OLine looked good today!?

Bakin

51 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Few people are faster to piss in your cheerios after a win than an online Bills fan.

Well done.  Don't forget to kick the dog on your way to bed.

Damn, some of you people are just miserable asshats. :lol:

Thank you. LA still blows.

I will take the win, but the Lions were getting to Josh rushing 3, that ain't good. Dawkins had his typical hold and what do they have to do to get him to understand how deep he can be on a screen before he is an ineligible receiver downfield. Been flagged enough for it and killed enough gains from screens.

There were times they held up enough for Josh to go through his progressions and they made his strike to Foster possible. Will give them one, but have not budged on that unit needing an infusion of talent and better coaching.

Edited by WideNine

13 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Thank you. LA still blows.

:lol:

I was just listening to the legendary Stones PPV/FM broadcast show from Hampton, VA 1981 the other day. All through the show between songs, Mick would give shout-outs to all the cities showing the PPV. Right before (I think) Beast of Burden, Mick says "I ain't forgetting Los Angeles neither." and someone in the crowd yells out "***** Los Angeles!" :lol: My 2nd favorite moment of the night behind Keef hitting the stage-crasher in the head with his guitar during Satisfaction. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

I felt like we were getting dominated running the ball through 3 quarters mostly in the trenches. Granted we didn't have RBs.. but I don't think they had a great overall game based on that drawback.

(in my very uneducated opinion on OL evaluation)

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

Who did the play again the lowly lions. Will see next week

Felt like the lowly lions were dominating in the trenches when we were on offense through most of the game too. We commented on it a lot in the game. Didn't see a good OL game IMO.

I don't know one play I remember they had a 3 and out and on 2nd down it looked like Teller pulled and whiffed on a guy that shut down a run in the backfield. Then on 3rd whoever was on the right end let there guy breeze buy and he caught Allen trying to escape to the left.

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

It wasn’t their worst week this season but no, they did not play “good”.

They played good by their standards. Which isn't objectively "good". Still a liability running and JA as always made them look better otherwise.

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Other than a few stupid penalties, was it my imagination or did the line look fierce today?  Gave Josh a lot of time back there??

and this Ford kid looked good n shifty!

Beg to differ.  They couldn't create holes for the Running Game.   Since  Josh stayed in the pocket for most of the game, they were not asked to do too much.   

Matt Patricia schemed to try and prevent giving up big yards to Josh Allen on the ground.  It is a given that if the defense schemes to take one thing away, they will do something else less well.  The trick is for the quarterback to be able to discern what the defense is doing and the offense to take advantage.  Patricia did it because he was testing whether or not Josh Allen could pass effectively enough to win the game.  He did. 

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Matt Patricia schemed to try and prevent giving up big yards to Josh Allen on the ground.  It is a given that if the defense schemes to take one thing away, they will do something else less well.  The trick is for the quarterback to be able to discern what the defense is doing and the offense to take advantage.  Patricia did it because he was testing whether or not Josh Allen could pass effectively enough to win the game.  He did. 

The big takeaway is that our young QB has figured out how to create tons of time for himself in the pocket by showing run. 

3 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

The Lions played a spy on Josh all day which allowed a bit of extra time (a nice luxury to have for us!), but the line did a good job executing nonetheless!

Not all day.   But they did keep a LB or dropping Dlineman frequently in the middle of the field.   I hope they keep that Chan style 5 wide/empty set in the gameplan for the Pats game.  TE or slot guy drags the middle open if josh wants to run.   He didnt need to today but I like that new formation.

We ran it like 4 or 5 times.  Daboll trusting the kid more and more.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

Mills is a scrub turnstile. Teller is a  very green rookie, Miller got pulled (i think) 

Dawkins? Hoping for a stud LT in the draft. 

they were awesome.

OT Jonah Williams

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/01/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-jonah-williams/

11 hours ago, Bakin said:

Other than a few stupid penalties, was it my imagination or did the line look fierce today?  Gave Josh a lot of time back there??

and this Ford kid looked good n shifty!

Don’t think the o-line was all that good - the Lions defense played a lot of spy coverage and did not come after Allen much at all.

It was similar to what the Pats and Jets used to do to Tyrod - rush/contain the QB and have a guy ready to spy and try to force him to beat you from the pocket.

The difference was Allen completed some passes including the long TD to win.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Few people are faster to piss in your cheerios after a win than an online Bills fan.

Well done.  Don't forget to kick the dog on your way to bed.

Damn, some of you people are just miserable asshats. :lol:

Some are not fans, they are anti-fans.  Sort of like comics  - Spider-Man is a hero, the Punisher is a anti-hero.

38 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Don’t think the o-line was all that good - the Lions defense played a lot of spy coverage and did not come after Allen much at all.

It was similar to what the Pats and Jets used to do to Tyrod - rush/contain the QB and have a guy ready to spy and try to force him to beat you from the pocket.

The difference was Allen completed some passes including the long TD to win.  

You could see on many occasions where the guys coming off the edge would slow down a lot once they engaged with our tackles.  They wanted to keep Allen in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1