Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
buffaloboyinATL

Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s better than Rosen imo. 5’9 though and only one year of experience 

I agree he is a better athlete and QB, but I would worry about a 5'8" dude trying to see / throw over those 6'5" monsters. I'm sure there are things you can do in blocking schemes and play designs, but it seems like quite a disadvantage to have to plan around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Trying to think of the trade market for Josh Rosen

 

Guessing the Chargers/Saints/Redskins/Jaguars/Giants/Dolphins/Broncos/Bengals might give a call

On the radio they also said the Raiders could be in the mix because of the picks they have, but I personally don’t believe he is a Gruden type of player. I recall Gruden questioning his commitment to football.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Patriots

 

Ugh. 

 

Even if Rosen completely busts on the Patriots, we'll have to hear for months about how Belichick is such a genius for getting a top 10 pick from the previous draft by trading a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GG said:

 

Would be an interesting decision, considering middling MLB players can make $10 million with far less wear and tear

Discussed a lot last night here 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Murray is playing baseball and has said so.

 

So did John Elway.

 

People say stuff.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If the Cardinals take Murray #1 overall, they truly are the new Browns.

Murray = Mayfield?

 

So they can expect 7 or 8 wins next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Trying to think of the trade market for Josh Rosen

 

Guessing the Chargers/Saints/Redskins/Jaguars/Giants/Dolphins/Broncos/Bengals might give a call

And also the Raiders now that Mayock is on board? He could not have possibly drooled any more after Rosen going into the draft if he'd tried:

 

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/03/17/mike-mayock-raves-about-josh-rosen-after-impressive-pro-day/

 

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/mike-mayock-josh-rosen-the-most-natural-thrower-this-year-class/s21BvEWpf382mkJqnLXoGK/

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GG said:

 

Would be an interesting decision, considering middling MLB players can make $10 million with far less wear and tear

 

Yeah but then you have to play baseball. Gouge your eyeballs out in Right Field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Murray = Mayfield?

 

So they can expect 7 or 8 wins next year?

Could be just as good or better than mayfield. He is way more mobile. Couple inches shorter. Both have the baseball background. Mayfield is super accurate. I think Murray is too but don’t know the specifics 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do they think they'll get for Rosen?  A second rounder would be wishful thinking at this point.

 

As for Murray, I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.  After winning the Heismann, he still decided to stick with baseball, telling me he doesn't love the game.

 

And he'll have a much tougher go in the MLB.  The sheer number of guys playing minor league ball versus those who make The Show is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

On the radio they also said the Raiders could be in the mix because of the picks they have, but I personally don’t believe he is a Gruden type of player. I recall Gruden questioning his commitment to football.

Now we'll see how much Mayock matters? Opposite take on Rosen by him than Gruden. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculous. These talking heads are full of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doc said:

What do they think they'll get for Rosen?  A second rounder would be wishful thinking at this point.

 

If he was worth a 1st round pick last year, why wouldn’t he be worth a 1st rounder this year in a weaker QB class? If he came out this year he would likely have gone top 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schoop and White holding hands crying in corner together

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

 

This is not true at all.  With the success of Mayfield this year and Murray's performance, I believe he will be #1 overall IF he makes it clear that he is football focused only and not trying to play baseball as well.  He is better than any other QB in this draft and there will be a team willing to trade up for him.  Again, only IF he says he is playing football only.

The guy is like 5'6".

 

I know he is listed about 5' 10", but I have heard multiple times that he isn't even close to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

 

This is not true at all.  With the success of Mayfield this year and Murray's performance, I believe he will be #1 overall IF he makes it clear that he is football focused only and not trying to play baseball as well.  He is better than any other QB in this draft and there will be a team willing to trade up for him.  Again, only IF he says he is playing football only.

completely agree.  i think to the original comment, there is close to zero chance he goes #1 overall to the cardinals, but easily someone could trade up so #1 and take him #1 overall... Cards would probably LOVE to trade down as well and retool, so might even trade out of #1 for a discount IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

The guy is like 5'6".

 

I know he is listed about 5' 10", but I have heard multiple times that he isn't even close to that. 

 

Was just listed officially at 5'11" for the mlb draft.  Madrigal who is 5'7" and was drafted #4 overall is noticeably much, much smaller.

 

I remember hearing the exact same type of things about Mayfield last year too...well, not 5'6, but you get the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter who is on that team until they fix their line. Keeping the GM that created the mess was probably not the best option. I'm assuming they think the similarity to Mahomes would entice the new coach to start over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

 

Was just listed officially at 5'11" for the mlb draft.  Madrigal who is 5'7" and was drafted #4 overall is noticeably much, much smaller.

 

I remember hearing the exact same type of things about Mayfield last year too...well, not 5'6, but you get the point.

Murray is not 5'11" Maybe when he first wakes up and is wearing heels. At best 5'8"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man. That would be insane.

 

The NFL is further and further off the cliff into NBA style. Part of me dislikes this, and part of me loves the drama. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×