How and Why The Bills Could Win Monday Night

Kevin1778

10 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

When they came back and beat us in the fourth? That was a tough loss

It was more than that. Bills forced 5 Dallas turnovers that night. Edwards threw an interception at the 3 yard line (if I remember right) that got returned either for a td, or the other side of the field. Then with like 50 seconds left and Dallas down by 2, they kick an on sides kick and recover the ball. Then proceed to go down field and get to the edge of field goal range, and Dallas's kicker boots a 55 yard fg to win the game. I remember I couldn't even sleep that night. That game was by far one of the hardest losses as a bills fan during the drought years 

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

So the Pats who have score 38,38,38,43 in their last 4 games are going to only score 17 against the Bills.

Right. 

Just think of how many more points they would have scored if those 14 TOs had not completely derailed their offensive output.

Oh and the Bills 20th ranked run game should give them fits. 

As a fan, we just don't want to be embarrassed.  Therefore, on every offensive possession we should run the ball as much as possible while running the play clock under 3 seconds every play.  Hopefully we can pick up a first down on most possessions and repeat this strategy as often as possible.  That way the final score won't be completely embarrassing.  Maybe we can lose 27-10 or something like that instead of 56-3.

That said, this is not how players and coaches are thinking and they are going to try their best and hopefully keep it within 20 points that way.  Anyone thinking we have a chance to actually win this game is fooling themselves.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

So the Pats who have score 38,38,38,43 in their last 4 games are going to only score 17 against the Bills.

Right. 

You mean like last year when they lost to the Phins on MNF after putting up 41 33 35 and 23? Not saying at all its happening my money is full NE but the past games have zero impact on present outcome nor do they guarantee what should happen.

A big, flukey, turnover ratio in our favor is probably about the only thing that would result in us winning this game, along with a near lights-out D performance and total frustration for Tom Brady.

Rex totally confused Brady a couple years ago in WNY and had him as much off his game as I've seen in years, so it can be done.

2 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

1. GET TURNOVERS. The Patriots have turned the ball over 14x. Only 4 teams have turned it over more. With rain and cold temperatures expected, the Bills should feast on the Patriots sloppy offense.

2. RUN THE BALL. The Patriots have struggled mightily to stop the run. Their 24th ranked run defense should allow the Bills to control the clock.

1 + 2 = Win.

Before anyone goes crazy, ask yourselves if you thought the 0-2 Bills could win on the road at the Vikings. How did they do it? They won the turnover battle 3-0 and won the rushing game 128 yards to 14 yards. The Patriots are an ideal matchup for the Bills. They turn the ball over and they can't stop the run. 

Originally thought this was a loss, but now believe the Bills win.

Bills 20. Pats 17.

Didn't read post.  Consults common sense, clearly not so common here...hell no.

22 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

A big, flukey, turnover ratio in our favor is probably about the only thing that would result in us winning this game, along with a near lights-out D performance and total frustration for Tom Brady.

Rex totally confused Brady a couple years ago in WNY and had him as much off his game as I've seen in years, so it can be done.

While a big turnover ratio could happen, I don't see the defense putting up 20 points.  The offense might blindly find their way to a field goal.