Predictions for 2019

Foxx

The Left Will Make 2019 a Dark Year

by Dennis Prager

I rarely make predictions -- whether of election results or anything else. My policy has always been to say what I believe should be done, not what will be done.

I am making an exception with regard to America in 2019.

2019 will be a dark year in America.

Thanks to the left's control of the House of Representatives and the news media, Americans will be kept in a fevered state throughout 2019 -- with innumerable hearings, exposes, criminal investigations and possible indictments of those around the president and the president himself. Truth will not be the point. Defamation will. Anything that might muddy the president, no matter how spurious, no matter how thin the evidence, will be pursued with gusto. The media will drop "bombshell" after "bombshell." If lives and careers are ruined, so much the better; no one should be associating with this president anyway, as far as the left is concerned. The Robert Mueller investigation into alleged "collusion" between the Trump campaign and the Russian government -- which has led to guilty pleas and imprisonment of people around President Trump for offenses having nothing to do with such collusion -- is a preview of what lies ahead.

The goal of the left to weaken, disable and impeach the president is the heart of its mission to undo the 2016 presidential election. If the Republicans had done anything comparable during the Obama administration, the Democrats and the media would not only have charged Republicans with racism -- as they labeled all criticism of Barack Obama -- they would have howled "fascism." And, for once, they wouldn't have been far from the truth. The misuse of government institutions for political ends is indeed a fascist tactic. But because most media serve as the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party, there will be no protest from the media, only support.

{snip}

From the French Revolution to this day, the two great aims of the left have been promising utopia to the malcontented and accumulating as much power as possible. All moral values are subservient to these goals. After all, what could be more important than "social justice" (the left's term for everything it advocates); "equality" (of result); women's liberation from the "sexist oppression" of the "patriarchy"; combating "white privilege"; fighting the "rape culture" that pervades campuses; saving life on planet Earth from the "existential threat" to it; "resistance" to the "authoritarian," "fascist," "white supremacist," "racist" Trump administration; supplanting national identities and institutions with a "world citizen" identity and international institutions; and undoing the most fundamental built-in identity of the human race, that of male and female, in the name of transgender rights?

Compared with almost any country, America is freer; gives its people more opportunities to economically advance; is less racist, xenophobic and anti-Semitic; has a friendlier population; has less corruption; and has far more medical innovation. Yet this coming year, the left, the Democratic Party and the media will continue purveying the lie that the Trump administration is fascist, racist and authoritarian and poses a mortal threat to American democracy. (Given all this Trumpian fascism, how exactly did the Republicans lose the House?)

Thanks to Democratic control of the House of Representatives, the left will use the levers of government to keep the American people in a constant state of agitation. The only thing the left hates more than a happy population is losing elections. And it knows the two are linked -- because happy and grateful Americans rarely vote Democrat. The road to Democrat victories lies in convincing women, blacks, Hispanics, Jews and young people to be as unhappy, ungrateful and angry as possible -- in the greatest country ever made.

That is the left's agenda for 2019.

Nevertheless, in wishing a happy new year to my fellow Americans, I hope I'm wrong.

https://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2019/01/01/the-left-will-make-2019-a-dark-year-n2538310

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Left Will Make 2019 a Dark Year

by Dennis Prager

I rarely make predictions -- whether of election results or anything else. My policy has always been to say what I believe should be done, not what will be done.

I am making an exception with regard to America in 2019.

2019 will be a dark year in America.

Thanks to the left's control of the House of Representatives and the news media, Americans will be kept in a fevered state throughout 2019 -- with innumerable hearings, exposes, criminal investigations and possible indictments of those around the president and the president himself. Truth will not be the point. Defamation will. Anything that might muddy the president, no matter how spurious, no matter how thin the evidence, will be pursued with gusto. The media will drop "bombshell" after "bombshell." If lives and careers are ruined, so much the better; no one should be associating with this president anyway, as far as the left is concerned. The Robert Mueller investigation into alleged "collusion" between the Trump campaign and the Russian government -- which has led to guilty pleas and imprisonment of people around President Trump for offenses having nothing to do with such collusion -- is a preview of what lies ahead.

The goal of the left to weaken, disable and impeach the president is the heart of its mission to undo the 2016 presidential election. If the Republicans had done anything comparable during the Obama administration, the Democrats and the media would not only have charged Republicans with racism -- as they labeled all criticism of Barack Obama -- they would have howled "fascism." And, for once, they wouldn't have been far from the truth. The misuse of government institutions for political ends is indeed a fascist tactic. But because most media serve as the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party, there will be no protest from the media, only support.

{snip}

From the French Revolution to this day, the two great aims of the left have been promising utopia to the malcontented and accumulating as much power as possible. All moral values are subservient to these goals. After all, what could be more important than "social justice" (the left's term for everything it advocates); "equality" (of result); women's liberation from the "sexist oppression" of the "patriarchy"; combating "white privilege"; fighting the "rape culture" that pervades campuses; saving life on planet Earth from the "existential threat" to it; "resistance" to the "authoritarian," "fascist," "white supremacist," "racist" Trump administration; supplanting national identities and institutions with a "world citizen" identity and international institutions; and undoing the most fundamental built-in identity of the human race, that of male and female, in the name of transgender rights?

Compared with almost any country, America is freer; gives its people more opportunities to economically advance; is less racist, xenophobic and anti-Semitic; has a friendlier population; has less corruption; and has far more medical innovation. Yet this coming year, the left, the Democratic Party and the media will continue purveying the lie that the Trump administration is fascist, racist and authoritarian and poses a mortal threat to American democracy. (Given all this Trumpian fascism, how exactly did the Republicans lose the House?)

Thanks to Democratic control of the House of Representatives, the left will use the levers of government to keep the American people in a constant state of agitation. The only thing the left hates more than a happy population is losing elections. And it knows the two are linked -- because happy and grateful Americans rarely vote Democrat. The road to Democrat victories lies in convincing women, blacks, Hispanics, Jews and young people to be as unhappy, ungrateful and angry as possible -- in the greatest country ever made.

That is the left's agenda for 2019.

Nevertheless, in wishing a happy new year to my fellow Americans, I hope I'm wrong.

https://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2019/01/01/the-left-will-make-2019-a-dark-year-n2538310

We

ll

, t

hat

wa

s a

fu

n r

ead

! ?

Truth will not be the point. Defamation will. Anything that might muddy the president, no matter how spurious, no matter how thin the evidence, will be pursued with gusto. The media will drop "bombshell" after "bombshell." If lives and careers are ruined, so much the better; no one should be associating with this president anyway, as far as the left is concerned.

So the left is going to turn 2019 in a year-long Kavanaugh hearing?

Interesting plan.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:03 AM, LABillzFan said:

There is only one thing I can accurately predict for the next year: a louder, more shrill leftist meltdown about everything Trump because the left is ridiculously convinced that their meltdown helps their chances in 2020.

Their big chance right here! Isn't she great? So relatable. I predict she will be on the late night circuit being all cool and "one of us" probably recreating her beer drinking event to the roars of the echo chamber.  I wonder if she even remembers that she is half native American? Possibly be interpreted as being insensitive to the history of alcohol abuse within that community.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dante said:

Their big chance right here! Isn't she great? So relatable. I predict she will be on the late night circuit being all cool and "one of us" probably recreating her beer drinking event to the roars of the echo chamber.  I wonder if she even remembers that she is half native American? Possibly be interpreted as being insensitive to the history of alcohol abuse within that community.

Hadn't watched the video before, had just seen the screen capture of her with the bottle in her mouth.  Surprised nobody's given her flack for the little 'how' hand sign she gives after the 1st sip.

Quite the Dukakis moment.  Has a presidential bid ever imploded like this in the very 1st week?

59 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Senate confirmation for RBG's replacement will make Kavanaugh's look like a Hallmark movie.

Especially if Trump nominates a woman. Slut-shaming galore from the party of tolerance and #metoo.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, Dante said:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 12/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, /dev/null said:

will the special council actually find any dirt on Trump or will they be exposed as a cover for the crimes of the previous administration?

The Special Counsel will not find anything on Trump.  Information on the previous administration will be leaked but neither prosecuted nor followed up in the mainstream media

will the House and Judiciary committee's investigation actually provide the public with evidence of wrong doing or is it merely the other side of the dog and pony show to hold them at bay?

Dog and pony show

will the swamp be drained in a meaningful way?

The swamp will not be drained.  However the Republican Senate will go into overdrive to confirm Federal judges in advance of the election year

will Trump face impeachment?

Democrat Backbenchers will draw up Articles of Impeachment for other Democrat Backbenchers to go on MSNBC and talk about.  No such articles will be voted on in committee. (Half right about this, Trump was impeached but the House did not pass the articles to the Senate)

will Pelosi become Speaker of the House or will Ocasio-Cortez?

Pelosi will be elected Speaker.  Ocasio-Cortez will be named the voice of a whiny new millenial generation by the MSM

does Schumer legally change his  name to ***** U. Schumer?

Which Schumer are we talking about?  The Senator or the political activist that we have been told to consider humorous?

what about other areas out side of the political realm?

will there be a massive volcano eruption and blot out the Sun?

No, but I will drop at least one SBD capable of clearing out a room

will there be a big earthquake that kills thousands of people?

See response to volcano

does Osama bin Laden make a public appearance?

On Ancient Aliens

Best Buy file for Chapter 11?

No, but Sears will collapse

more mass public shootings?

Yes

unicorns and rainbows fill the air?

Unicorns and rainbows, no.  My SBD, yes

how much more snow will western NY receive?

Same as every year.  Too much

will the Bills make the playoffs?

No

does Allen breakout?

Allen will be limited by an inept supporting cast.

Sorry to toot my own horn here, but I was fairly accurate. 

beep-beep

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/30/2018 at 4:30 PM, Kemp said:

The only things I can predict for certain in 2019 are:

1. Evidence of numerous crimes, the likes of which have never been seen levied against a United States President, will be presented by Mueller and the state of New York against Trump.

2. His fanatical followers will continue to scream that none of it is true and that it is nothing but a conspiracy against their pathological liar, being orchestrated by The Deep State, the Clintons, Obama, Vince Foster, and the Easter Bunny.

As Trump once said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters". That is one thing thing he was right about.

If there is something amusing about all this it is that his defenders are in truth, the ones who incoherently scream the loudest and the craziest about all of it, while constantly calling the other side hysterical. This behavior mimics Trump's own constant behavior of accusing people of doing things that he is doing. 

Then again, Obama did wear a tan suit.

?????

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'll never get over the utter failure of our leadership and troops for not ending the WW2 war in Europe by Christmas of '44. What a wasted endeavor!

Yeah, they kinda sucked.

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'll never get over the utter failure of our leadership and troops for not ending the WW2 war in Europe by Christmas of '44. What a wasted endeavor!

It's because Eisenhower secretly supported the Nazis.  Why do you think he stopped after liberating France, and didn't start moving again until after the Soviets overran Prussia, Pomerania, and Posen?  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

On 12/31/2019 at 3:46 PM, /dev/null said:

Sorry to toot my own horn here, but I was fairly accurate. 

beep-beep

No faith in the Bills though.  Somebody should start a 2020 predictions thread.  BTW....whatever happened to the Dude?