Nick mullens

Steptide

10 hours ago, SoTier said:

Actually, both Kirk Cousins and Matt Ryan have had very nice careers, with and without Shanahan.

I agree. I'd like Matt Ryan on the Bills, not really a fan of Cousins. He seems to be the type of player who just never takes the next step.

I admitted I may give Shanahan too much credit for his QB's success, but I think they both had their best years when he was the OC. I think McVay was in Washington too at some point and I know Cousins has been pretty steady for awhile now as far as his ceiling goes. So I could be wrong on him.

I just generally think he has maximized what he's given at QB and credit him for that. However, none has been sustained really. But maybe Atlanta would be amazing with him.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's truly unreal how the entire Bills fanbase has gone from saying the QB is EVERYTHING to saying the QB is NOTHING without the supporting cast.

Yeah, the 49ers supporting cast is so dominant. You could plug a cripple in there & post historic numbers!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25151421/nick-mullens-puts-historic-numbers-nfl-debut-49ers-cruise

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I thought this was going to be a Mahomes-esque "someone needs to be fired for not drafting this kid" thread.

If he just kills it through the rest of the season, it will be extremely depressing that yet another team lucks into some random godsend QB while the Bills can't find one if they were gifted an entire draft class of them by the league.

• Like (+1) 4

The fire someone for missing out on this guy is obviously sarcastic. But the sad thing really is we keep trotting out Peterman rather than taking a look at guys like Mullins or anyone else. It is either ego driven or just laziness. No rock unturned does not apply to qb?

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Let me save us both trouble: do you believe we should fire everyone and start over? I mean, have you seen everything you need to see? Get rid of Beane, McDermott, all the coaches, and start over?

Do you think we should do that?

Some would call it "tired."

Yes. 

McD's old school, tough guy "vision" has produced the worst offense in the modern era of professional football & many blowout losses. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You two are on the same page. Tyrod was by no means a hall of Famer, but he was in the Alex Smith class in my opinion.

He found ways to win and make plays. He didnt throw for 300 yards, but he made plays with his legs. And I agree with criticisms that sometimes he relied on that too much. But at the end of the day, he won games, was every bit the competitor Allen is, and won games.

Everyone loves the hurdle Allen made.... But this regime and the people who bought in preach you need a QB who can make plays from the pocket. Allen has shown nothing from the pocket, and everyone goes crazy with the hurdle. It was a fun moment, that's cool. But tell me that if Tyrod did the same thing everyone would have went crazy? 

I see a trend in Bills fans and I don't like it. Tyrod gave everything to this team and they treated him like *****. Not giving him his money, constantly restructuring, not sure if he is starter or not, yanking him for Nate ***** Peterman.

And they drafted some big white kid who throws the ball far (always incomplete), but you know, it's Buffalo and it snows. He has big hands ( I think our GM with a background in communications said "he's got big hands" but whatever), and they drafted him to throw from the pocket.

All I've seen is one nice pass on a wheel route, him jump over a guy, and him tell the defense he's with them. It's all garbage. And I left that underlying for good reason because i don't want to get into it, but i think it exists. Watch Eric Reids comments. I'm really starting to be bothered by this team and fanbase.

They can go 0-16. I'm still a fan, but when I start to get a weird vibe, I'm out. And I might be, much to the happiness of many. People will lambast Tyrod and in the next sentence talk about how Peterman wasn't given a fair opportunity. Their is definitely some underlying stuff going on with this regime, coaching staff, and segments of this fanbase. 

What are you saying here? 

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

What I think tonight shows is that if Kyle Shannahan or Sean Mcvay ever become available. Pegula should bring in the brinks truck and pay these guys. Both know offense and have a QB friendly system.

Not part of the process. McDermott likes retreads so he isn’t upstaged.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It is wallowing because this board can’t even process what the Bills are doing and have done right.  This board is so off base on this team right at a level never seen before on this board, and that’s saying a lot.  This board needs to chill

It is a fan message board and all opinions should be welcome. However, it really seems there is a small group of posters who feel the need, not just to offer their opinions, but, to deliver their opinions as facts and dominate every thread with some variation of the same themes: McDermott needs to be fired, Beane needs to be fired, Allen is a bust, and the organization, overall, has no direction, plan, or any sense whatsoever of what they are doing.

And, if you disagree in any way, they become angry and aggressive, and proceed to accuse you of being a kool-aid drinking homer, who has no ability to objectively evaluate this team, organization, or football in general, and blindly follows this team in nothing more than a simple, polyannish, Bills colored glasses kind of way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You two are on the same page. Tyrod was by no means a hall of Famer, but he was in the Alex Smith class in my opinion.

He found ways to win and make plays. He didnt throw for 300 yards, but he made plays with his legs. And I agree with criticisms that sometimes he relied on that too much. But at the end of the day, he won games, was every bit the competitor Allen is, and won games.

Everyone loves the hurdle Allen made.... But this regime and the people who bought in preach you need a QB who can make plays from the pocket. Allen has shown nothing from the pocket, and everyone goes crazy with the hurdle. It was a fun moment, that's cool. But tell me that if Tyrod did the same thing everyone would have went crazy? 

I see a trend in Bills fans and I don't like it. Tyrod gave everything to this team and they treated him like *****. Not giving him his money, constantly restructuring, not sure if he is starter or not, yanking him for Nate ***** Peterman.

And they drafted some big white kid who throws the ball far (always incomplete), but you know, it's Buffalo and it snows. He has big hands ( I think our GM with a background in communications said "he's got big hands" but whatever), and they drafted him to throw from the pocket.

All I've seen is one nice pass on a wheel route, him jump over a guy, and him tell the defense he's with them. It's all garbage. And I left that underlying for good reason because i don't want to get into it, but i think it exists. Watch Eric Reids comments. I'm really starting to be bothered by this team and fanbase.

They can go 0-16. I'm still a fan, but when I start to get a weird vibe, I'm out. And I might be, much to the happiness of many. People will lambast Tyrod and in the next sentence talk about how Peterman wasn't given a fair opportunity. Their is definitely some underlying stuff going on with this regime, coaching staff, and segments of this fanbase. 

Influenced by that garbage on the NY Daily News the other day written by one of their many racists were you? Get a life. The Bill's aren't racist...but it sounds like you might be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

It is a fan message board and all opinions should be welcome. However, it really seems there is a small group of posters who feel the need, not just to offer their opinions, but, to deliver their opinions as facts and dominate every thread with some variation of the same themes: McDermott needs to be fired, Beane needs to be fired, Allen is a bust, and the organization, overall, has no direction, plan, or any sense whatsoever of what they are doing.

And, if you disagree in any way, they become angry and aggressive, and proceed to accuse you of being a kool-aid drinking homer, who has no ability to objectively evaluate this team, organization, or football in general, and blindly follows this team in nothing more than a simple, polyannish, Bills colored glasses kind of way. 

There is also another small group of people who feel as though they are far superior in their understanding of what the Bills are doing and that in fact every historical awful performance by the Bills proves that the Bills are heading in the right direction.  You can spot these posters by their condescending comments criticizing every one who does not buy into the Bills process, to the degree they do.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

welp, at least we all now know what the B stands for...

If we don't send a 1st round pick and a 4th round pick right now, for "Rob" Mullens, this FO and franchise will be doomed forever. I don't care if we're past the trade deadline. Make it happen, McD!

Hey Terry, frack some hole for free to make it happen, do something, you paraquat.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billieve420 said:

What I think tonight shows is that if Kyle Shannahan or Sean Mcvay ever become available. Pegula should bring in the brinks truck and pay these guys. Both know offense and have a QB friendly system.

Why should he do that when it's so much more profitable for him to hire neophyte HCs and GMs like McDermott and Beane and have the lowest current salary level in the NFL?   Bills fans are like lemmings -- they'll continue to fill the stadium no matter how bad the team.

51 minutes ago, BigBobby said:

Influenced by that garbage on the NY Daily News the other day written by one of their many racists were you? Get a life. The Bill's aren't racist...but it sounds like you might be.

Right-o.  No Bills fan could possibly "connect the dots" and come to a conclusion on his own that maybe some of the Bills decisions during the McDermott/Beane/Pegula regime are influenced by individuals' race.  It has to come from some "outside agitator" from NYC because we all know there are no racists in Buffalo and WNY while NYC is rife with them.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

There is also another small group of people who feel as though they are far superior in their understanding of what the Bills are doing and that in fact every historical awful performance by the Bills proves that the Bills are heading in the right direction.  You can spot these posters by their condescending comments criticizing every one who does not buy into the Bills process, to the degree they do.  

There will always be extreme opinions on any topic. However, to be honest, I see very few posters defending everything this organization does or that have anointed Allen as a franchise QB. Most seem to be of the opinion that it is too early to tell how good McDermott will be as a coach, Beane will be as a GM, or Allen will be as QB. A willingness to give this coaching staff, front office, and a rookie QB the benefit of the doubt and the time to prove themselves is not the same as buying into everything this team does. It is simply a rational approach. 

Take a quick perusal through the threads and then objectively ask your self if they are dominated by those in the group you described or the one I described.

4 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Nice try with the veiled accusations of racism on the part of the coaching staff and fan base. 

At least have the stones to come right out and say it. 

Hmm he was right. Simple. 

• Thank you (+1) 1