Sean McDermott’s Current Approval Rating

Sean McDermott’s Current Approval Rating  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Approve Sean McDermott As Bills HC?

• Yes, I approve
    • No, I don’t approve

Well it’s 2 seasons down and I’m curious to know your thoughts on Sean McDermott as Bills HC.  I remember that McDermott’s approval rating was sky high after making their first playoff appearance in 17 years.

But after a 6-10 year do you still trust the process?  There has been some very negative comments about McDermott by members in this forums.  

So let’s see Sean’s Approval rating as of now.

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

I approved, but I'm really somewhere in between.  They certainly ended the year strong, but the early to middle part of the season was very frustrating and the team seemed particularly lost in several games. The season was definitely on the brink after several lopsided losses where all three facets of the game were embarrassed, along with coaching decisions.  

But he needs to be given credit for making a definitive transition to youth and coaching them to results.  The team really believed in itself by end of year and I've never seen a 6-10 result finish with such optimism.  He certainly deserves to continue to lead the team and a strong step up is expected for next year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Well it’s 2 seasons down and I’m curious to know your thoughts on Sean McDermott as Bills HC.  I remember that McDermott’s approval rating was sky high after making their first playoff appearance in 17 years.

But after a 6-10 year do you still trust the process?  There has been some very negative comments about McDermott by members in this forums.  

It's not as simple as yes or no.  The tear down is complete. Now let's see what his vision and leadership can build.  

• Like (+1) 4

I feel like another option should be available.  I like what he is doing but he does have some issues with game management IMO. 

I guess you could say he's doing good enough at this point. 

Edited by The Wiz

I approve of the job McDermott has done. It's clear that the guys who are here have bought in to what he's selling. He took an average team and coached them to the playoffs in his first year on the job. Now he's working toward helping the young team grow up into consistent contenders. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

I think he's made lemonade out of lemons with this team. As @Cripple Creek said the tear down is complete. But I'd say the rebuild is still 2 years away. I'm a yes vote 100%

What does CC know?  ? 

the teardown is over. 

The building of the offense will continue.  

If it doesn’t then Beane and McDermott would have failed us. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Put me in the camp that a complete tear down was necessary.  

I think that McD needs some work with his game management but he holds his players and coaches accountable and the players play their ass off for him.

I approve

• Like (+1) 4

I voted No approval...

-The Love for Nathan Peterman is almost sickening.

-He doesn't answer any questions with Answers.... just gives us a bunch of words smh.

-Even though the team last year wasn't that good... had a shot to win a big game against the Chargers, & he bench Tyrod for Peterman. That game cost us to cross our fingers, for Andy Dalton miracle to Tyler Boyd 

-He traded away our 11th pick to the Chiefs...instead of just taking Mahomes or Watson.

- Choosing to RIP apart the roster was a little unnecessary, could have kept some of our players for 2018 if he would have just drafted Mahomes or Watson in 2017. 

- Not having a plan for our rookie QB after drafted... no O-Line, No WR's, Running game was effected because of some of the unnecessary moves. 

- The biggest one of all... Is realizing as a coaching staff McCarron wasn't going to make this roster, cuts him. Then announces Peterman as his week 1 starter, & doesn't replace a veteran presence to help both Josh & Peterman out. Those 2 pretty much had to bounce ideas & screw ups off each other before Anderson was signed. Then it took a 3rd or 4th time (I can't remember cause it just shouldn't have been that many times!!!) Of starting Peterman to realize "this kid just doesn't have the juice" to get rid of him. WOW! We were literally a joke for half the season because of the way McBeane mishandled the QB position. 

There's ways to get a QB, McDermott's way was just a little unnecessary. But I'm still in the middle. I don't like his clock management but like Allen... I think it will get better. So I don't want to ding him for that too much. I do like his core values but that doesn't mean he's a winner. Like how he gets fired up for the plays when we're struggling as a team. His heart is in the right place but so was Dick Jauron's heart. 

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

McDermott did a pretty damn good job to get this group to 6-10. Imagine what he will be able to do when we actually have legit talent.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2