Midterm Election Gameday Thread

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2018/10/01/2018-midterms-menendez-hugin-senate-race-dead-heat-poll-says/1485460002/

This is the one I'm keen on. If the good people of New Jersey can exorcise the demon that is Bob Menendez, it would be nothing short of a miracle.

Don’t get your hopes up, lots of idiots in NJ.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't quite understand why people wait until Tuesday to vote if their respective state offers early voting. Is it something of a tradition?

I voted in a grocery store here in Nevada with no wait time. Seems like the way to go.

No tradition on my part, just procrastination. Sometimes, I just skip it. #comeatmebro

Never seen a line at 7 but I was about 20th in a line at 710 and #53 to vote. I’m usually in the low teens when I sign in. 

District is usually a swing district. Went for Obama twice and Trump last time. The normal neighborly greetings, no drama. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Never seen a line at 7 but I was about 20th in a line at 710 and #53 to vote. I’m usually in the low teens when I sign in. 

District is usually a swing district. Went for Obama twice and Trump last time. The normal neighborly greetings, no drama. 

Any sign of Russians?

14 hours ago, snafu said:

I never have to wait to vote.  Same school gym since 1999.

I always give people working the voting booth my wife's name and ask if they want to see my photo I.D. just to make sweat appear on their brows.

I volunteered to do that thing for six years.

We had a few people like you.

Never understood what kind of a loser would think that was of any value, but we had names for them, and never "sweated" them.

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Don’t get your hopes up, lots of idiots in NJ.

One needs help with homework.

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Polls are tighter than a nuns hoo hoo

A nun and an Eskimo are number 1 and 2 on my list.  I had a female pastor before.  ?

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Any sign of Russians?

If I had the money I seriously would have bought a Russian outfit to go to the polling place to troll.

----------

Who are the races everyone is most excited to see the results of?

I can't wait to see Beto lose to Cruz

Would love to see Gillum lose

Other than that I am not sure I have any specific high hopes