Dolphins 21 Bills 17 Postgame Thread

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Philips was being a clown the whole day---after McD warned his to STFU.  

Bills release O'Leary and he's not acting the fool on the field.

And people criticize happy clap for letting super talented players with chippy character issues go and sign guys who lead bible study groups with only average talent... 

Coach is not the issue. We are a work in progress. Only superpowers overcome Vegas. La Cosa Nostra is real, and runs all of pro sports, as evidenced today.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, par73 said:

Mainly Bulldog--- and he is correct. A better throw, and odds are it would have been caught. Could it have been caught? Sure, but Clay is not a guy that makes great plays on the ball.

The pass was bad but on target. The diving, lunging stab by the worthless Clay was worse.

18 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

My favorite non-flag was when Allen was RKOed. What was yours? 

I liked how the refs pretended like they might do something on that then came back and were like "Oh no we were just talking about the game clock what did something happen to your QB?"

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

He was in front...the WR ran thru him. Milano didn't impede him. You want to call that then how do you not call the one committed against Zay Jones on the last drive? Making a tackle BEFORE the ball arrives is "making a play for the ball"?? Go back and watch it. It's not even debatable no matter what your interpretation of interference is. It's textbook PI.

Yup, the DB had his arms wrapped around Jones Nd not reaching out for the ball, should have been PI. I would bet the refs didnt trhow the flag because they assumed he made the catch and decided to let it go, then found out it wasnt a catch and going to be reviewed so they couldn't go back on it. 

1 minute ago, par73 said:

Mainly Bulldog--- and he is correct. A better throw, and odds are it would have been caught. Could it have been caught? Sure, but Clay is not a guy that makes great plays on the ball.

Allen was running for his life and throwing across the field , that was a great throw under the circumstances and hit Clay in the hands , it should have been caught.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

McDermott should've pulled him earlier. Phillips was letting his emotions get the best of him but there was no penalty on that particular play. There are much more egregious celebrations than that. His clapping at the Miami sidelines on the following play was far worse and not called.

It would have gotten him tossed.

HE tackled the guy lifted up his heel as he was getting up and tossed it.  It was intentional, like a stopover

Just now, tcampbell104 said:

allen was running for his life

He had already cleared the trouble by avoiding Dolphin defenders, the easiest part of the play for him should have been making the better throw they as it was mentioned to the wide open Clay as Allen alluded to below.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They aren't wrong about that even though Clay could have made a play for him. 

When the ball is in both your hands, you catch it. It’s called being a starting NFL caliber receiver.

He three from a bad angle, with bad mechanics and still put us in a position to win. There will be years of this to come as it is who he is as a QB

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I liked how the refs pretended like they might do something on that then came back and were like "Oh no we were just talking about the game clock what did something happen to your QB?"

oooooo that was a good one. 

calling jerry hughes a B word is text-book topping off the job 

4 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

And people criticize happy clap for letting super talented players with chippy character issues go and sign guys who lead bible study groups with only average talent... 

Coach is not the issue. We are a work in progress. Only superpowers overcome Vegas. La Cosa Nostra is real, and runs all of pro sports, as evidenced today.

Oh man...

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Watching Josh in this PC makes me very optimistic.  My takeaway from this game is that JA showed ability to see the field better than I've seen so far.  Yes, he missed some throws in the first half, but kept fighting & led the team.  If not for some bad calls and if WR's make a play in a couple different situations, this would be a memorable win.

Then in the PC, JA showed me how much he cares, how much he believes in accountability and in his teammates. 

I know some will disagree, but for me, we have winner.  Good times are ahead.

Edited by Cugalabanza
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

When the ball is in both your hands, you catch it. It’s called being a starting NFL caliber receiver.

When the ball is in your hand as the QB make a good throw especially to a TE who isn't known for making great plays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He had already cleared the trouble by avoiding Dolphin defenders, the easiest part of the play for him should have been making the better throw they as it was mentioned to the wide open Clay as Allen alluded to below.

he threw a catchable ball

• Like (+1) 1