TNF thread - Cowboys vs Saints

stuvian

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Refs decided to take over the fate of the game.

Just awful. 

I just don’t know how they call that PI but not the early one on the thomas play that was reviewed, for instance. Uneven crew (instances going both ways)

4 minutes ago, davspo said:

At the end of the day, poor officiating may be the downfall of this league- overall it’s as embarrassing as what happened here on Sunday.

It’s pretty much every game I happen to watch. The NFL officiating, viewed wholly, is a travesty. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

The dude got drilled in the ear hole and was stumbling getting up. It was honestly surprising to see him in the game.

I’m sure the docs checked him out. Or at least I hope they did.

• Like (+1) 1

There just isn’t anything worse in sports then nfl officiating. Even this ***** Pererra that was the head of officials, saying at this stage they will probably review it? He doesn’t know turnovers are automatically reviewed? How ***** useless are these guys? The Bills game last week was completely ruined by the refs. I’m glad it worked out at the end firbus, but most of this isnt even football. Godell needs to sit down with these guys and tell them to let Football happen and stop calling every little goddamn thing

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2

Man, were those refs bad.

And another observation - while I have been able to tuck away my Cowboys hate for most of the past 20 years, it always surprises me how it’s right there under the surface after games like this.  Guess that will never go away.

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’ve read numerous posts saying that no defense will be able to stop the Rams, Chiefs, and Saints; that defense is passé. 

Defensive football says, “hello, and hold my beer.”

You forgot "Fire Beane and McDermott, the league has passed them by!"

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

Man, were those refs bad.

And another observation - while I have been able to tuck away my Cowboys hate for most of the past 20 years, it always surprises me how it’s right there under the surface after games like this.  Guess that will never go away.

And it’s not even over-officiating, which is the common problem (even though the late PI call was bogus.) 

Here, you had the refs missing two blatant calls late in the game, one of which is supposed to be a “point of emphasis” for the officials! The helmet-first missile into Kamara’s head. Nothing. The clear facemask on Dak. Nothing. It really is killing a lot of the enjoyment of the game, for me at least.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

And it’s not even over-officiating, which is the common problem (even though the late PI call was bogus.) 

Here, you had the refs missing two blatant calls late in the game, one of which is supposed to be a “point of emphasis” for the officials! The helmet-first missile into Kamara’s head. Nothing. The clear facemask on Dak. Nothing. It really is killing a lot of the enjoyment of the game, for me at least.

They missed calls for and against both sides. However, I’d rather watch a game with a lot less yellow laundry on the field than more. The PI call late was pretty bad, but the Saints would probably have lost anyway and deserved to lose based on their play tonight. 

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

To win? They need to fix their pass defense big time. Else up know what a Brady will do to it. 

I think the team to watch out for is the Steelers

Youve seen the last month of them, right? Not just tonight?

also they only gave up 13 points tonight, despite not being sharp 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Youve seen the last month of them, right? Not just tonight?

also they only gave up 13 points tonight, despite not being sharp 

Honestly this is the third game of the Saints I have seen. Not enough to evaluate their overall performance. But I did check the stats and they have been terrible in pass D. They won the shootout with the Rams but we have seen this story before where a high scoring Offense is stalled by a team better on all sides of the ball. 

Why do you think they are the favorites to win it all? Knowing you probably watch them every week...

9 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Honestly this is the third game of the Saints I have seen. Not enough to evaluate their overall performance. But I did check the stats and they have been terrible in pass D. They won the shootout with the Rams but we have seen this story before where a high scoring Offense is stalled by a team better on all sides of the ball. 

Why do you think they are the favorites to win it all? Knowing you probably watch them every week...

Because their offense is generally as good as any (shorter on weapons outside but experienced great qb) and defense has generally played pretty well.

on paper the rush d is a little overrated and pass d underrated due to teams having to pass against them.... but cam Jordan is an elite end and lattimore and excellent corner. Solid talent across the rest of the d line too.

they are the team that outclasses most across the board and have done so to a lot of good teams.