Canned crowd noise

stuvian

with the decline in fan attendance at games, it is becoming increasingly apparent that teams are piping in fake crowd noise. From my TV watching, the worst culprit looks to be the Arizona Cardinals. Half of the fans attending wear the opposing teams jersey. The crowd noise really looks artificial when half the fans are looking at their phones or are otherwise not engaged in the game. Are there other obvious culprits out there?

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

with the decline in fan attendance at games, it is becoming increasingly apparent that teams are piping in fake crowd noise. From my TV watching, the worst culprit looks to be the Arizona Cardinals. Half of the fans attending wear the opposing teams jersey. The crowd noise really looks artificial when half the fans are looking at their phones or are otherwise not engaged in the game. Are there other obvious culprits out there?

I doubt that this is happening. It's not legal by NFL rule and teams have been fined and have lost draft picks for doing this.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I'll give you credit again, for owning the admission of what might well be an erroneous conclusion.  Many others just become a new screen name.  ?

I'll I'll make my next sig "No New Taxes" to reinforce my credibility

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Went to the game in Houston a few years ago...and was shocked at how loud their sound system was when the Texans were on defense. Horrible experience, and completely unnecessary...especially when all we had at QB was EJ Manuel.

Maybe because EJ’s most dangerous weapon was his hard count?   ?

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Went to the game in Houston a few years ago...and was shocked at how loud their sound system was when the Texans were on defense. Horrible experience, and completely unnecessary...especially when all we had at QB was EJ Manuel.

EJ was a horrible experience and completely unnecessary.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Stadiums may not do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if TV networks did it for the audio feed.

That would be my bet. Or uneven mixed on a mic.

The same is said for when they get a parabolic mic to hear everything the QB says and here every hit.

It makes for a good soap opera.

10 hours ago, stuvian said:

I think this is deceiving because less teams have had home games this season.