Full Moon Lunacy

TBBills Fan

The Full moon is tomorrow I believe.  Now I know many dont put stock in things astrological that cant be truly measured.....

but.....

I find and believe the full moon (day before up to 2 days after) causes people to lose their minds or push them over the edge.

So first responders...those that work in hospitals, police officers, paramedics and those that work with the public...have you noticed an uptick in events and occurences every month during the full moon?

• Like (+1) 2

Yes.  Today someone was shot and murdered in a gas store robbery close by.  And to quote from Home Alone I live on the boringest street in the United States of America where nothing remotely dangerous will ever happen.  

Even before this incident I do believe a full moon increases this type of behavior 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Send lawyers for the future court cases, guns because you know Zevon’s old man was a tad Purple, and money to pay off when things go South.  Explains perfectly well how bat crap crazy people get during a full moon guess they are just excitable boys and girls. 

Full moon so close to Christmas; glad not to endure the retail level of craziness.  Nothing like seeing someone spitting chew on display products (and denying it) or soomeone being so wasted they piss on a store wall.  Got to say at least nobody has ever crapped on a store sales floor that I have worked on. 

RN here.

Absolutely the full man makes people bonkers.  Many elderly have what’s called “sundowners” - get more confused and tough to handle at night.  But full moon crazy is in a category by itself.  Definite incresae in patients punching, biting, fighting, wandering, yelling.  Honestly, you can feel an overall increased tension sometimes, even with younger patients.

• Thank you (+1) 2

A superstitious belief in medieval Europe was that changes in the moon's phases could cause madness or insanity in certain people. Thus those showing mentally unstable behavior, particularly those deemed violent in nature, were branded as 'afflicted by the moon', moon-sick, or lunatic (from Latin Luna for Moon).

If it’s on the internet, it must be true

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

A superstitious belief in medieval Europe was that changes in the moon's phases could cause madness or insanity in certain people. Thus those showing mentally unstable behavior, particularly those deemed violent in nature, were branded as 'afflicted by the moon', moon-sick, or lunatic (from Latin Luna for Moon).

If it’s on the internet, it must be true

Not quite a superstition.  The moon goes thru a cycle every 28 days.  Women also go thru a 28 day cycle and can get crazy at the apex of their cycle

• Haha (+1) 2