It all comes back to coaching and scheme

Dadonkadonk

This franchise simply can not identify talent at the coaching position.  I would be hard pressed to name a decent coach/coordinator since Marchibroda left.  

Look at Darby and Mathews today.  There are ex-Bills starting all over this league.  There are teams with just as little talent on offense as the Bills that can move the ball and put up points.  McD and Beane have shown no ability to judge talent nor bring in elite level coaching.  

I doubt they will be let go at the end of the season but it is not out of the realm of possibility if they lose out (again I doubt this will happen).  But does anyone trust either McDermott or Beane to make quality decisions with the roster, draft, and coordinators???  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

This franchise simply can not identify talent at the coaching position.  I would be hard pressed to name a decent coach/coordinator since Marchibroda left.  

Look at Darby and Mathews today.  There are ex-Bills starting all over this league.  There are teams with just as little talent on offense as the Bills that can move the ball and put up points.  McD and Beane have shown no ability to judge talent nor bring in elite level coaching.  

I doubt they will be let go at the end of the season but it is not out of the realm of possibility if they lose out (again I doubt this will happen).  But does anyone trust either McDermott or Beane to make quality decisions with the roster, draft, and coordinators???  

Yes I think they can make quality decisions because they have done so.

Name the teams with as little talent as we have on offense.

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

We are conditioned to think that every move the Bills organization ever makes will fail.

Well, they did take a playoff team and dismantled it because it didn’t lose well enough. They’ve purposely made failing moves

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott is a widely respected coach in the league. He was respected last year for getting us to the playoffs. Everyone wants instant results every year. This team needs stability at the top so schemes are not constantly changing every 2 years. Next year they will get the offense improved. It all takes time and doesn't happen in one year.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No All is not forgiven.  They have made good decisions and bad.  The extreme nonsense around here is exactly that.  Nonsense.

The real nonsense is what I'm watching on offense.  Or the idea that cap space and mid round picks will lead us to glory. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The real nonsense is what I'm watching on offense.  Or the idea that cap space and mid round picks will lead us to glory. 

We are all disappointed this year.  We will see what they do with their picks and cap space.  Too damn many people here think they're Nostradamus.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We are all disappointed this year.  We will see what they do with their picks and cap space.  Too damn many people here think they're Nostradamus.

It isn’t difficult to recognize this FO and coach will fail because of their philosophies.

26 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

We are conditioned to think that every move the Bills organization ever makes will fail.

I actually think each regime has been given the benefit of the doubt by the fans.

By contrast think of the outrage in Philly when they dealt McCoy and waived DeSean Jackson...........McBeane did A LOT MORE dismantling than that.........8 recent first and second round picks were dumped by McBeane and most Bills fans were still supportive.

They are 6-11 in their last 17 games with a BUNCH of embarrassing blowouts............that's what is creating the impression that the moves are failing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I actually think each regime has been given the benefit of the doubt by the fans.

By contrast think of the outrage in Philly when they dealt McCoy and waived DeSean Jackson...........McBeane did A LOT MORE dismantling than that.........8 recent first and second round picks were dumped by McBeane and most Bills fans were still supportive.

They are 6-11 in their last 17 games with a BUNCH of embarrassing blowouts............that's what is creating the impression that the moves are failing.

They have a plan and some of those guys didn't fit it, like Dareus.  I wish they would have kept Sammy but they didn't.  It's on them now to use their picks and cap space wisely.  Their success or failure relies on their decisions.  As it should be.

48 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

...Ted was certainly one of the best (RIP)....and as far as ex-Bills starting in the league, is it because of coaching/schemes that are designed to exploit given personnel strengths?.....isn't that what the good ones do versus stubbornly steadfast with schemes and forcing round pegs into square holes?.....probably way off base, but am beginning to think this overplayed, obnoxious clappy "process" crap is THE precedent followed by strict schemes that players MUST adapt to.....cannot believe we have 53 empty suits raking in $150+ mil.......HAS to be some talent somewhere besides Shady.......why are we barely treading water?...............

I’m gonna trust the process for a few more years, however, 4 passing TD’s in 7 games is damn near unacceptable... this is professional football. I understand we’re not very talented on offense, but if Daboll can’t put together a few decent offensive performances (with Josh Allen at QB) the remainder of the season, his seat will be on fire. 

• Like (+1) 1

Coaching and Scheme play a part for sure but players make or break coaches not the other way around. You talk about how great Teddy M was and he was good at his job but he had 4 Hall of Famers on that offense in Kelly, Thomas, Reed, and a late career Lofton. He also had very good role players and solid starters as well including Kent Hull.

The Bills offense was LOADED in that era. The Bills haven't had a Quarterback or a well built offense. You can blame that on the General Managers for sure that have been here since that era but I FIND IT VERY HARD TO BELIEVE that not 1 HC or 1 OC has been worth their salt in the last 28 years and dont know how to Coach or Scheme.

Its simply put, we haven't had enough good players here particularly at the most important position in football in the last 28 years.

Perfect example is the Jacksonville Jaguars. Fantastic Defense, probably the most talented Defense currently in the game. They sit at 3-5 because they have Blake Bortles back there. You get the Jags a QB and they are going to the Super Bowl.