[Name Only Title] Baker Mayfield

Tcali

Mayfield is already a mature,very competent QB. A winner at every level so far.So no surprise.

By far the best QB of the last draft class and is going to be an established star  QB over the next 15 yrs if his health holds up.

Well done Cleveland on the smart draft pick.

• Like (+1) 2

I feel good at the end of this year about my QB evaluations. 

I had Mayfield as the best. 

I saw Allen as second. 

Darnold looked okay to me, but nothing too special.

Jackson looked like a good player, but not much of a QB. 

And I didn't much care for Rosen. 

I feel like season one proved me well- but time will tell. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I dunno. I kind of like just being decisive, going to the line, and taking your best shot.

Yup, worked awesome.  ?

And, ironically Lamar Jackson is the rookie QB to get into the playoffs o_O

Edited by Heitz

Mayfield does look good.  I don't feel any need to bash Mayfield because we drafted Allen.  It is not a zero sum game, they can both be successful.  It's not like we passed on Mayfield and took Allen instead.   I think Mayfield is further ahead of where Allen is right now, but I believe Allen has a higher ceiling.  Hopefully Allen reaches that ceiling in the next couple of years.

Being a life long Bills fan, I can empathize with the long suffering Browns fans.  I think both of our fan bases deserve a little time in the sun.  As long as the Browns aren't playing the Bills, I wish the Browns and Mayfield good luck.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

27 passing TDs.....A new rookie record.  Per Jim Nantz and Tony Romo.  

Yeah I saw that as well crazy and Peyton manning and russel Wilson were the 2 who held the previous record with 26 and manning had a lot of INTs his rookie year. I wanted baker to the bills so bad and I hated the Allen pick but after the season has played out I do believe if he works hard he will be a savage and I think if he puts in the work the buffalo bills will be a force to reckon with. But I’m happy for baker, loved his play and competitiveness since Oklahoma 

39 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yup, worked awesome.  ?

And, ironically Lamar Jackson is the rookie QB to get into the playoffs o_O

Confirmation bias, anyone?

On the other hand, it is interesting that Lamar Jackson is the guy going to the playoffs. Not because he was the lowest drafted; that just tells me that he was drafted by the best team. Instead, because they made the playoffs after dumping their hugely paid veteran in favor of Jackson. I like to see bold moves rewarded.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.