Shooting in Southern California Bar

If only the people who got shot were armed this could have been prevented......since the gumman shot the armed security guard first......Thoughts and prayers though!

Edited by TH3

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

If only the people who got shot were armed this could have been prevented......since the gumman shot the armed security guard first......Thoughts and prayers though!

You obviously don't read. The linked article said the  that a County Sherriff and a passing CHIPS (State Trooper) officer were responding to 911 calls.  The County Sheriff got killed.

This is Ventura County Sherrif’s Sgt. Ron Helus, killed as he responded to stop the mass shooting at Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, CA.

He was a 29-year vet nearing retirement, a husband, and a father. “He died a hero. He went in to save other people.”

RIP.

DrevTN4WoAIVydM.jpg:large

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

You obviously don't read. The linked article said the  that a County Sherriff and a passing CHIPS (State Trooper) officer were responding to 911 calls.  The County Sheriff got killed.

Well ....if some officers and sheriffs get killed along with the innocents....thats just the price we need to pay for our Second Amendment right to own to remain unfettrred!!!

Totally worth it.....amirite?

Thoughts and prayers

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Well ....if some officers and sheriffs get killed along with the innocents....thats just the price we need to pay for our Second Amendment right to own to remain unfettrred!!!

Thoughts and prayers

And there you have it. Too ideologically disgusting to be respectful of people praying, too stupid to realize how desperately they're going to want those thoughts and prayers when they realize RGB is one cracked rib away from retirement.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Thoughts and prayers

Human freedom has a blood cost, but that cost is much lower than the true price of relinquishing those freedoms.

Feel free to continue with your stupid emotional argument though.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Human freedom has a blood cost, but that cost is much lower than the true price of relinquishing those freedoms.

Feel free to continue with your stupid emotional argument though.

This.

It reminds me of a George Carlin skit where he was talking about airplane security, but he made a more general statement of how people seem to be willing to trade their freedoms for a sense of security, even though you can never make anything truly safe.

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Thoughts and prayers

Wouldn't it be logical to wonder why the guy did it? I mean, so we could prevent it? Instead of taking away citizens Constitutional rights. Just think about the benifits to mental health care if we put the effort into that instead of burning calories politicizing tragedies like this.

27 minutes ago, Dante said:

Wouldn't it be logical to wonder why the guy did it? I mean, so we could prevent it? Instead of taking away citizens Constitutional rights. Just think about the benifits to mental health care if we put the effort into that instead of burning calories politicizing tragedies like this.

He didn't do it.  The gun did it.

I used to live in that area, went to the same High School as the gunman (many years ago).  It's really sad and my heart goes out to all the people T.O.  it's a tight community.  I still have friends there; there's little doubt it's touched someone I know.  My heart breaks for the Officer and his family. He didn't realize he'd be walking into a trained Marine with malice intent.

That said, I also think it's sad that citizens in such a state have no means to defend themselves from evil men.  I know for one I'm going to increase my resolve in my personal carry program.  I'm not going to be a helpless victim to the next madman.  You never know where and when you'll run into one.  I hope it's never, but I'll be prepared if it ever does.

• Like (+1) 2