So I put in an offer on a house today

Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

And now, first good rain, I can hear what sounds like a slow drip in the ceiling. I love owning a home. 

Over about a 6 or 7 year period, I’ve had my ceiling re-done 3 times, have had 3 separate contractors do roof work, and had a mason rebuilt my chimney all in search of water getting in somewhere. Probably 12+ grand later I’m sitting here looking at a big warped & cracked paint area around a light fixture in our living room. I’m done trying, it will be the next owners problem. 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

congrats!

i'm a bit jealous after reading the tax situation....  

YEAR PROPERTY TAXES   TAX ASSESSMENT  
2017 $231   $1,500

certainly isn't NY taxes :lol:

Whole different league than NY.

New Orleans has a strong, vibrant industrial economy.  Heck it's one of the busiest ports in the country (short tons). Sure, NY-NJ is up there, but with NOLA coupled with S.Louisiana... It blows the rest of the country away.  New York has a whole state dragging it down.

It's industry that bouys the team, economy. Natural resources and location, location, location.

Yet... Louisiana has the highest sales tax in the country:

23041500-mmmain.png

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, NoSaint said:

That certainly won’t be his tax situation after it gets revalued in the system from vacant lot in sketchy area to new house in up and coming area 

Hi, Buzzkill.  I'm Gugny.  Nice to meet ya!!!

21 hours ago, Just Jack said:

And now, first good rain, I can hear what sounds like a slow drip in the ceiling. I love owning a home. 

They had a walk thru of our last house in FL the night before closing. We got a call saying “it’s raining in 2 of your bedrooms!” No, that can’t be, they have NEVER leaked! Turns out the wind was blowing so hard the rain came in sideways and sure enough.....rained into 2 bedrooms. A banker buddy had the same thing happen in a branch that had never leaked before. 

FORTUNATELY, it was a relocation, so the day before we transferred the property to the relo company (so we didn’t have to pay commission, closing costs, etc.). They said “that’s our problem, we own it now” and ate the $5k to fix the roof and water damage. Close call! 

Sorry for the thread hijack. 

I was looking at my at my bank account yesterday and was wondering why my mortgage loan disappeared from my account list. Today I found out, it was sold to another bank, less than 20 days after our closing. This combined with the water I could hear in the attic, plus the water we found in the basement last night, and some hammering pipes, is really pissing me off. 

First thing monday I’ll be calling my credit union and telling them since they don’t want my business after being a customer for over 15 years, I may go elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I was looking at my at my bank account yesterday and was wondering why my mortgage loan disappeared from my account list. Today I found out, it was sold to another bank, less than 20 days after our closing. This combined with the water I could hear in the attic, plus the water we found in the basement last night, and some hammering pipes, is really pissing me off. 

First thing monday I’ll be calling my credit union and telling them since they don’t want my business after being a customer for over 15 years, I may go elsewhere. 

My credit union sold it with in 60 days.  Payments still go through them.  

On 12/22/2018 at 10:31 AM, Just Jack said:

Credit unions blow. I quit mine after 15 years.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:31 AM, Just Jack said:

It's an investment for the CU too.  Selling your loan will allow them to lend to another and so on...

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Choosing to focus on the positive, Mr. Met.  I also offer thoughts and prayers to Jack.

I was being lighthearted, of course - and, yes, I'm hoping for the best for both gentlemen!

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, Just Jack said:

We had a leek in a rented storage unit and when we told the operator of the unit he said he would fix it with "Through the Roof."   He said it was the best product he had ever used for fixing leeks.

Maybe you bought the house that failed our inspection.  Is it in Liverpool?