How about Jonah Williams at LG?

I think he would be a Quenton Nelson caliber of G. He would also provide plenty of insurance in case Dion Dawkins went down. That entire left side would be solid. May not be there when we pick and it's still early on in the process but I would not be upset if he was the pick. I'd leave Dawkins at LT and Mills at RT. Center and RG would be our only weak spots on the OL.

Edited by NewDayBills

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think he would be a Quenton Nelson caliber of G. He would also provide plenty of insurance in case Dion Dawkins went down. That entire left side would be solid. May not be there when we pick and it's still early on in the process but I would not be upset if he was the pick. I'd leave Dawkins at LT and Mills at RT. Center and RG would be our only weak spots on the OL.

The great thing about Williams is we could start him pretty much anywhere but center and have a sound/solid player pretty much instantly.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Williams has been scouted by the Bills multiple times already as it has been noted in the College Football forum about them being at Bama games. I would plug him anywhere on the OL as well. Probably at RG the way the Cowboys did with Zack Martin from Notre Dame, a LT in college also. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think Williams has been scouted by the Bills multiple times already as it has been noted in the College Football forum about them being at Bama games. I would plug him anywhere on the OL as well. Probably at RG the way the Cowboys did with Zack Martin from Notre Dame, a LT in college also. 

They've been to at least 3 games that the public knows about. Of course Alabama has like 40 future NFL players on their roster so it's anyone's guess if they were there because they're interested in Jonah or not (though I imagine they probably are).

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

If they could somehow land Paradis in FA and Teller develops, we're a solid draft pick at RT or RG away from having a good young line. 

If if I had to focus on either o line or WR, I'd build the line first.

I'd take a flyer on Ryan Kalil. Good to have some age in there too. Especially since he is calling the blocking audibles. He has that Carolina connection as well. 

LT- Dion Dawkins

LG- Jonah Williams

C- Ryan Kalil

RG- Wyatt Teller

RT- Jordan Mills

Pretty solid group of linemen. Keep Miller and Bodine as our backup. Good group of guys.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd bump Teller to RG. If Dawkins went down we'd just bump Jonah outside. I'd love to have him either way though. I think he is a fantastic prospect.

I haven’t watched him but Alabama olineman don’t have a great NFL track record. Is he better than other prospects from that organization?

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

I haven’t watched him but Alabama olineman don’t have a great NFL track record. Is he better than other prospects from that organization?

Pretty sure he is their top prospect this year. As far as other prospects from the past, the only tackle I remember from Bama is Andre Smith and Jonah is a way better player. Jonah could be a starting LT on most teams.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

They could have been scouting any of about 15 players.

18 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd take a flyer on Ryan Kalil. Good to have some age in there too. Especially since he is calling the blocking audibles. He has that Carolina connection as well. 

LT- Dion Dawkins

LG- Jonah Williams

C- Ryan Kalil

RG- Wyatt Teller

RT- Jordan Mills

Pretty solid group of linemen. Keep Miller and Bodine as our backup. Good group of guys.

I like this. This can easily happen. Hope we can somehow bring in another young guy to be the swing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Mills would need to be resigned since he is a free agent.

• Like (+1) 1