With the Beatdown Peterman is Taking Can You Look Back and Blame Tyrod for Being Conservative?

Irv

Seeing the vitriol directed at Peterman for throwing picks, I look back and no longer blame Tyrod for being overly conservative.  At the end of the day one guy is probably heading out out of the league as one of the biggest laughing stocks in the history of sports, has a GoFundMe set up for his retirement,  and is getting food thrown at him.   The other one still has a job and his diginty. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Irv said:

Seeing the vitriol directed at Peterman for throwing picks, I look back and no longer blame Tyrod for being overly conservative.  At the end of the day one guy is probably heading out out of the league as one of the biggest laughing stocks in the history of sports, has a GoFundMe set up for his retirement,  and is getting food thrown at him.   The other one still has a job and his diginty. 

conservative as in refusing to throw unless his target was wide open for a full second before he started to throw?

• Like (+1) 1

We got a very high third round pick in exchange for Tyrod.

That was a great deal for us.

He will never be a great QB.

You need a great QB to win consistently in the NFL.

Nothing else, including this thread, matters.

Edited by Rigotz

16 minutes ago, Irv said:

Was there an incident where Peterman had stuff thrown at him? There's no reason for that. He's just a dude with a unique job. If you're used car salesman that sucks at your job, nobody's gonna throw a greasy banana peel at you for it. Some people, man.

And as for Taylor being conservative... I'd say "hesitant" is a better term to describe his playing style. For one, he struggles to see the entire field due to his height. Yeah, there are windows and lanes and angles to look through but they're not easy to spot all the time. On top of that, one of Taylor's drawbacks has always been his inability (or unwillingness) to throw with anticipation or throw his receivers open. He's a "see it, throw it" passer. Has to see that his target is sufficiently open before he fires it. I wonder if he still would've played like that even if the Bills had a Calvin Johnson-type receiver, one of those "open no matter what" kinda guys. 

Edited by blacklabel

13 minutes ago, Irv said:

Tyrod had Glenn, Incognito and Wood,and , better receivers... still played 'conservative". Benched in  Cleveland...he can only take a team so far in this age of wide- open passing game

how could a man get to be a #1 QB in the NFL without having remotely developed the ability to throw to where his WR is heading?

children start to work on this concept when they are 5 years old

TT was amazing.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Irv said:

...sure sounds logical....it was the Buffalo environment's fault........prolly ate dinner in the closet and slept with one eye open......so on to Cleveland with a running game and receivers as well as a former OC as HC who anoints him starter from day one.......and is now in the passenger seat....damn Cleveland environment did it.....SMH.........

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure sounds logical....it was the Buffalo environment's fault........prolly ate dinner in the closet and slept with one eye open......so on to Cleveland with a running game and receivers as well as a former OC as HC who anoints him starter from day one.......and is now in the passenger seat....damn Cleveland environment did it.....SMH.........

OldTimeAFLGuy rocks!

I always appreciated Tyrod for what he was: a great scrambler, a good guy, and a poor passer who - at least - didn't throw many picks.    

I was disappointed when he was traded because I knew he'd actually be difficult to replace.

But I could also see where Beane was coming from.  Tyrod is not a Super Bowl caliber QB so why are we wasting money on him when the goal is to get to the SB?  

• Like (+1) 1