LeVeon Bell: What better fit for him than Buffalo?

6 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Just because I don’t want some of the big names here doesn’t mean I want to roll out the same roster from last season. 

Bell and brown from Pittsburgh specifically I would never want on any team I cheer for. 

Its just my philosophy but you don’t pay for elite talent, you draft it and retain it after they’ve proven themselves. Free agents are meant for depth and possible comeback stories like Lorax. Running back is by far the easiest spot to fill on the team. And they have 3 currently. If the line was better I would be more than happy to trot shady, ivory, Murphy and a rookie out there. With the hopes of course that the rookie outshines them all by mid season and soaks up a large portion of the touches. 

In your first post that I quoted you said you didnt even want the best running back on the team to still be on the team.

It's not just a name thing, you made a list in another thread pretty much dismissing the importance of a #1 WR. In this thread you're talking about getting rid of Shady. 

Drafting elite talent and retaining it, did you want to keep Gilmore? 

I dont really care how you get talent, but the point is go get it. Outside of Gurley, Goff (who I'm not a fan of), and Donald... LA pretty much went about it in the way you dont like. The superbowl sucked, but I'd love to have that team.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

In your first post that I quoted you said you didnt even want the best running back on the team to still be on the team.

It's not just a name thing, you made a list in another thread pretty much dismissing the importance of a #1 WR. In this thread you're talking about getting rid of Shady. 

Drafting elite talent and retaining it, did you want to keep Gilmore? 

I dont really care how you get talent, but the point is go get it. Outside of Gurley, Goff (who I'm not a fan of), and Donald... LA pretty much went about it in the way you dont like. The superbowl sucked, but I'd love to have that team.

I fully stand by my stance of the bills don’t have to acquire a #1 type receiver to run a great offense. 

I never said anything about getting rid of shady just that I’d be happy to run Murphy ivory and a rookie Cohen type back this season. 

I probably would not have kept Gilmore. Not at the price New England paid. 

Hes worth it for them, and I won’t bash the guy he played lights out for them the last half of this season. 

Not totally sure what you’re getting at with all this, or if you just have a personal beef with my posts. 

Bell and brown are not good fits for buffalo under this regime. 

They have shown no interest in acquiring these kinds of players. 

16 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Him on the Colts would be a super fit.

Granted the Colts have a ***** ton of money and assets to play with, so they can probably afford to do it, but having said that:

1. I don't think they need an upgrade at RB; they're already good there with Mack, Hines, and Wilkins IMO
  2. I think I remember hearing that the Colts GM is one of those guys that doesn't like spending money on RBs

18 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I fully stand by my stance of the bills don’t have to acquire a #1 type receiver to run a great offense. 

I never said anything about getting rid of shady just that I’d be happy to run Murphy ivory and a rookie Cohen type back this season. 

I probably would not have kept Gilmore. Not at the price New England paid. 

Hes worth it for them, and I won’t bash the guy he played lights out for them the last half of this season. 

Not totally sure what you’re getting at with all this, or if you just have a personal beef with my posts. 

Bell and brown are not good fits for buffalo under this regime. 

They have shown no interest in acquiring these kinds of players. 

I have no personal beef with your posts just a totally different opinion. Also, mentioning three other backs pretty much implies you're getting rid of Shady. You keep saying get a Tarik Cohen type back, that doesn't just happen. I don't have confidence that they'll draft that. It's not about Bell and Brown, you seem adverse to paying talent and keep bringing up Tarik Cohen like that's a given to draft. 

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I have no personal beef with your posts just a totally different opinion. Also, mentioning three other backs pretty much implies you're getting rid of Shady. You keep saying get a Tarik Cohen type back, that doesn't just happen. I don't have confidence that they'll draft that. It's not about Bell and Brown, you seem adverse to paying talent and keep bringing up Tarik Cohen like that's a given to draft. 

You never know who may appear. We could see duke Johnson or maybe Theo riddick released, could be lots of those shifty receiving kinda backs by the time free agency rolls around. I don’t scout the draft that deep to know whose around later in the draft. And I wouldn’t be against paying for talent, just have my favorites or preferences I suppose.