Patrick Mahomes: He is having an incredible season

SDS

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was bad at a training camp practice though.  Kinda amazing he was able to bounce back from that. 

It's mind boggling.  I was a huge proponent of him coming out of college because of his arm and gun slinger mentality and I thought he had what it took to make all the throws.  But I thought that he was pretty raw and that it would take some time for him to be a good QB.  Not only did it not take him hardly any time but he's not just good, he's freaking amazing! 

A true marvel

On 12/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, TheFunPolice said:

Who is your pick?

I could see Houston being a dark horse AFC championship

Houston blew their realistic look at an AFC title by losing to the Colts imo. The last second collapse of the Patsies coupled with a HOU win over Indy would have set them up nicely to claim the two seed and the all important bye week. Could still happen if the Steelers avenge last season’s loss to NE at the hands of the officials. It would appear that HOU most likely will end up the 3 seed and the wild card road is much tougher. 

On 12/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

You missed the thread here when he threw a couple of training camp ints and fans were trashing him.  Insane to think about it now. 

...there were MANY with serious doubts about the kid coming from the leper like, dreaded "Air Raid".......seem to remember many "an Air Raid QB NEVER makes it in the NFL".......and even the spread to a lesser extent.....and that same gang of pontificaters probably are NOW on the "see I told you so about this kid" bandwagon.....you may be able to read their truthful "mea cuplas" to your great, great grandchildren when they fess up (YAWN)............

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I may be a bit strange on this....but I continue t gain more respect in Mahommes in his LOSSES then the games where he throws for 5 touchdowns.......

Even when team are not just laying down for the Chiefs......he continues to show grit.

Who dat?

Schofield: Kansas City Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes Could Shift NFL's QB Paradigm | Pro Football Weekly

as0ronpx2yymjm6y4a9rmqrishm76hh

By MARK SCHOFIELD

When Patrick Mahomes was facing his pre-draft evaluation process, a lot of the skepticism surrounding him as a quarterback was the stigma surrounding quarterbacks coming from Air Raid offenses. This piece from Jason Kirk of SB Nation got at the issue. Titled “Air Raid QBs Haven’t Succeeded in the NFL: WIll Patrick Mahomes or Davis Webb,” it outlined some of the reasons that quarterbacks from these systems went on to failure in the league. Whether it was because the offense is overly simplified, or the fact it was an “underdog strategy,” or whether it was due to the fact Air Raid offenses typically operate in conferences that do not play a lot of defense, the history of Air Raid QBs in the NFL is a flawed one.

Or so it was.

In a piece for The Ringer this summer, Rodger Sherman argued the “Case for the NFL’s Air Raid Revolution.” As Sherman points out, Jared Goff, he of the Air Raid background, had a very successful 2017 season . Nick Foles also operated an Air Raid offense in college, and he was named Super Bowl MVP. Despite the criticisms levied at the feet of Baker Mayfield, he was drafted first overall. Those criticisms centered on his offensive system and the fact that he was throwing to so many open receivers, in the wide open Big 12. When he got to the NFL, it was thought, he wouldn’t see so many wide open receivers.

Or will he?

Before anointing him with a gold jacket, let’s see what happens next year.

Branded first year starting superstars like RG3, Watson, Prescott, Daunte Culpepper,Chad Pennington and others didn’t fair very well their next season.

Granted, this kid looks like the real deal but I’ll defer until there’s a larger body of work.

AND

I wanted the Bills to draft him.

He’d be wasted here in our run and stop the run dinosaur system.

• 4 weeks later...

A new WaPo feature piece on the drafting of Mahomes just posted. What's notable is that Reid, Sean Payton, and Bruce Arians -- all of whom clearly know a good qb from a bad one -- really wanted Mahomes. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/09/we-got-it-done-inside-story-how-patrick-mahomes-landed-with-chiefs/?utm_term=.0ccdc0c3f255

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:38 AM, dlonce said:

Before anointing him with a gold jacket, let’s see what happens next year.

Branded first year starting superstars like RG3, Watson, Prescott, Daunte Culpepper,Chad Pennington and others didn’t fair very well their next season.

Granted, this kid looks like the real deal but I’ll defer until there’s a larger body of work.

AND

I wanted the Bills to draft him.

He’d be wasted here in our run and stop the run dinosaur system.

I don't think the purpose of the thread is to predict his career as much as it is to recognize what he's doing this season.

He could (and should) be the unanimous MVP winner.  It's a runaway.  He ends the regular season with over 5,000 passing yards and 50 TD.  On a team with a less-than-stellar defense, his performance is exactly how I define "Value."

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

A new WaPo feature piece on the drafting of Mahomes just posted. What's notable is that Reid, Sean Payton, and Bruce Arians -- all of whom clearly know a good qb from a bad one -- really wanted Mahomes. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/09/we-got-it-done-inside-story-how-patrick-mahomes-landed-with-chiefs/?utm_term=.0ccdc0c3f255

Interesting...hopefully not depressing in the long run, but very interesting.

I may have to re-read it, as I didn't see exactly where he mentioned what caps had been brought to the draft party, just the order of the teams drafting, including the Bills.

Did the Bills even talk to Mohammes or his people in the lead up?

I know we are not the same team and we have Allen..damn, though, those 50 TDs and 5k yards.

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Was funny when people were calling me a quack for suggesting we take him at 10. People were saying he's a 3rd rounder and plays in the spread. He's 6'3 225, has a phenomenal arm and can move when he needs to. I don't get how people weren't excited about him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Was funny when people were calling me a quack for suggesting we take him at 10. People were saying he's a 3rd rounder and plays in the spread. He's 6'3 225, has a phenomenal arm and can move when he needs to. I don't get how people weren't excited about him.

I was honestly excited about him, Feelsy, but he was still a wild card to me and I don't know how willing I was to commit.

I liked him and Watson.

Just now, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I liked Trubisky more than Watson. Still holding out a candle for him. Chicago deserves a great QB. 

Interesting, isn't it, to see these guys all showing up:  Watson, Trubisky, Mahommes...honestly, with the recent few classes, including 2018s, I think the NFL is in a reasonably good place with about 8-12 QBs.

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I liked Trubisky more than Watson. Still holding out a candle for him. Chicago deserves a great QB. 

I'm not sold on Watson or Trubisky. Watson holds on to the ball far too long trying to extend plays. Don't like indecisive QB's. Trubisky is not an accurate passer IMO. Nagy made that offense work. 100 percent sold on Mahomes.