Dion Dawkins

Rigotz

A few posters seem to think moving Dawkins to G is a possibility.  I'm not so sure.  This regime likes a down hill running style.  They would cover a guy like Incognito. Dawkins isn't the road grader type, reminds me more like a Levitre type player.  He wouldn't fit the scheme at G

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Well we finally agree on something. Hell has frozen over lol.

Jason Peters has been injured a lot. Have the Eagles tried to ship him out of town? .. that example has nothing to do with the Bills btw...bc they also botched his situation...they could've had him for over a decade!

The Eagles are a different organization with different people in charge.  It's not an apples to apples comparison because what is important to personnel people varies from organization to organization.

E.J. Gaines was hurt a lot, but played very well when healthy.  He was allowed to walk. Sammy had injuries, and a contract coming up.  Beane and McDermott both talked about being available among other things.  

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

It would have been fine if they got Darnold or Mayfield

Yeah, I hear you.  ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, purple haze said:

The Eagles are a different organization with different people in charge.  It's not an apples to apples comparison because what is important to personnel people varies from organization to organization.

E.J. Gaines was hurt a lot, but played very well when healthy.  He was allowed to walk. Sammy had injuries, and a contract coming up.  Beane and McDermott both talked about being available among other things.  

Yeah, I hear you.  ??‍♂️

Yes there's incredible logic behind "being available" .. insinuating injuries are within someone's total control.

This follows whatever logic says culture trumps strategy. This is truly an archaic staff.

According to any Bills MB every LT we’ve had was good. Sorry man, but Dawkins isn’t that good. He’s probably more suited for guard or the right side depending on his pulling ability. We are better off with a real LT. Glenn was better but not by much. 

18 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

How was McBeane supposed to know that Woods would be forced to retire and Richie would go off the deep end?

1) Wood was forced to retire (NFL career over) during literally the first week of the off season.  McBeane, the janitor, the team cook, and anyone who follows the Bills knew Wood's career was over in plenty of time to address the position.

2) Who in their right mind would think it was a good idea to initiate a pay cut with one of our few pro bowl players?  Apparently McBeane . . . and they have been paying for it ever since . . . as have our QBs and running backs.  In my view, Richie would have been just fine within the structure of the team . . . as he convincingly proved during his entire time with the Bills these past few years.

Edited by Peter

2 hours ago, Peter said:

1) Wood was forced to retire (NFL career over) during literally the first week of the off season.  McBeane, the janitor, the team cook, and anyone who follows the Bills knew Wood's career was over in plenty of time to address the position.

2) Who in their right mind would think it was a good idea to initiate a pay cut with one of our few pro bowl players?  Apparently McBeane . . . and they have been paying for it ever since . . . as have our QBs and running backs.  In my view, Richie would have been just fine within the structure of the team . . . as he convincingly proved during his entire time with the Bills these past few years.

But, when a player is in your long-term plans (Aka Woods) it makes it hard to do a 180, especially when you're focused on getting a QB. Who were we supposed to sign with the little cap space we had?

Also, Ritchie agreed to the restructure. Then decided it wasn't enough and retired. That's just crap on Richie's part. Don't agree to it in the first place. 

21 hours ago, Peter said:

There was no reason to initiate a pay cut with one of our few pro bowl players.  That was stupid and unnecessary.

The Bills found out that Eric Wood's career was over during literally the first week of the off season.  It is not like they did not have time to engage the "process" to replace him adequately.

In the end, McBeane outsmarted themselves.

McBeane truly believes he can win with anybody out there as long as they buy into the Process.

I think Dion has a lot of potential and I like his attitude and the way he plays. But he definitely needs some work in the footwork and hand placement departments. I think he is better than serviceable, but not elite, though I think he could eventually become elite. He has the tools imo. 

54 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

But, when a player is in your long-term plans (Aka Woods) it makes it hard to do a 180, especially when you're focused on getting a QB. Who were we supposed to sign with the little cap space we had?

Also, Ritchie agreed to the restructure. Then decided it wasn't enough and retired. That's just crap on Richie's part. Don't agree to it in the first place. 

Who woke up and decided it was a good idea to initiate a pay cut with one of our few pro bowl players?

Who decided to move heaven and earth to draft a very, very raw rookie QB who was not even first team in his own conference and then do basically nothing to make sure that he and the other QBs and RBs were adequately protected?  They failed to adequately replace Richie or Wood, traded Cordy, and did not even make an attempt to keep another guy who had started for us and was scooped up by the Texans new GM who was with us last year.

How is it that these guys thought it was a good idea to surround our QBs (especially our rookie QB) and our RBs with substandard talent around them (line and WRs)? 

7 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Yes there's incredible logic behind "being available" .. insinuating injuries are within someone's total control.

This follows whatever logic says culture trumps strategy. This is truly an archaic staff.

You do realize that there is a difference in getting hurt and constantly being injured right?

What I question is why do players who were chronically hurt when they played on the bills all of a sudden going to other teams and NOT being chronically hurt?

Woods - remember all the groin injuries?

Goodwin - dont even need to say anything here

Watkins - has gotten dinged up here and there.....but in buffalo he was having injuries so much I wa seriously starting to suggest he was brittle

Glenn - 2 years of lower body injuries.....now is healthy and playing well for the Bengals

THAT is the thing I really want to question.

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

Who woke up and decided it was a good idea to initiate a pay cut with one of our few pro bowl players?

Who decided to move heaven and earth to draft a very, very raw rookie QB who was not even first team in his own conference and then do basically nothing to make sure that he and the other QBs and RBs were adequately protected?  They failed to adequately replace Richie or Wood, traded Cordy, and did not even make an attempt to keep another guy who had started for us and was scooped up by the Texans new GM who was with us last year.

How is it that these guys thought it was a good idea to surround our QBs (especially our rookie QB) and our RBs with substandard talent around them (line and WRs)? 

Richie was getting older. They asked him if he would take a pay cut. He said yes. I don't know why it hurts to ask the guy to take a pay cut, especially when he ends up agreeing to it. 

19 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Well we finally agree on something. Hell has frozen over lol.

Jason Peters has been injured a lot. Have the Eagles tried to ship him out of town? .. that example has nothing to do with the Bills btw...bc they also botched his situation...they could've had him for over a decade!

JP did not want to play for the Bills..Period!

2 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Richie was getting older. They asked him if he would take a pay cut. He said yes. I don't know why it hurts to ask the guy to take a pay cut, especially when he ends up agreeing to it. 

It did not end up working out well for the Bills and seemed to be gratuitous in my view.

Have a lot of people been calling for Dawkins to not play LT? Dude has been on of the few consistent bright spots on an O-line whose play has been more bad than good. PFF graded him out a secret stud, (I know PFF ratings aren't the be all end all but its a piece worthy of factoring in) and he played strong last year. 

Dawkins is the only player on the O-line that should come back in 2019. I don't think it is a common thought among a significant portion of Bills fans that want him to be moved inside.