 5’11” but I remember somebody in an interview stating he wasn’t over 5’9”. Unless you get concrete info that you’re going in the 1st and get that guaranteed money go play baseball. 

I would take Haskins over Rosen BUT I have no idea if he will be better. That’s just based off of watching them both in college. 

Oh, I have no idea, either, but I just think Haskins is the more attractive prospect right now. And if I am a team that wants Rosen, I'm not paying a top ten pick for him, because if a team is selling after one year, no matter what the circumstances, I'm not paying a premium to get the guy.