Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is just unbelievable.  It was only a matter of time with their negligent approach to protecting him.  Unreal.  Every time the Bills try to do something that flies in the face of conventional football wisdom, it blows up in their faces.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This.

It LITERALLY sums it up.

They constantly hire and over-empower people......and that power corrupts their ability to make simple, sound decisions.

• Like (+1) 2

I just can't say enough how much I believe this will be a blessing in disguise for Allen. It's entirely possible this elbow injury saves his career.

Josh was sinking out there and on the verge of losing his teammates' confidence as well as his own. He wasn't improving despite what some fans had deluded themselves into thinking. Now he gets to go back to the drawing board while he rehabs. He has time to go through his throws and identify where he was messing up mechanically. He can see all the opportunities he was missing with open receivers, how he could have manipulated the defense, where he had additional time in the pocket, etc. He'll get to watch another QB go through game prep and debrief. For the first time all year, he'll get to look backward and with the benefit of hindsight  he'll improve moving forward.

By the time Allen comes back he'll be a better QB with a renewed appreciation for the opportunity life has thrown his way. He probably still won't be good enough, but he'll be much better prepared and with his confidence intact. He'll probably start to look like an NFL QB.    

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I just can't say enough how much I believe this will be a blessing in disguise for Allen. It's entirely possible this elbow injury saves his career.

Josh was sinking out there and on the verge of losing his teammates' confidence as well as his own. He wasn't improving despite what some fans had deluded themselves into thinking. Now he gets to go back to the drawing board while he rehabs. He has time to go through his throws and identify where he was messing up mechanically. He can see all the opportunities he was missing with open receivers, how he could have manipulated the defense, where he had additional time in the pocket, etc. He'll get to watch another QB go through game prep and debrief. For the first time all year, he'll get to look backward and with the benefit of hindsight  he'll improve moving forward.

By the time Allen comes back he'll be a better QB with a renewed appreciation for the opportunity life has thrown his way. He probably still won't be good enough, but he'll be much better prepared and with his confidence intact. He'll probably start to look like an NFL QB.    

Save his career?  Lol, over dramatic much?  This is such a ridiculous statement to basically say he was going to fail entirely and have his career ruined if he didn’t get hurt that it’s not even worth the time to explain why it’s so ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yikes - i worry about this given Allen’s unque high velo (best ever in nfl history, most likely) skill set. I’d get the surgery with a planned august return, but perhaps I’m overworrying. That said, as @BADOLBILZ knows, these never heal. Ever. You just hope they don’t tear more.

collateral ligaments such as the UCL can heal a lot better than cruciate ligaments such as the acl when sprained. the acl does not heal well when there is a partial tear because there is not a lot of blood flow to that area. MCL and LCL tears are similar to UCL tears as they are for varus and valgus support. cooper kupp just sprained his MCL this weekend and will be back soon. EJ was back somewhat soon after he sprained his LCL in the cleveland thursday night game. Those type of injuries are somewhat similar to Josh's UCL injury in terms of healing even though they are different joints. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Yeah. In no way was injuring his elbow a career saving move. What I will go so far as to agree with is he MAY might be better prepared for when he returns. But the downside of this is if people think Allen is a loser wait until they get a look at our other QBs.

4 hours ago, VW82 said:

Is that before or after the Bills start looking like an NFL team ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

It would be so Billsy that Allen comes back from this injury and no longer has the cannon arm, ya know, the reason the Bills drafted him, so he could throw through the Buffalo weather or somesuch nonsense.  He'd still be a terrible QB either way.

At lest we don't have to wait 1.5 seasons while he recovers from Tommy Johns to find out he's a bust, so there's that.

Edited by AllenWillBust
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This.

It LITERALLY sums it up.

They constantly hire and over-empower people......and that power corrupts their ability to make simple, sound decisions.

Also no excuse for why it took them until week 6 to bring in a proper vet after they decided McCarron was not worth keeping when there was a 5th round pick on offer. Going with Allen and Peterman felt horribly like going with EJ and Tuel. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Also no excuse for why it took them until week 6 to bring in a proper vet after they decided McCarron was not worth keeping when there was a 5th round pick on offer. Going with Allen and Peterman felt horribly like going with EJ and Tuel. 

According toTasker they were trying to get Anderson in since the summer.  Should have sweetened the deal enough to get him in.  Other guys like Moore are done with football

47 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

It would be so Billsy that Allen comes back from this injury and no longer has the cannon arm, ya know, the reason the Bills drafted him, so he could throw through the Buffalo weather or somesuch nonsense.  He'd still be a terrible QB either way.

At lest we don't have to wait 1.5 seasons while he recovers from Tommy Johns to find out he's a bust, so there's that.

Your crusade is old.

It's not funny.  It's never been funny.  Your trolling is transparent.  And your shtick is stale.

Please go away forever.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There aren’t any conflicting reports 

Reading comprehension seems to be at an all time low this week ??

I’ve been out of town, so just to make sure I have it right - Allen was hit by a bus, legally dead for 5 minutes, then the LAMPing doctor amputated his throwing arm rather than treating his spleen?

So Billsy!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Your crusade is old.

It's not funny.  It's never been funny.  Your trolling is transparent.  And your shtick is stale.

Please go away forever.

Gug, is it even worth playing wack-a-troll these days?  You only need to read dudes name to know he’s an immediate ignore ??

Your diligence is appreciated though!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do think Allen is likely gonna miss more than 3 games. If he is back before Thanksgiving weekend I'd be surprised.

First game after the bye is JAX.  Following game is 12/2 in MIA.  I think his next start will be 12/2.

• Like (+1) 2