Nathan Peterman expected to start Sunday (per Adam Schefter)

BillsFan4

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Doesn't this seem like the perfect time in the cinderella story for him to go 32/36, 389, and 4 TD's only to have his arm ripped off by Mack in the 4th quarter? 

Also would be reflective of the Bills existence. 

You speak the truth

I didn't think could be worse than under the Ryan Brothers, Chan Gailey and Dick Jauron but this team just seems find new depths with each passing year. I was perfectly willing to suffer growing pains under a young QB but there clearly isn't any support system in place for any QB. Good teams don't start QBs who have a week to learn a playbook. Beane seems obsessed with trotting out Peterman in the hope he can increase his value to get a 3rd round draft pick. I'm tired of paying professional football prices for amateur hour performance. It's too early and too reactionary to talk of firings but I'm just sick of feeling hopeless about this team year after year. 

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Good. This will shut up everyone who thinks this guy is an NFL talent.

No it wont.  The dude will throw 3 picks and fumble twice.  Petermanians will just spout out about how its his first full game and he was put in a bad situation to try and play against the Bears with only 3 practices blah blah blah blah.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

In the history of the NFL how many teams wind up doing well when through injuries they get down to their third QB?  I can't think of any.  Granted they should have had Anderson or a similar guy here when they traded  McCarron but when injuries make you play three guys it just doesn't work out well.

I will say this reminds me more and more of Ed Rutkowski.  If Thomas has to step in Sunday it would be a return to '68.

But the Bills started with their 3rd string QB.  How many teams start a guy that shouldn't even be on a team, move on to a rookie, trade away the vet they had through all of camp, wait until 4 games in to sign someone else, have that person start the very next week out of necessity when he hadn't played a game in years, been through a camp, and was playing golf just the week before.

Yes, I realize that was an enormous run on sentence.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

But the Bills started with their 3rd string QB.  How many teams start a guy that shouldn't even be on a team, move on to a rookie, trade away the vet they had through all of camp, wait until 4 games in to sign someone else, have that person start the very next week out of necessity when he hadn't played a game in years, been through a camp, and was playing golf just the week before.

Yes, I realize that was an enormous run on sentence.

I get tired of repeating this but I have said many times they should have brought Anderson or a similar guy in when they traded McCarron.  And I have also said with Peterman that the mystifying thing is that he looks so good in preseason and practice but then throws up on himself.

That said, when teams have two QBs go down with injuries they then have little if any chance.  Then you grab what you can.  And true to form people tonight are complaining about Barkley as if Jimbo is out there waiting.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Maybe a dumb question, but how does anderson have a concusion? On that last sack in the game, he fell on his arms. His head wasn't hit. Also, qbs don't take hits in practice, assuming he's cleared to play Sunday, he could practice all week no? 

i think he quit. Said no mas. I'll be surprised if he's still in the team after the bears game.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Who decided to buy them?

I bought them after the playoff run last year. Guess I was duked. I will never make this mistake again. What a waste of time and money. 

I feel like I deserve a refund. I feel like I’ve been conned. There has to be a legal way to recoup my funds. 

What theyre doing has to be illegal. 

1 minute ago, PittsforDave said:

I bought them after the playoff run last year. Guess I was duked. I will never make this mistake again. What a waste of time and money. 

I feel like I deserve a refund. I feel like I’ve been conned. There has to be a legal way to recoup my funds. 

What theyre doing has to be illegal. 

hey @BringBackFergy looks like we have someone in need of legal advice.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Pryor signed because he knew this was his only shot to start at QB

2 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

I want a refund on my season tickets. This is not what I signed up for. 

The product does not justify the price. 

In their defense, no NFL teams do and they are one of the closest to being fairly priced.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I get tired of repeating this but I have said many times they should have brought Anderson or a similar guy in when they traded McCarron.  And I have also said with Peterman that the mystifying thing is that he looks so good in preseason and practice but then throws up on himself.

That said, when teams have two QBs go down with injuries they then have little if any chance.  Then you grab what you can.  And true to form people tonight are complaining about Barkley as if Jimbo is out there waiting.

I think the reason people complain, at least my reasoning even though I am  not really complaining as I don't care... They could have and should have done a better job in the off season.  Same goes for receivers.  They just let opportunities to get players in here pass them by because they either didn't want to use a crappy mid round pick or pay a player any kind of money.  I get that they are building, but that doesn't mean they had to completely neglect the offensive side of the ball.