2nd half thread: Bills at Colts 1 pm on CBS

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I genuinely do not care. This season was a rebuilding year. Everyone knew that. Why is Everyone surprised here? 

It’s not surprise. It’s utter disgust. Rebuilding or not, worst in the NFL by a mile isn’t acceptable...ever. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Because the defense, special teams and offensive line aren't bad.

We're a decent QB away from having a really good team. 

This was Whales thinking and it didn't work. We have no offensive weapons at all. 

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah, you're probably right. Hey it's okay everybody, we might be good at some nebulous point in the future maybe, possibly, just keep accepting this miserable BS that is actually happening right now.

McDermott sucks.

So did Marrone to the Homers who have no understanding of the lack of talent on this team, nor the direction this team has been moving over the past 2 years. McDermott is safe, and that is partly due to the purge of salary cap/talent he was allowed to lead. 

Deal wit it.

I can live with the offensive disaster. I CANNOT live with the defensive disaster.

There is no excuse for this disgusting RZ defense. It has nothing to do with process or whatever garbage platitude you want to throw out there. This has been going on since McDermott arrived. If a team advances past our 30, it's a damn near automatic touchdown. The total opposite of a Belichick lead team. That is NOT acceptable even at this stage of the "rebuild."

I think McDermott does some things well and fires up the troops beyond their capability on occasion, but he is not the answer. 

Are we gonna fire Frazier and Daboll? I mean where does the lunacy end?

The RZ defense is the most disturbing aspect of his tenure and no amount of nonsense about year two is going to convince me that's not directly on the head coach.

8 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

And at least he has that to fall back on until he progresses and we get some offensive help. I swear Bills fans can be some of the most negative people. I am living through Wyoming winters and a coaching staff that is clueless. I have put up with a Wyoming football program on par with the Bills, but I have never come even close to the negativity that this site gets to. Thank goodness for the good posters on this site. I need to look up the suicide rate in Buffalo one of these days.

Don't let it get you down too much.

Bad games bring out all the posters that love to scream.

I've followed this team for 50 years and have seen it all.

Today was another really bad game but I didn't think Anderson and this O would be any different.

The D is demoralized and this game has knocked out any playoff chances to the few who thought they still had a shot.

After the bye week hopefully we see all the younger guys get a shot (Allen also) and it's off to the draft and FA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I can live with the offensive disaster. I CANNOT live with the defensive disaster.

There is no excuse for this disgusting RZ defense. It has nothing to do with process or whatever garbage platitude you want to throw out there. This has been going on since McDermott arrived. If a team advances past our 30, it's a damn near automatic touchdown. The total opposite of a Belichick lead team. That is NOT acceptable even at this stage of the "rebuild."

I think McDermott does some things well and fires up the troops beyond their capability on occasion, but he is not the answer. 

Are we gonna fire Frazier and Daboll? I mean where does the lunacy end?

The RZ defense is the most disturbing aspect of his tenure and no amount of nonsense about year two is going to convince me that's not directly on the head coach.

Too me it looked like a lot of missed tackles, poor reaction time and overall a lack of heart—and that’s what was discouraging to see. Clays fumble was the turning point and that should not have been the case. They’re better than that, and McD better figure out how to motivate them this week before NE rolls in. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

You're comparing Allen to a guy signed off the street a week and a half ago.

And the offense production was no better.

This offense is a dumpster fire. Our QBs are all horrible. 

Quit backtracking. You and too many others in this fanbase thought for sure that Allen was the biggest problem with the O and putting any veteran in his place would work wonders. 

You were all proven dead wrong today. Own it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Quit backtracking. You and too many others in this fanbase thought for sure that Allen was the biggest problem with the O and putting any veteran in his place would work wonders. 

You were all proven dead wrong today. Own it.

I never said putting in a veteran would make things better.

Our offense is a joke. Doesn't matter if Peterman, Allen or Anderson are on the field, that side of the ball has been a complete joke all season. 

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

And whose fault is that?

Some would argue circumstance. Eric Wood leaving was not foreseeable. Richie was a huge mistake by Beane, IMO (McDermott allowed it). And, Glenn was deemed a liability.

Bottom line, it is McBeane's responsibility to prevent from happening, not necessarily their fault it did. They have done a poor job scouting WRs, and preparing an average at best OL from being far below average. Also, Daboll was as huge of a mistake as is the disregard for the WR position. At least it seems that way.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Too me it looked like a lot of missed tackles, poor reaction time and overall a lack of heart—and that’s what was discouraging to see. Clays fumble was the turning point and that should not have been the case. They’re better than that, and McD better figure out how to motivate them this week before NE rolls in. 

That would be fine if it were one game.

This sh*tty RZ defense has been a staple of the McDermott era. If we're not getting turnovers or forcing quick 3 and outs, we're giving up TD's.

It it unacceptable and cannot be explained as part of any process.

Just now, jrober38 said:

I never said putting in a veteran would make things better.

Our offense is a joke. Doesn't matter if Peterman, Allen or Anderson are on the field, that side of the ball has been a complete joke all season. 

You were just praising the OL... I'm sure you won't question Shady. Therefore???...

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

Some would argue circumstance. Eric Wood leaving was not foreseeable. Richie was a huge mistake by Beane, IMO (McDermott allowed it). And, Glenn was deemed a liability.

Bottom line, it is McBeane's responsibility to prevent from happening, not necessarily their fault it did. They have done a poor job scouting WRs, and preparing an average at best OL from being far below average. Also, Daboll was as huge of a mistake as is the disregard for the WR position. At least it seems that way.

I agree, they had some tough luck on the Oline. I didnt like the Glenn trade, but they did get a good return.

I just think they haven't addressed the offense at all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

You were just praising the OL... I'm sure you won't question Shady. Therefore???...

We have the worst QB situation in the league. 

I dunno what you're looking for.

Our 1st round pick has been really bad so far, and the other guys haven't looked like they belong on an NFL roster.

How we got to this point is hard to comprehend. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We have the worst QB situation in the league. 

I dunno what you're looking for.

Our 1st round pick has been really bad so far, and the other guys haven't looked like they belong on an NFL roster.

How we got to this point is hard to comprehend. 

The sad thing is that if Josh does not work out, choosing him (and everything we did to get him) will set this franchise back even further.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Cause if your not playing like LT or Ray Lewis you need to be traded.

For draft picks!

I agree.  It is funny how before the season began, there was so much calm and logical talk about this being a rebuilding year and that we would see an improved team next year.  The comments were if we win 4 or 5 games and Allen showed improvement,  that would be a successful season.  Now so many are  a surprises at how bad we are.  They are ready to dump Allen and draft a new franchise qb with in 2019.  I guess that is why we are called fans (fanatic)

• Like (+1) 1