LeVeon Bell: What better fit for him than Buffalo?

11 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Let's say we finish 8-8, Allen plays great to finish the season. Buffalo looks like a team that is going to compete for a long time. We would suddenly become an attractive destination for many FAs. We also have a ton of cap space to work with and our offense lacks a playmaker. Why not Bell? Give him what he wants, Buffalo now has the best RB in the NFL. Build that OL in the draft and free agency. Buffalo adds a guy that regularly puts up 2,000 all purpose yards a season. Hopefully Zay and Foster continue to develop alongside Allen and I  could definitely see us making a playoff push. Bell gets a 4 year deal, his contract would be up around the same time Josh Allen's is, so no conflict there. Definitely think offense would not be a problem anymore.

too many $$$

4 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

I'd prefer not to tie up that much salary in RB. Not with the rules as they currently exist.

Dude it's going to be so damn hard to spend money.. like name me all the likely top FAs. It's hella dumb to go into the season 50M under the CAP like we're choosing to be a poor team in a baseball league instead of having the same New York Yankees payroll anybody else has.

Like who cares if we tie up a 3 year insane salary for a punter if we end up with too much money to even spend next few years.

If we're at that point give Bell a 2 year 50M guaranteed contract. Spend as much money as possible so long as we're mindful of upcoming re-signings when considering contract length.

We got 90M to spend on this lot: all DTs and LBs. Bell is the only offensive player, and other teams are in similar positions. Free agency is going to. Suck... Overpay for Bell lol why on Earth not.

1543282205905509.png

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

11 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Bell is the best RB in the NFL and he had a year off. I'd take him over Kamara or Gurley. 4-year deal, ride him hard until he breaks down.

We have so many needs and 17 million for 1 running back is just too much for me.

11 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Do you understand what they mean by process?

Dude I've been preaching the process since the beginning my man.  I don't think a 17 million dollar running back or a 30 something back is a big part of their future.

15 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

We have so many needs and 17 million for 1 running back is just too much for me.

We need to spend money. We have 90 million. Would you rather go into the season with 17M going nowhere (it don't rollover) or have it go to Bell to do friggin punt returns at the very least.. why the heck not. Hoarding cap salary isn't smart unless it's timed for upcoming major re-signing moves.

And he's 26 going on 27 lol

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Better fits? The Jets, Colts, and Packers immediately come to mind.

I can see the Colts making this move. It would give Andrew Luck his Edgerrin James. They get Bell and another WR? Boom. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lol. This board doesn't like the way Shady runs. It would implode watching Bell run behind this crap o-line. The only way I sign Bell is if DeCastro comes with him. Don't waste FA dollars on a RB. Shady, Ivory, and Murphy and a low round draft pick are fine with 3 new starters on OL.

• Like (+1) 2

I said at one point how crazy would this offense be if we signed Bell and Kept McCoy next season. Think of all the crazy offensive combinations we could have with them on the field. Split one out wide and the other in the back field and then have multiple formations with both in the backfield at the same time. Defenses would be all sorts of messed up trying to defend that. I don't see us spending that much on a RB though

Edited by Buffalo03

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They have the cap room to pay him that's for sure.

That offense is hard to slow down now. If they got Bell it would put Luck and Hilton on another level. Ebron has taken a huge step forward this year. Add, say, Tyrell Williams to go along that and that offense is top 5. 

Just now, H2o said:

That offense is hard to slow down now. If they got Bell it would put Luck and Hilton on another level. Ebron has taken a huge step forward this year. Add, say, Tyrell Williams to go along that and that offense is top 5. 

That would be scary as hell to face as an opposing defense.  What a difference in Ebron who has 12 TDs already this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Colts would be Bell's best fit in my opinion, they have the most cap space,  the oline, the QB, and some pass catching talent with TY and Ebron. If the Colts sign Bell and add a #2 reciever they could have the best offense in the league. 

I personally wouldn't want Bell for the Bill's, yes the Bill's have the cap space but I would rather they spend that money at Oline and WR much more pressing needs than RB as I would rather draft a RB in rounds 3 or 4 and stick with the vets Ivory and Shady for one more year. 

If I were the Colts I would sign Bell, sign a legit vet WR, resign Ebron, and make a couple big signings on defense they could have a loaded roster esp considering that they have an extra 2nd round pick that can fill even more holes with 3 picks early. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Horrible fit for the Bills.  McD is about team, Bell is all about Bell.

Every player needs to look out for himself because the team won't. Pitt had no intention of signing Bell to an extension, what if Bell plays and has an Alex Smith type injury- he loses the long term contract he has earned. His actions seem selfish, but they make some sense.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Every player needs to look out for himself because the team won't. Pitt had no intention of signing Bell to an extension, what if Bell plays and has an Alex Smith type injury- he loses the long term contract he has earned. His actions seem selfish, but they make some sense.

Oof if McDermott is about team and Bell is about Bell, that means Bell's off the table? is McDermott about winning?? Because Bell is about that, and the team *should be about that. He just had to make sure he got some contract security in FA. Hasn't been a lockerroom issue before this year and now he's the board's villain

We hate runningbacks for some reason here.. but we suck at the skill positions. Skill position guys tend to be primadonnas. McDermott is going to have a hard time giving Allen talent if he's going to be so selective.

If we offered McDermott Bell, ODB, and DJax and he passed.. yeesh man he's not cut out for managing this new generation of talent. 

13 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Let's say we finish 8-8, Allen plays great to finish the season. Buffalo looks like a team that is going to compete for a long time. We would suddenly become an attractive destination for many FAs. We also have a ton of cap space to work with and our offense lacks a playmaker. Why not Bell? Give him what he wants, Buffalo now has the best RB in the NFL. Build that OL in the draft and free agency. Buffalo adds a guy that regularly puts up 2,000 all purpose yards a season. Hopefully Zay and Foster continue to develop alongside Allen and I  could definitely see us making a playoff push. Bell gets a 4 year deal, his contract would be up around the same time Josh Allen's is, so no conflict there. Definitely think offense would not be a problem anymore.

I respect his talent but don't think RBs, even Bell, are worth what he wants to get.

This is a fiscally conservative front office. They may well agree. They have a lot of money to spend, but also many needs. If they do give any FA a huge contract, I'd bet they do so at a more important position. I could be wrong, though, of course.

18 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Agreed. I have no problem with what he's done, but if I were a GM I just wouldn't give him the money he's looking for. But I wouldn't consider a guy who did that any kind of character problem or think of what he's done as anti-team.

Edited by Thurman#1

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yep - except for the multiple extensions Pittsburgh offered him at 14+ million for the next 3 years and the 4 year extension they offered him last year at over 12 million a season.  Both deals would have made him the highest paid RB in the league at that time.

He wanted more - he wants to be paid as a high end WR at over 16+ million. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I said at one point how crazy would this offense be if we signed Bell and Kept McCoy next season. Think of all the crazy offensive combinations we could have with them on the field. Split one out wide and the other in the back field and then have multiple formations with both in the backfield at the same time. Defenses would be all sorts of messed up trying to defend that. I don't see us spending that much on a RB though

I think it would be less "crazy" and more important to get more talented WRs thant to have another (extremely expensive) RB on the roster.  Defenses really wouldn't care about which RB is going to get the check down pass.    Stretch the field or watch the playoffs from your warm, southern state home, Bills players....

• Like (+1) 1