How much coffee is too much coffee?

On 12/29/2018 at 3:31 PM, Augie said:

It doesn’t phase my mother, sleeps like a baby! Of course, she used to sleep AT Bills games....

she may have narcolepsy

On 12/29/2018 at 5:30 PM, row_33 said:

coffee and apple cider vinegar have been great helps in clearing out the back, when required

yeah but imagine drinking it ?

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I drink the stuff straight black all day. Probably average 8-10 cups. Three before noon is fine.

after 6pm it's a spin of the wheel, just like booze, on how I'll react or get to sleep

being in a very positive mood helps ease the ingestion

I usually can tell by my overall heart rate--it's been eyeopening to me how much variance in my BPM ever since I started wearing a smartwatch that tracks that sort of thing, even if I couldn't physically always tell. I average 12-16oz. before noon, and maybe one more 8-12oz. cup in the afternoon if I need a pickup, but no matter what I always need that 1st cup to really get going in the morning. 

It's too much when you get palpatations or can't sleep at night.  

Plus, three cups of black coffee is different from three cups of coffee loaded with sugar and cream.  The latter is unhealthier than the former.  

It appears once you reach the age of 65, you gain a superpower of being able to drink black coffee all day with every meal no matter what's being served.  

27 minutes ago, dpberr said:

It's too much when you get palpatations or can't sleep at night.  

Plus, three cups of black coffee is different from three cups of coffee loaded with sugar and cream.  The latter is unhealthier than the former.  

It appears once you reach the age of 65, you gain a superpower of being able to drink black coffee all day with every meal no matter what's being served.  

240g of sugar or high fructose corn syrup a day isn't healthy?

no calories or sugar in black coffee (they do mix sweetener into the crappy beans sold at low-end franchises...)

16 hours ago, Pete said:

dang coffeeheads

I drink 2 normal sized "mugs" of coffee every morning, mostly to help wake up, then never drink coffee at any other time during the day or night.  I never finish a nice dinner out with coffee, for example.

But I have friends who will drink a coffee at any time during the day or night, and frequently drink it throughout the day.  

I just can't do that!

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I drink 2 normal sized "mugs" of coffee every morning, mostly to help wake up, then never drink coffee at any other time during the day or night.  I never finish a nice dinner out with coffee, for example.

But I have friends who will drink a coffee at any time during the day or night, and frequently drink it throughout the day.  

I just can't do that!

I belong to later and try and keep my coffees to under 4 cups(16oz) a day.  And for that reason I do not own a coffee maker.  I drink up iced green tea to supplement.  I read one should drink 2 cups water for each cup coffee(I've been running deficits for decades)

Switching to black this new year. Seems like it'll help cut out the sugars, hopefully making it less harmful? 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I belong to later and try and keep my coffees to under 4 cups(16oz) a day.  And for that reason I do not own a coffee maker.  I drink up iced green tea to supplement.  I read one should drink 2 cups water for each cup coffee(I've been running deficits for decades)

Why? 

Despite popular believe, coffee does in fact hydrate despite being a diruetic.