NFC Wild Card: Seahawks at Cowboys 8:15 Fox

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I feel ya. Mind Dak had and still sort of has pretty crappy recievers outside of Cooper as we do. Better than JA's. One guy is certainly a safer bet while JA is higher risk high reward so depends on how much risk anybody wants to take. Dak looked like king of the Quarterback world his rookie year and now he is where he is now.

I'd take JA as well basically on a gamble he can carry a lesser team than someone like the Cowboys Dak is dependent on. But you and I are running the risk we don't get JA to Dak's level. How likely he is to get there is so hard to tell but i've seen enough to take a gamble.

But Dak isn't a bad Quarterback to have one bit. Just makes a SB contender much more work than what we're gambling JA could need.

Yes very well put. I agree 100%. If I were a Dallas fan my concern with Prescott wouldn't be that he's not capable, but that he isn't progressing. Getting him Cooper was a great move and it certainly paid off.

I think my initial premise (to another poster) was responding to the whole 'if Allen had Prescott's stats this year we'd be happy' thing...give me Cooper, Elliott, and the Dallas o line and you can keep Prescott.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Before he got Cooper he having what can only be described as a mediocre year...there were talks about drafting another QB in Dallas.

That’s why the idea of trading for Antonio Brown is very tempting.  He’ll have a huge and immediate impact for at least two seasons.  Any rookie WR they draft is going to take a while, if he’s ever any good at all.  AB would be huge for JA.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s why the idea of trading for Antonio Brown is very tempting.  He’ll have a huge and immediate impact for at least two seasons.  Any rookie WR they draft is going to take a while, if he’s ever any good at all.  AB would be huge for JA.

If AB can't stand Big Ben as much as it appears bring him in. He also doesn't like that douche Ryan Clark. Get Bell too while we're at it. Draft D and OL. Now they can splurge with the cheap rookie contract at QB. Roll the dice. 

That is why i feel like a lot of you didn't like Whaley, so I understand why many would oppose it.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

This game put me to sleep, literally.

It was close throughout, but such boring football and such a pair of nothing teams.

The first game was equally boring, but it was fun cheering on Frank Reich so what the hell.

Hoping for better football tomorrow.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Drive home safely. Congrats CGF!

Thank you.♥️?

I live 75 minutes away so I drove to a hotel then walked to a restaurant.Took their  shuttle to the stadium. After the  game I took the shuttle back to the restaurant. I then walked back to the hotel where I am overnighting. I'll drive back sometime Sunday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

You guys think it's broke? ?

Could have been severely dislocated ankle perhaps?

Either that or something broke.

I think it's BS that they chose not show the cause for like a 10 minute game stoppage after the initial replay.

How about a warning for those who don't want to see it, then showing it and letting the viewer decide what he sees or doesn't see?  I'm not really into censorship.

6 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

He could be. But until Allen does better than Prescott statistically at some point, we can't live on conjecture of how great Allen would be in XYZ situation. We can simply see what others QBs have accomplished, or what JA has accomplished. 5 years down the road if we're saying this same nonsense than we're screwing up. It won't matter if JA isn't some All-Pro caliber player only when surrounded by the best offense money can buy, but we'll know he sure as **** ain't up with Marino or tons of other QBs that have done fine with bad support. Plus we'll still be complaining about JA's support.. reckoning day shall come. No Quarterback gets that excuse their entire career. Nor the guy building the offense.

Dak's had an impressive enough career to be the franchise. Let's wait until JA scratches his #s before we say he's the better QB. Dak is flat out better until proven otherwise.

This. When I talked on Friday about Bills fans needing to keep a sense of perspective and realism when it comes to Josh Allen this is what I meant.

We have fans in this thread already willing to declare him better than a guy who in his 3 years in the league has done nothing but win, has an almost 3 to 1 TD:INT ratio has led his team to two divisional titles and has now won a playoff game (and on both of their touchdown drives in the second half it was him in the clutch who made the critical plays). We had the same sort of comments in the Houston v Indy game thread referring to Watson too. That isn't to say I am sold that Dak is a guy I am totally comfortable paying massive $$s and I discussed that elsewhere too. But let's respect what this guy has done. At this point he is nothing short of a proven winner. 

It is understandable that people are excited about Josh but right here today he doesn't have a resumé to stack against those guys. The constant need to compare every other Quarterback we see against Josh and declare how much more he would be doing in their situation is an ugly side of Bills fandom. Just support the kid and enjoy seeing him improve. Now is not the time for declarations of greatness. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This. When I talked on Friday about Bills fans needing to keep a sense of perspective and realism when it comes to Josh Allen this is what I meant.

We have fans in this thread already willing to declare him better than a guy who in his 3 years in the league has done nothing but win, has an almost 3 to 1 TD:INT ratio has led his team to two divisional titles and has now won a playoff game (and on both of their touchdown drives in the second half it was him in the clutch who made the critical plays). We had the same sort of comments in the Houston v Indy game thread referring to Watson too. That isn't to say I am sold that Dak is a guy I am totally comfortable paying massive $$s and I discussed that elsewhere too. But let's respect what this guy has done. At this point he is nothing short of a proven winner. 

It is understandable that people are excited about Josh but right here today he doesn't have a resumé to stack against those guys. The constant need to compare every other Quarterback we see against Josh and declare how much more he would be doing in their situation is an ugly side of Bills fandom. Just support the kid and enjoy seeing him improve. Now is not the time for declarations of greatness. 

Yup.

Saw it in the thread for the Colts/Texans game, that Watson was 'meh'. I mean he took a very bad Texans OL, if you think the Bills was bad, and basically Hopkins and after an 0-3 start won 9 games straight. They went 11-2 after the 0-3 start. Watson passed for over 4,000 yards and 26 TDs. He also ran for over 500 yards and 5 TDs. THE FIRST TO DO THAT EVER! 

But yea, I guess he's 'meh'.

Josh Allen today, right now, isn't even close to Watsons level and he may well never be. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, wppete said:

What??? I didn’t know he had off field issues and that sounds insane if he did that. No thanks them...

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/11/17/frank-clark-michigan-football/19157491/

"Seahawks officials have declined to say whom they talked to but said they did a detailed investigation and are satisfied that Clark did not strike Hurt. General Manager John Schneider said he was in Michigan as part of routine checks of potential draft picks.

Bailey, who was hired as Clark’s lawyer while Clark was still in jail, said he later learned about the team’s probe into the incident from Clark’s sports agent, and from Seahawks representatives."

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/hotel-clerk-says-frank-clark-threatened-her-admitted-hitting-girlfriend/

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hey.... you leave Zeke alone! He is definitely in my top 10 NFL man crushs. ?

I find it hard to have too much love on a guy who has to be restrained by his own body guards from attacking a coach and a referee - at a girls HS basketball game.  When he's an NFL player.

He's an amazing football player though.

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Before he got Cooper he having what can only be described as a mediocre year...there were talks about drafting another QB in Dallas. He is a decent option with a ton of weapons, otherwise he's nothing special imo. I take Allen over him RIGHT NOW as the guy you want for the next 10 years.

Isn't that the explanation (or excuse) for Josh Allen, that he'd be a better QB if he had better WR? 

Also, didn't the Cowboys have 2 or 3 OLmen on IR at the start of the year?  Isn't "needs better OL" another explanation?

Look, I get the feelings of positivity and hope about Josh Allen, I do. But the fact is, Dak has played 3 years in the NFL at this point with a winning record for his team of 32-16 (not a QB stat obviously) and with putting up all the metrics that successful NFL QB put up. 

Next year, if Josh Allen has 68% completions, 32 TD, 16 INTs, throws for 7.5 YPA and 242 ypg (like Dak Prescott did this year), we're all going to be thrilled with him.   

OK, most of us.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I find it hard to have too much love on a guy who has to be restrained by his own body guards from attacking a coach and a referee - at a girls HS basketball game.  When he's an NFL player.

He's an amazing football player though.

Man crushes don't always make sense. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I guess the Seahawks season can be summed up by SeBass having too much to drink over the weekend. Not hydrating. And pulling a hammy. Letting his punter from Australian rules football dropkick an onside?! Which I physically can't imagine how that is possible

Last player I remember doing the drop kick in a game was Doug Futie, and we all know he was a witch.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn't that the explanation (or excuse) for Josh Allen, that he'd be a better QB if he had better WR? 

Also, didn't the Cowboys have 2 or 3 OLmen on IR at the start of the year?  Isn't "needs better OL" another explanation?

Look, I get the feelings of positivity and hope about Josh Allen, I do. But the fact is, Dak has played 3 years in the NFL at this point with a winning record for his team of 32-16 (not a QB stat obviously) and with putting up all the metrics that successful NFL QB put up. 

Next year, if Josh Allen has 68% completions, 32 TD, 16 INTs, throws for 7.5 YPA and 242 ypg (like Dak Prescott did this year), we're all going to be thrilled with him.   

OK, most of us.

In short- yes, better WRs generally make for better QBs. 

Dallas still has (and had) a much more attractive offensive line than Buffalo.

As you say, how many wins a team collects is not a QB stat. It gets thrown into player discussions all the time, in error, but wins are not a stat for QBs.

If Josh Allen puts those numbers up, in his second year, with what will almost certainly be a worse offensive cast than Prescott enjoys in Dallas now (in his third year) I will indeed be thrilled. I would not be so thrilled with Prescott if I were a Dallas fan, and many of them aren’t. Again, pre-Cooper this season he was at the same YPA as Allen and throwing for about 18 more YPG... in his third year. With Elliott. I think he is the definition of average.

9 hours ago, mannc said:

The problem with AB, unfortunately, is (to quote some talking NFL talking head) in the NFL, your greatest ability is your availability. Pouting and skipping a must-win-to-get-in game over bruised feelings is just not acceptable, no matter how far he takes you before he quits on you.

I know some feel like it was isolated, but to me, anyway, it's no different than listening to a woman tell you that she and her new boyfriend are officially exclusive now that he got caught by his last girlfriend cheating with the woman.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No the argument is that Josh Allen's statistical floor is higher than what we have seen this year, given that his entire offense from top to bottom is one of the worst assembled in the modern era. Not just the receivers, the whole supporting cast. I don't think I'm over exaggerating when I say that at least 8 players on Dallas's offense would start for us right now, and only 1 player on our offense (Foster) would get starting time there. Zeke, Tyron Smith, and Zach Martin are top 5 in the league at their respective positions. Their offensive line as a whole is in the conversation for best in the league. I'm not sure how many QBs in the league could score 5 TDs in a single game with our offense around them but I feel comfortable saying Prescott is not one of them.

Edited by HappyDays

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The constant need to compare every other Quarterback we see against Josh and declare how much more he would be doing in their situation is an ugly side of Bills fandom. Just support the kid and enjoy seeing him improve. Now is not the time for declarations of greatness. 

I personally get annoyed when we throw everybody but Allen under the bus on the offensive side to make him look better. As if we want the offense to be as bad as humanly possible to prop up JA and make some speculation that if he had any other mediocre offense he'd be lighting up the NFL.

Look no further than the Rosen thread where we got in shouting matches over which Quarterback had the worst offense.. as if that's a good thing to have a bad offense.