Derek Anderson Hasn't Been Declared Out for the Bears Game - Now Declared Out!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, you can tell him, “don’t throw picks!!” Based on his career though if he throws 32 times he will be picked off 4. You can’t cater something for a guy that doesn’t have ability.

I dunno, I think u can. Have we ever seen Peterman throw a dump off to a running back? Or how about quick slants like the one in the Chargers game last year where Benjamin got hurt. These are typically pretty safe throws. U could run alot of 2 back sets. Give him a fail safe. Just saying, they can do things to protect him from himself 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Yes. A guy coming off a concussion with no practice, who has 6 Turnovers and no Touchdowns in 2 games, both against two of the worst defenses in the NFL, gives me a ton of confidence. 

They were blown out 37-5 and 25-6 under Anderson. 

Gives me a ton of confidence also. But at least he would be a better option than Peterman. 

Might as well forfeit and avoid injuries if Nate plays. 

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I dunno, I think u can. Have we ever seen Peterman throw a dump off to a running back? Or how about quick slants like the one in the Chargers game last year where Benjamin got hurt. These are typically pretty safe throws. U could run alot of 2 back sets. Give him a fail safe. Just saying, they can do things to protect him from himself 

Teams defend that stuff. They show him the outs knowing that he can’t make them. They take the things he can do away. That’s why he’s a failure. The holes in his game can’t be schemed around. As as an example you can scheme to get Tolbert in space but it doesn’t matter. The defense is asking you to do that. They aren’t going to give Nate the throws that he can make. That’s why he has been consistently bad. He’s not capable of operating the entire playbook and NFL talent is too good for that.

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

It honestly does not matter at all. Peterman is trash, Anderson is trash. It matters little. At least Peterman has a TD pass to go with all those turnovers. Anderson just has the turnovers. They are both probably the worst two QB’s currently on any NFL roster. If Peterman gives you a 1% chance of winning Anderson probably gives you a 1.05% chance. He doesn’t move the needle much. 

If I had to, I would take Anderson over Peterman but I would rather see a wildcat with a combination of Pryor and Thomas throwing.  Any other year, that would sound like a terrible idea that would only have a place in someone's madden game.  

This year,  you are talking about an offense that has scored 0 touchdowns in the past two games against two defenses that aren't anywhere near the best in the league.  There is virtually nothing to lose by doing this until Allen comes back and it would at least be a little more entertaining. 

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

Two things here

1) The protocol dictates certain stages are met correct? So getting on the practice field with no contact  one stage..practice field full go, next stage..full baseline testing and cleared by neuroligist..another stage. If DA has not done the first two..can he  be cleared?

2) I am as confident in this game as any  since the first Jet game last year that the Bills win ... if Nate starts

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not a single practice all week and they'd start him Sunday? That seems crazy. I know Peterman isn't good, but you can cater the game plan to set him up to succeed (ie do not throw to the sidelines) 

Just have Peterman pump fake to sidelines and watch those DB's bite.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Teams defend that stuff. They show him the outs knowing that he can’t make them. They take the things he can do away. That’s why he’s a failure. The holes in his game can’t be schemed around. As as an example you can scheme to get Tolbert in space but it doesn’t matter. The defense is asking you to do that. They aren’t going to give Nate the throws that he can make. That’s why he has been consistently bad. He’s not capable of operating the entire playbook and NFL talent is too good for that.

If they're putting people in the middle to take away slants then there should be 1-on-1 looks outside. Peterman for all his faults is not afraid to throw jump balls. Throw those routes to Benjamin and Pryor all day

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sure Peterman will start given that Anderson got zero practice time. They are probably just holding out hope that Anderson can be in uniform as the backup and they don't have to have Barkley.

Can you imagine if the QBs are Peterman backed up by Barkley? ?