Predictions for 2019

Foxx

predict what you think this new year will bring. specifics will help and are desired.

will the special council actually find any dirt on Trump or will they be exposed as a cover for the crimes of the previous administration?

will the House and Judiciary committee's investigation actually provide the public with evidence of wrong doing or is it merely the other side of the dog and pony show to hold them at bay?

will the swamp be drained in a meaningful way?

will Trump face impeachment?

will Pelosi become Speaker of the House or will Ocasio-Cortez?

does Schumer legally change his  name to ***** U. Schumer?

what about other areas out side of the political realm?

will there be a massive volcano eruption and blot out the Sun?

will there be a big earthquake that kills thousands of people?

does Osama bin Laden make a public appearance?

Best Buy file for Chapter 11?

more mass public shootings?

unicorns and rainbows fill the air?

how much more snow will western NY receive?

will the Bills make the playoffs?
does Allen breakout?

Edited by Foxx

My Magic 8 Ball says ...

predict what you think this new year will bring. specifics will help and are desired.

will the special council actually find any dirt on Trump or will they be exposed as a cover for the crimes of the previous administration? My reply is no.

will the House and Judiciary committee's investigation actually provide the public with evidence of wrong doing or is it merely the other side of the dog and pony show to hold them at bay? My reply is no. (they are closing and turning some over to the Senate now)

will the swamp be drained in a meaningful way? My reply is no. ? 

will Trump face impeachment? This is tough... regardless of what we think, Nancy is not politically stupid. Impeachment proceedings go no where and piss-off more than half the country, including many in her party and a ton of independents.  I am going with Cannot predict now.

will Pelosi become Speaker of the House or will Ocasio-Cortez? Hmmm the Magic 8 Ball does not have an answer for this one. My answer is Pelosi.

does Schumer legally change his  name to ***** U. SchumerMy reply is no. $#@!*&^% is a better, truer name. Let's go with that one!

will there be a massive volcano eruption and blot out the Sun? Better not tell you now.

will there be a big earthquake that kills thousands of people? Yes. ? 

does Osama bin Laden make a public appearance? My reply is no.

Best Buy file for Chapter 11?  My reply is no.

more mass public shootings? Yes. ? 

unicorns and rainbows fill the airMy sources say no.

how much more snow will western NY receive? Don't care, I am traveling south! ? (<---- that's as close to the dancing banana guy as I could find)

will the Bills make the playoffs? Yes

does Allen breakout? Yes

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Osama Bin Laden?

You think he’s dead?

Wake up sheeple!

My prediction: At the end of 2019, we will all be fine. But during most of the days of 2019, most posters here will be freaking about about Trump, Deep State, Q, immigrants, and the bad guy of the day. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

will the special council actually find any dirt on Trump or will they be exposed as a cover for the crimes of the previous administration?

The Special Counsel will not find anything on Trump.  Information on the previous administration will be leaked but neither prosecuted nor followed up in the mainstream media

will the House and Judiciary committee's investigation actually provide the public with evidence of wrong doing or is it merely the other side of the dog and pony show to hold them at bay?

Dog and pony show

will the swamp be drained in a meaningful way?

The swamp will not be drained.  However the Republican Senate will go into overdrive to confirm Federal judges in advance of the election year

will Trump face impeachment?

Democrat Backbenchers will draw up Articles of Impeachment for other Democrat Backbenchers to go on MSNBC and talk about.  No such articles will be voted on in committee.

will Pelosi become Speaker of the House or will Ocasio-Cortez?

Pelosi will be elected Speaker.  Ocasio-Cortez will be named the voice of a whiny new millenial generation by the MSM

Which Schumer are we talking about?  The Senator or the political activist that we have been told to consider humorous?

will there be a massive volcano eruption and blot out the Sun?

No, but I will drop at least one SBD capable of clearing out a room

will there be a big earthquake that kills thousands of people?

See response to volcano

does Osama bin Laden make a public appearance?

On Ancient Aliens

Best Buy file for Chapter 11?

No, but Sears will collapse

more mass public shootings?

Yes

unicorns and rainbows fill the air?

Unicorns and rainbows, no.  My SBD, yes

how much more snow will western NY receive?

Same as every year.  Too much

will the Bills make the playoffs?

No

does Allen breakout?

Allen will be limited by an inept supporting cast.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

No, but everyone accepts that he's perpetually hallucinating and out of touch with reality, and starts calling him "Chuck Shroomer."

does Allen breakout?

No, but Nathan Peterman does under Gruden.

I also predict that in 2019, Trump will tweet something stupid, Democrats will go full-goose bozo over it and call for impeachment, gatorman will call the tweet criminal (not realizing that in criminalizing stupidity he's slitting his own throat), and most people will just roll their eyes at the silliness and get on with their lives.  

I also predict that Ginsburg will become physically incapable of performing the duties of Supreme Court Justice in 2019.  But it will not stop Democrats from doing everything they possibly can to wheel her out there and keep her occupying her seat until 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I also predict that Ginsburg will become physically incapable of performing the duties of Supreme Court Justice in 2019.  But it will not stop Democrats from doing everything they possibly can to wheel her out there and keep her occupying her seat until 2020.

If anything happens to RBG within the next two years, Democrats would go full Futurama

225px-Ginsberg_and_Bjork.png

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I also predict that in 2019, Trump will tweet something stupid, Democrats will go full-goose bozo over it and call for impeachment, gatorman will call the tweet criminal (not realizing that in criminalizing stupidity he's slitting his own throat), and most people will just roll their eyes at the silliness and get on with their lives.  

Democrats push to only have SCOTUS meetings on weekends---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------at Bernie's.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

You think he’s dead?

Wake up sheeple!

My prediction: At the end of 2019, we will all be fine. But during most of the days of 2019, most posters here will be freaking about about Trump, Deep State, Q, immigrants, and the bad guy of the day

Isn't that repetitive?  Trump is the bad guy every day.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry to break back in as I was on vacation from PPP but if you want to do a prediction, do it fu#king right. 

The Oil, Inflation, Gold...will all be there this year. They are one in the same and the end result of all the cash being poured into the system. I admit the deflationary spiral is deeper for assets that I figured would not be spit up....but nobody has a choice and the ones that can buy on the cheap are the ones getting the cash infusion who don't need it to survive.

The bank holiday can happen tomorrow for all I know. You have to be aware that it is VERY possible. Either to shutdown the markets, come out with a global monetary unit, or both. We are still in waves, but have moved to the 2nd level. We went from credit lockup in July '07 to Bear in March, Freddie and Fannie in July, Lehman et al in September, AIG and dozens others in October....it was exponential in time it took between crises. Now we are having the tide rise with the automakers, retailers, shipping, municipalities......the money is not lubricating the system because engine already seized up. What the Fed is doing is pushing the car down the road by hand as we continue to lose time against our planned travel.

The hot sauce post was a bit out there....but it represented the Bible. On it's own, a bottle of Frank's sauce is not a meal and is not going to looked at fondly by all. But when there is something cooking that the Franks's can be used on.....you would be stupid to dismiss it. The chicken wings of the economy and world pecking order are cooking up real good now.

I have never made a prediction outright BECAUSE of the Bible. I used what I knew about the financial and geopolitical scenes to come up with plausible scenarios....and as those closely matched some of the prophecy in the Bible, I would be an idiot TO dismiss them. I can't claim 100% that we are in the end times, but it is so close to being confirmed by events on the brink that anyone who studied the book seriously and is a player or student in current events has to feel it is very possible. I don't consider myself a religious scholar, or even a religious person. I am not afraid to say I am a Christian though. The church as many know it is corrupt and a big reason why so many scoff. There will be a special place in hell for many of the beaurocrats of religion that were worried more about their own pleasures and powers than for the good of humanity. That's one of the reasons we need to be suspicious of pretty much anyone in power....especially as the macro situation continues to look poor.

I'm glad that everyone here looking at economic news has calmed down, including myself. I don't know the exact details of where we go from here. I think we are still on the verge of disaster at any minute. The job losses are coming from all over and credit lines are being cut to consumers now. I bet you there are multiple people reading this thread that have had a credit line reduced on a card. I know I have, and I know people that have been shut down with no warning. There is going to be no way out of this other than to blow the whole thing up. That, after those with "real" money have taken control of all the major asset classes out there. 

I still have a March deadline for the "other shoe to drop". We are going to see one or multiple of the following happen by March....and plenty of them happen over the next few years in my opinion.

Odds of any of the following by 2012:

War in Israel/Iran/Syria/Lebanon (chemical, bio or nukes used) (1-1)
War in Pakistan with thousands of US forces (3-1)
Russian invasion of Baltics and possible US staredown (2-1)
Terrorist attack in the US much bigger than 9/11 (1-1)
China moves on Taiwan (6-1)

Flu/Viral Pandemic (10-1)
Continued increase in major earthquakes in US and World (1-1) 
Possible meteor strike or solar event much beyond normal (10-1)

Financial market closure for multiple days (1-1)
Default of COMEX as gold is taken in physical delivery (3-1)
A new monitary unit used in the US in place of or conjunction with the dollar (3-1)
Bank Holiday (2-1)
Civil Unrest and Domestic troops on ground in multiple cities (4-1)
Institution of Military draft in US (6-1)
Institution of forced civil service in US (3-1)

The odds of all that happening is close to 1 billion to 1.......even at odds that are much reduced from what anyone else would probably put them at. Most of these are probably 100-1 or 1,000,000-1 shots in people's minds anyway.

My odds say 4 or 5 of these events happen in the next 4 years. We shall see. And as future reference, the end times will take 7 years to play out. If we usher them in this year.....you have until 2015 for the final battle. 2012 would put us at the midpoint where the Antichrist is at his peak power.

My Christmas gift to Tom. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I will play for real. This is a fun idea. 

Trump is president

There is no impeachment

Trump appoints 2 SC justices 

-- More than one Dem head literally explodes

No new wars

Both sides declare a win on wall funding 

Both sides claim victory in results of Mueller probe

Leading candidates for Dems by year end are O'Rourke, Booker, and Warren

Flake or Kasich announce candidacy for Rs

At least 1 of SecDef, SecState, Chief of Staff, AG will be replaced (even after the ones who are coming now)

Dow ends 2019 roughly the same

None of the alternative currencies like Bitcoin do crap and most have a laugh remembering when

Q's storm will not yet arrive but the next election will be a conspiracy ***** (the filter does not like oh are gee why...funny) and the PPP boyz will be in high gear

Bills are a playoff team

The Bills starting RB is not on the team on Jan 1, 2019

Patriots win the division

Deranged Rhino still won't quote my posts because he thinks I'm a paid Deep State operative

DC Tom will call someone an idiot (Forgive me: I need a few gimmes)

4merperformer will still be on his crusade that Andrew Luck sucks because he's not Michael Jordan, or something

Adding one extreme prediction for fun: Late in the year, Trump announces (I don't need to predict his medium do I) that he's had the most successful 4-year presidency in history and he won't be running for re-election, throwing the election process into utter chaos

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Two more Supreme Court openings would make Democrat heads explode.  That would be almost half the Supreme Court nominated by Trump

RBG and Thomas would be my guess, and yes to making Dems heads explode. I will add that.

Imagine a Senate confirmation with candidates Warren, Booker, and Harris. Hahaha.

Edited by BeginnersMind

20 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

RBG and Thomas would be my guess, and yes to making Dems heads explode. I will add that.

Imagine a Senate confirmation with candidates Warren, Booker, and Harris. Hahaha.

I really want one of the appointments to come during the summer of 2020 when Dems are hysterically invoking the Garland example.   Nothing better than watching Dems choke on someone else's hypocrisy since they are so incapable of recognizing their own. 

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I really want one of the appointments to come during the summer of 2020 when Dems are hysterically invoking the Garland example.   Nothing better than watching Dems choke on someone else's hypocrisy since they are so incapable of recognizing their own. 

They won't have the ability to do it but they surely will make the argument.

Edited by BeginnersMind

I predict that the hours of daylight in the US will increase for nearly all of the first six months of the year, but following that a gradual decreasing of the hours of daylight will take place for almost the entire last six months of the year. This will be more pronounced in northern states like Maine and Alaska, but less so in some southern states such as  Florida. 

7 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I predict that the hours of daylight in the US will increase for nearly all of the first six months of the year, but following that a gradual decreasing of the hours of daylight will take place for almost the entire last six months of the year. This will be more pronounced in northern states like Maine and Alaska, but less so in some southern states such as  Florida. 

I predict the Moon will turn to blood within a month and Sun will be blotted from the sky in half a year

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

There is only one thing I can accurately predict for the next year: a louder, more shrill leftist meltdown about everything Trump because the left is ridiculously convinced that their meltdown helps their chances in 2020.

But it will help their chances unfortunately IMO.  We have a President who is facing historical political and media opposition on everything from his affairs of years ago to his wife's choice of holiday decor.  What might be good policy is almost completely drowned out in terms of public message.  Trump has declared war on the media and the media (dozens and dozens of outlets) are making a business from waging a war against him while conspiring with his opposition party.  The President has an arsenal of weapons but almost exclusively chooses twitter for every battle.  No President that I can recall (possible exception Nixon in his 2nd term) has faced greater opposition.  The constant hourly attacks on Trump will certainly take its toll.  It may make his base even more determined but his most loyal base is too small and he's already likely lost many of the voters that won him the office.  This is politics and media bias at its absolute worst. As ugly as it is, it's a winning formula for the left in my view. 

Nixon, Clinton and Bush 2 faced their greatest political challenges in the 2nd terms.  Carter in his first.  Trump I think will go down in 2020 much like Carter did in spite of some of Trump's policy wins.

Too many American voters are not tuned in well enough to have their political priorities in order or to look critically at media reporting and government performance. 

Edited by keepthefaith

5 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

There is only one thing I can accurately predict for the next year: a louder, more shrill leftist meltdown about everything Trump because the left is ridiculously convinced that their meltdown helps their chances in 2020.

Your system is brilliant on stalling and grinding out progress, trying to stop unwise knee jerk reactions, and overriding them with the next admin

And the voters even out things every two years

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I'd laugh my ass off if that happened, and McConnell pointed out that since they made such a ruckus in 2016 about the Biden Rule, he choose to bow to their wishes and disregard it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

Your best friend is a pedophile.

Happy new year douchebag 

Wow, what a dazzling comeback. Your intellect is truly amazing to behold.

Happy New Year to you as well, numbnuts.

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Has anybody predicted that Tiberius will become the new pool boy complete with back rubbing privileges at Hillary's Chappaqua estate.  Bill will be out of the picture as his "depression" will cause him to go on a prolonged sabbatical to Thailand.

Yes, but he still has all those free miles from The Lolita Express so he doesn't have to ask Hillary for airfare.

The only things I can predict for certain in 2019 are:

1. Evidence of numerous crimes, the likes of which have never been seen levied against a United States President, will be presented by Mueller and the state of New York against Trump.

2. His fanatical followers will continue to scream that none of it is true and that it is nothing but a conspiracy against their pathological liar, being orchestrated by The Deep State, the Clintons, Obama, Vince Foster, and the Easter Bunny.

As Trump once said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters". That is one thing thing he was right about.

If there is something amusing about all this it is that his defenders are in truth, the ones who incoherently scream the loudest and the craziest about all of it, while constantly calling the other side hysterical. This behavior mimics Trump's own constant behavior of accusing people of doing things that he is doing. 

Then again, Obama did wear a tan suit.

• Haha (+1) 1